Suggestions for rebuildable atomizers compatible with GLV2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I both have GLV2 which we love. Lately we've been having terrible luck with atomizers. Atomizers used to last a month or more for me, but the ones we've purchased lately we're lucky if they last a week and we've had too many duds right from the package. If it only happened to me, I'd say it was my error or something amiss with my GLV2 - but this is happening to both of us. We're careful to keep it wet. I just don't see what we could be doing wrong.

I can't afford to keep buying atomizers so I was thinking that maybe the solution would be to go to a rebuildable atomizer. Most of the rebuildables I have seen (online) seem rather wide and I'm not sure if they'll fit on our GLV2s or if the button will be in the way.

Any help will be welcomed. I'm just so frustrated (and out of atomizers).

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
Here's another vote for the Phoenix. Got mine at MoV vapors. Nice and cheap. Requires great fine motor skills. I can now rebuild them perfect each time. Takes practice. I'm running a vertical wire mesh coil. Works well but required tinkering. All in all it's a good solid investment and a start in rebuilding.

Thank you very much for your replies and advice!! :)

I'm an artist so my fine motor skills are very good. I've watched a few videos on rebuilding an atomizer and didn't see anything that I couldn't do.

Still looking around for a good place to buy wire and wick - mostly leaning towards eBay at the moment. I don't have a meter so that is another thing I need to find. I will be so glad to not need to buy another atomizer!!

Any advice on which type of wick??

Johanino

Jun 20, 2011
Scotland
fasttech is where I got my multimeter from. Cheap as chips and works fine. I haven't tried it on my atomisers yet but not worried. Have an youtube video for that. Works fine on my batteries. It was something like £4 UK. Less than $8 including postage.

Also I love my protanks so you just need a ego-510 adapter for the protank mini or similar for the normal protank (or clone which is slightly better - davide glassomiser) and the beauty cone for the larger protanks...

Wick and wire...I know UK sites but not US

SOrry

arth_d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2011
Australia
AGT on Supermini
AGT.jpg

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I posted a thread in the RBA/RDA section looking for a high quality / non-clone RDA to fit with no adapter.

I'm going to order a "Hornet" and "Caliber" to try out. Both are similar size & design to the IGO-S but better made and original designs.
Take pics when you get them. I don't like o-ring are any of them threaded or all mini oring style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread