Suggestions on getting over that first cigarette in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Actually I only smoke cigs outside anyways and my other half won't let me vape in the house either. Work is an issue. When I say coffee drinker I am talking all day coffee drinker. Everyone at my work smokes except a hand full of people which makes the issue of avoiding the smell a problem. Cigs already taste horrible especially since getting NT ACB. I quit 13 years ago for three years(2 solid weeks of migraines which is my worry) and have tried on and off again ever since. I am of the thought process that I have to but a date on it or I will look for excuse not to. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and will keep you posted.
Why won't he let you vape in the house?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
About 30 years. Started when I was 16, and had my very last one March 29th. Took a few months, but I did it. I'd rather go slow, than to try too hard and fail.
Shame on you, you made a girl talk about her age.:p
Hey, you could have left it at 30 years and I would have assumed you started at age 6 or something :)

I could be wrong but I think you were lucky to be able to quit that way, after all those years and packs a day. I was thinking maybe you had only smoked 5 years or so. When I was about 17-19 years in I more or less quit for a year but sneaked a smoke every now and then. Byt he time I was 40 years in there was no way I could smoke just one a day or one a week. It always escalated.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Hey, you could have left it at 30 years and I would have assumed you started at age 6 or something :)

I could be wrong but I think you were lucky to be able to quit that way, after all those years and packs a day. I was thinking maybe you had only smoked 5 years or so. When I was about 17-19 years in I more or less quit for a year but sneaked a smoke every now and then. Byt he time I was 40 years in there was no way I could smoke just one a day or one a week. It always escalated.
Not lucky, I just tackled one hurdle at a time. Breaks at work(ok, that was lucky, I can vape in the office or break room), after a meal, etc. The morning one was the hardest to kick, especially since my mouth and throat was so dry from vaping .

Reactions: VNeil

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
He is against any kind of smoking. Kinda a health nut. It is still nicotine in his opinion.
You might give him some homework to read...

Nicotine Propaganda

And if he's a health nut he probably takes B complex supplements. That contains vitamin B3, aka Nicotine.... ooops... can't call it that, it would confuse the health nuts. Let's synthesize it in a lab instead and call it nicotinic acid. It'll do the same thing and not get all the propaganda confused. Ooops... that doesn't sound so good either, let's call it Niacin, they'll never know what they're ingesting :)

Niacin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And tell him to stay away from the potatoes, egg plant and tomatoes because that is the source of the Nicotine (ooopsss... let's call it Niacin!) that keeps his skin healthy and not looking like the poor guy in the Wikipedia article...

Last edited:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
He is against any kind of smoking. Kinda a health nut. It is still nicotine in his opinion.
He is correct it is still nicotine... But it is NOT smoking and nicotine is not what is the bad ingredient in cigarettes.

If he is so healthy then I would think he would want you to be as well? Maybe approaching him with that and explaining that vaping is healthier and helping you will sway him?
My suggestion would be (if you can change his mind) to not go to the place where you typically do (outside) to smoke.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Sorry for the off topic, but how long does nic last in the freezer ?
I'm too lazy to look, but there's been discussions here that claim nicotine base degrades by about 1% a year.

So if you're freezing 100 mg/ml, after a year, it would be about 99 mg/ml, and so on.

Reactions: Cagirl94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread