Suggestions for a new setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueish

Jan 8, 2013
us
We need a heavy duty setup for my hubby. We've been using MT3's and basic ego batteries for years. Problem is that my husband works outside in all weather, so his cig gets abused. We both use an 80/20 juice, and I have no problems with our current setup. He's having leaking issues with clearomizers that work fine for me. His batteries are also coming apart in record time. We need a heavy duty setup for him. Does not have to be "pen-style", just durable. Recommendations please...

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
I personally don't use any stick or pen style devices but I know Smok makes great products for a good price and seems to get great reviews.

Smok Stick V8 Kit

Seems mostly everyone is using box mod type set ups with changeable 18650 batts. One of the most heavy duty with a great price that can take a beating and still work great is the Asmodus Ohmsimum. You would need to buy batts and a tank though. But this thing is heavy duty and will take a major beating.

Ohmsmium

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
He might like a Provari. The company closed its doors recently, but you can still purchase one from here: (the only man color they have left is metallic bronze, and they don't have any matching extension caps left) AUTHENTIC ProVari 2.5 Variable Voltage Mod People swear they can get run over by a truck, dropped a million times and still keep on ticking.. they are American made, and a good investment while you can still purchase one. (The link has it for 107.50 with free shipping, shipping insurance is an additional 3.99, so it's not bad, I just purchased from there last night)
I also liked the iTaste 134 mini, it's cool looking and inexpensive... the only real drawback I found was that with mine, after not vaping for a few months it stopped working while in storage.. but I loved it and had no problems with it prior to that. They are very sturdy, for sure. Innokin iTaste Mini 134 Starter Kit (I've not done business with that company, so I know nothing about it.. but it's a good price, and you can find them for good prices.)
The only drawback to the smaller battery sizes is that you run through batteries more often, I was going through 3 batteries each 24 hour period when I was using it full time. To go along with either, you need a nitecore charger, and batteries.

Last edited:

Missjune75

Jul 3, 2014
NYC
I abuse my IPV D3 and it has yet to break on me. At 19.95 on ecig dot com and onsale other places for $25 it's a pretty inexpensive try. You can also get a silicone cover for it. Which I use to protect the paint job.
I like the Freemax Starre Tanks (all of the models except the new pure that was disappointingly of poor quality). I haven't found a better tasting tank and I bought 10 glass cylinders for when I drop it for around $8 with shipping on eBay. I also like my Supertanker Mini but it's really hard to open and I had to buy a new top to use my own drip tip. But aside for that they are inexpensive and easy to use. Both tanks are compatible with many Coils!
My guy at my local vape shop Vapeeasy loves his all in one Egrip II. He is also a Starre fan so it can't be all bad!
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread