Suggest replacement upgrade for Kanger Subohm Mini - have a few caveats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Thank you for entering my post, hopefully your input can assist me in making an upgrade to my 13 month old, worn out, beaten system.
Originally I bought this device from Gearbest a day after thanksgiving 2015. Due to free shipping from China it took a total of 46 days to finally arrive and add to that the post office had their heads up their asses. Moving forward...
The batters I bought from Gearbest were feral 10 amp p.o.s. cells - AWT IMR 18650 2600 MAH 40A. Of course I didn't find out their true rating til about a month ago where they are lucky to push 10A and store 150MAH. Good thing I never used much beyond an original tank at .5 ohm atomizer. But recently I bought a moonshot 22 with a few prebuilt twisted coils. Installing these coils resulted in a .3 ohm tank. Funny think is the Kanger is rated to only .5 but about half the time I try to use the moonshot it works at 35 watts, albeit in passthrough while charging.

The device worked fine still with the crap batteries but they require replacement for they are tired. So might as well replace the whole device.

What I'm looking for:
A Subohm device capable of firing atomizers down to .025 ohms
Doesn't matter if the device is packaged with a tank
Would prefer at least 100 watts at the least
Not a requirement but the new "ramp up" mode would a nice feature to have
Would like a single cell device but two or three are required for a lower sale value I don't mind
Would like to purchase one of the SMOK Beast tanks just for giggles and use the 10 or new 12 coil setups.
Temperature control of course
Finally with all that what batteries should be used based on your experience? I know now too just forget about the double cell packs sold at $7 from China. Better off buying single cells @ $10 each from a local shop. Of course the higher continuous amperage output the better.
Now for cost excluding battery, just the box with everything that may come with it. I'm very open minded if someone can present a great proven setup at a reasonable price. For me that would be $60 to $70 or so. As with anyone the lower the cost the better. This isn't even 12 months ago and since then there have been literally double the amount of APVs than the 3 years before that. As a result internet deals and sales are abundant. Its just a matter of locating the deals and spreading the word. One of the reasons I try to visit VaporJoes once a day.
But I've seen deals in the past year where online shops are selling great devices for less than $30. It is those devices I seek.
So let the discussion begin what does everyone suggest in this matter? Any systems with a specific msrp selling for far lower at most places - this is more or less the market adjusting the actual cost to the true value because of the number of them produced and for sale. So of course if every shop has hundreds of the same thing customers have the right to buy from who sales the device for least cost.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread