RDA suggestions for first time Rebuildable atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunderpersonn

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2012
Madison, WI
Hello Everyone,
I'm going to receive my first rebuildable TCB-1 atomizer (similar to a phoenix atomizer) soon. My biggest thanks and gratitude to HolaAmigos for helping me get a super, affordable rebuildable.
I'm well aware that it will be an act of frustration for the start. I can hang in there. But during that time I'd love to know some suggestions from veterans for things to think about. Yep, I've read stickys (none in this subforum seem to be present.) and I've searched and I've read threads!

I don't want to limit any suggestions but a few to get a start:

So here are my questions:

1.) I know I need to get a VV device. Should I buy a cheapy and a meter or a super expensive one that reads ohms and meters ( ie. provari)? For a beginner remember.
2.) Should I buy a life time of kanthal wire or stick with the wicks and wires that have been offered with the unit?
3.) Are there sticky's or threads that I'm unaware of that I should read...(i've been through many threads about wicks and wires).
4.) I'm so new that I can't even think of more questions! give me you best remembrances back to the day when you were trying to get a start.
Many thanks,
dawn

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Wow, pretty 'bass-ackwards' but nice snag on the Bulli knock-off.

My first answer is get a ProVari. My next answer would be a Twist. My third answer would be to take your chance with a VMax.

As far as coil accessories, go with how often you really plan to re-coil. Lots of vendors out there offer smaller amounts of wick and wire (preassembled to 6in to 15+ feet of each) at a slightly inflated price then if you buy big bulk. That is almost as subjective as juice ya know.

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
Honestly, any catton yarn will work fine for a phoenix style so just grab a spool at your local arts and crafts store and your set for years :p as for the wire, id also recommend the bulk route. Its not that pricey and even if u dont like the rebuildables u will at least always have a back up :). Lavatube is a good begginners choice for vv btw. Wont break the bank either with kits for 52 dollars at appoloecigs. Of course ago c and provari are great options too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread