Suggestions for a "best flavor" single coil tank? (I think?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
SXK Corolla.
Looks like an Avocado to me (which I have). Finicky wicking gives me pause (yeah; the Avo was a bit of a chore too), and FT's description of having an acrylic tank is the deal breaker for me. I still DIY with a few tank crackers (TFA Banana Ripe, and several cinnamons), so I am not willing to chance it. But I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.:thumb::D

And thank you too @Beamslider! Duly noted and added to the spreadsheet.:thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It will be wider. You'd either have to deal with a bit of overhang (if the Engine functions this way, don't own it) or you may need to get a mod that will take that size tank without overhang. There are smaller RTAs to try though, if you'd rather do that. Post if you do and I imagine you'd get some different recommendations.

Anna

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Let me ask a question too.
OBS Engine nano is getting a lot of votes, so I am thinking...
But it is listed as 25 mm mod. I have nothing bigger than 23 mm. How this mod will fit a single battery mod? Will it be much wider?
i'd say the nano is worth a wee bit of overhang

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Let me ask a question too.
OBS Engine nano is getting a lot of votes, so I am thinking...
But it is listed as 25 mm mod. I have nothing bigger than 23 mm. How this mod will fit a single battery mod? Will it be much wider?
It won't fit at all on pico unless Pico 25. It fit on most mods that take 22 mm but does overhang some. Works fine if that doesn't bother you. I have two mods that take 25 mm and used them with it but decided they were too bulky to carry around so went back to using it on an evic....It overhangs but that is fine

TrashCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto, ON, Canada
It won't fit at all on pico unless Pico 25. It fit on most mods that take 22 mm but does overhang some. Works fine if that doesn't bother you. I have two mods that take 25 mm and used them with it but decided they were too bulky to carry around so went back to using it on an evic....It overhangs but that is fine
The Pico will fit any tank, just buy a heat sink that acts as a spacer from Fasttech or somewhere...

eg: $1.77 Iwodevape 510 Heat Dissipation Heat Sink for Atomizers - authentic / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It will raise any of the larger tanks above the battery cap... Which is the limiting factor.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Pico will fit any tank, just buy a heat sink that acts as a spacer from Fasttech or somewhere...

eg: $1.77 Iwodevape 510 Heat Dissipation Heat Sink for Atomizers - authentic / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It will raise any of the larger tanks above the battery cap... Which is the limiting factor.

Sorry that doesn't cut it for me and not even convinced it would work. Listed 22mm with 22mm height. The battery cap is around 8 to 9 mm high. If the height of 10 mm counts the pin it won't fit. Anyway the tank will hang over the battery cap and will be inconvenient.

You can find workarounds for most things. The Pico other than the Pico 25 does not on its own take a tank larger than 22mm.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I also suggest the OBS Engine Nano. I believe it ticks all your boxes and the top airflow is stellar with flavor for miles. I would also say the Geekvape Zeus is about to be released and is another single coil top airflow, but it has the Chuff cap you wanted to get away from.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Single coil, in order of preference
  1. Merlin Mini
  2. Kayfun V5
Thanks for your input.:thumbs: I have the Merlin (original) which is still in my daily rotation. Looking at the Merlin Mini; I don't understand how that is a single coil devise?

The KF 5 just has too many love/hate comments to make my short-list (though I am keeping my eye on the KF Prime as more opinions are being shared).

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I also suggest the OBS Engine Nano. I believe it ticks all your boxes and the top airflow is stellar with flavor for miles. I would also say the Geekvape Zeus is about to be released and is another single coil top airflow, but it has the Chuff cap you wanted to get away from.
Thanks!:thumb: I think I have pretty much decided on the Engine Nano as a "definite"; but am thinking about a second, if my budget permits.

The Zeus will have to wait, until there is 2-3 months of useful John/Jane Q. Public feedback, to be considered. I have "chased the unicorn" of new releases a couple of times and it has yet to live up to the hype. I will let braver souls do the reconnaissance and figure out what its idiosyncrasies are.:)

The Serpents (SMM, and Mini), Berserker, and Siren V2, have also caught my attention; but I have yet to make up my mind. The Kayfun Prime is looking interesting, but that one needs more time, to convince me too.

Right now I am trying to boil it all down to HIGH flavor, LOW vapor, and the least amount of "fiddlin" required.
:D

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Thanks for your input.:thumbs: I have the Merlin (original) which is still in my daily rotation. Looking at the Merlin Mini; I don't understand how that is a single coil devise?

The KF 5 just has too many love/hate comments to make my short-list (though I am keeping my eye on the KF Prime as more opinions are being shared).
The Merlin Mini has two decks, one for dual coil one for single. With the size of it the single coil is what I would recommend.

Another really good single coil is the SMM Serpent mini, that's a damn good atty also. It's Wotofo so only get the SS, something about Wotofo and their Black Atty's the machining is garbage, pure garbage but the SS Atty's are acceptable.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
My MTL criteria:

MTL attributes:
  • Simple single wire coils of 26 gauge or smaller
  • Above 1 ohm builds
  • Airflow coming from below coil with a 2 mm max path from AFC ring to inlet below coil
  • Small/tight deck
  • Tight chimney (short or long can come into play)
  • Produces excellent flavor
These factors constitute all the attributes I look for in a MTL tank. Some DL tanks can mimic some of these factors but it takes all of them to generate a true MTL experience that I'm looking for.

What are the Pros of this type of vaping:
  • Low battery usage, under 30 watts, resulting in long battery life
  • Safely use on mechs and regulated mods with lower risk of battery venting, etc.
  • Minimum juice consumption and inhalation of vapor
  • Outstanding flavor where taste buds of mouth are fully engaged
What atties fall into this category:
  • Spheroid V3 and V4
  • KFL
  • Erlkonigin
  • Squape R(s)
  • Gem V1
  • BB with Exocet w KF5 MTL reducer
  • Gus Phenomenon Zest V1 (and Lite)
  • Hurricane V1.2 w KF5 MTL reducer
  • SXK Doggy Style
  • Many, many others (Rose V2, Ubertoot, Evl Reaper, Flash-e vapor, Taifuns, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread