Status
Not open for further replies.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
US
Hello forum,

I have been vaping pen style forever and am looking at trying a box mod. I currently am using vision spinner 1650mah with an aspire mini tank and they are good so far but please correct me if I am wrong whether it has built in usb port or not the battery will degrade over time. Also I love having the usb port on the battery so I can vape while charging (although i just watched a video that says that most explosions happen while charging/vaping, scary!!)

Anyways, i have never used a box mod because they usually are very heavy. I tried looking at websites but the ones I went to do not show weight. Any suggestions on some good lightweight close to a penstyle weight box mods that I can use with my aspire tank?

Thank you in advance for information.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Your Vision Spinner is a passthrough right? Those are the only one's you're supposed to vape while charging, and even then I think we all got away from those a long time ago in favor of mods with replacement batteries that can be cycled out, or having more mods that can be rotated.

Did a quick search for passthrough mods but I'm striking out except for another Vision Spinner.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    An eleaf istick would make a nice pair with you Nautilus. A 30 or 40 watt has the built in battery with a usb port for charging.

Thanks for the suggestion. The shop i get my stuff from did suggest the istick but was out so i couldnt feel how heavy or light it is. Will be going back this week to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bonskibon

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    Your Vision Spinner is a passthrough right? Those are the only one's you're supposed to vape while charging, and even then I think we all got away from those a long time ago in favor of mods with replacement batteries that can be cycled out, or having more mods that can be rotated.

Did a quick search for passthrough mods but I'm striking out except for another Vision Spinner.

Hey haktuspit, my vision spinner has a usb port and i can vape while charge if i need to. My Understanding of a passthrough is the battery must be plugged in at all times?! So are you saying i shouldnt vape while im charging with the vision spinner?

Yeah i know about these mods but then again they are usually heavy thats why im still using the penstyle since they tend to be lighter.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Reactions: Foggy Road

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Hello forum,

I have been vaping pen style forever and am looking at trying a box mod. I currently am using vision spinner 1650mah with an aspire mini tank and they are good so far but please correct me if I am wrong whether it has built in usb port or not the battery will degrade over time. Also I love having the usb port on the battery so I can vape while charging (although i just watched a video that says that most explosions happen while charging/vaping, scary!!)

Anyways, i have never used a box mod because they usually are very heavy. I tried looking at websites but the ones I went to do not show weight. Any suggestions on some good lightweight close to a penstyle weight box mods that I can use with my aspire tank?

Lightweight??

Well clearly you are asking about the Kamry Universal 80w TC.

With a 18650 battery installed it weights 116g.

Pico with battery weights 134g.

RX200 with 3 batteries weights 315g.

Plus the Kamry is drop dead gorgeous and a real joy to use.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    Lightweight??

Well clearly you are asking about the Kamry Universal 80w TC.

With a 18650 battery installed it weights 116g.

Pico with battery weights 134g.

RX200 with 3 batteries weights 315g.

Plus the Kamry is drop dead gorgeous and a real joy to use.

Hmmm guess im not the wood look kinda vaper lol ;p

But what i find really helpful is the weight you posted. I also have a vapros nunchaku which is pretty heavy to me and its 100g.

I guess it is just not possible to find anything close in terms of weight. Any box mod pretty much is going to be much heavier.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hey haktuspit, my vision spinner has a usb port and i can vape while charge if i need to. My Understanding of a passthrough is the battery must be plugged in at all times?! So are you saying i shouldnt vape while im charging with the vision spinner?

Yeah i know about these mods but then again they are usually heavy thats why im still using the penstyle since they tend to be lighter.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I was really hoping someone with more knowledge about passthroughs would come in here and clear your questions up by I haven't seen that happen. To my knowledge the only batteries you're ever supposed to vape while charging are passthrough, the rest of them are either supposed to be charging, or vaped, not both.

Any mod with an external battery can solve that problem just by having multiple batteries and a charger and rotating them. If you're still looking for passthrough capability My Freedom Smokes still has some of the Vision Spinner III's with passthrough, just saw them the other day.

Was just reminded that you wanted lightweight. I have one mod I actually like a lot even though no one else seems to really have one that I decided to buy after watching people run over it with their cars on youtube. Just looked up the weight, Product weight: 0.066 kg. Quick google of an 18650 says around 40g, so overall weight would be 106g. Not bad, check it out, Encom Voidray.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    I was really hoping someone with more knowledge about passthroughs would come in here and clear your questions up by I haven't seen that happen. To my knowledge the only batteries you're ever supposed to vape while charging are passthrough, the rest of them are either supposed to be charging, or vaped, not both.

Any mod with an external battery can solve that problem just by having multiple batteries and a charger and rotating them. If you're still looking for passthrough capability My Freedom Smokes still has some of the Vision Spinner III's with passthrough, just saw them the other day.

Was just reminded that you wanted lightweight. I have one mod I actually like a lot even though no one else seems to really have one that I decided to buy after watching people run over it with their cars on youtube. Just looked up the weight, Product weight: 0.066 kg. Quick google of an 18650 says around 40g, so overall weight would be 106g. Not bad, check it out, Encom Voidray.

That is a very good weight!! I am not liking the look of it but I might just try because of the weight. Thanks for the suggestion!!

So the batteries I use range from 1600 to 2000 mah, I am not familiar with the 18650 battery, what is the mah on those? I just googled a little it seems like they also come in different mah, is that correct? And if they do, the higher the mah the heavier the battery?

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    They come in all kinds of mah, and different amperage ratings. Here's a link to the current best battery chart developed by Mooch, the in house battery expert.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpeg.555235/

I have no idea about weights. That quick google came up with a way to tell a fake HG2 from a real one, real one's weight more at something like 42 grams.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    Hello forum,

Sometimes you don't want super light, as in very cheaply made, drop it once and it stops working, these will be smaller than the inside of your hand.I don't know if built in battery's are the best investment for the near future
    Vaporesso Target Mini 40W TC cCell Starter Kit
    iStick Pico Kit by Eleaf $29.99

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    Sometimes you don't want super light, as in very cheaply made, drop it once and it stops working, these will be smaller than the inside of your hand.I don't know if built in battery's are the best investment for the near future
    Vaporesso Target Mini 40W TC cCell Starter Kit
    iStick Pico Kit by Eleaf $29.99
    I guess relatively lighter weight is what I am looking for, afterall I do want to get a good one. Thanks for the suggestion the vaporesso looks pretty compact i will have to find out its weight ;-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread