Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Down to 7 today from pack and half three weeks ago. Battery died on me. Managed to make it through lunch without a cig after we will see how dinner goes. Pistol grip on the vape though all day used 6mg nic in the tank
One can never have too many batteries...

Reactions: Rossum

prityinsid

Jul 26, 2015
Until you can get a second setup, maybe you could try a liquid flavor with tobacco + something else you like. My husband is having problems choosing the vape over analog too. He thinks his NIC level is too low, so he is going to try the next step up. We both have one set up each, as well. I like my chocolate/coffee flavor in the morning so after my before bed vape (we vape outside) I quick wipe down my tank and switch from a coil with fruity flavor to the coil for chocolate/coffee and put a little in the tank for the first few morning vapes. It's a lot of work, but we can't swing another setup right now.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
My solution has been to keep an extra tank lying around (a cheap EVOD, I think it was like $7 at my local B&M) with a menthol tobacco juice and a higher nic level than my normal juice. I vape that first thing in the morning and the little extra nicotine jolt keeps me from wanting an analog! Then I just swap tanks back to whatever I'm vaping normally (usually fruit or bakery flavors). This way, the flavors don't get messed up, and I don't go for an analog because it's quicker than cleaning tanks.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: Rossum

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Until you can get a second setup, maybe you could try a liquid flavor with tobacco + something else you like. My husband is having problems choosing the vape over analog too. He thinks his NIC level is too low, so he is going to try the next step up. We both have one set up each, as well. I like my chocolate/coffee flavor in the morning so after my before bed vape (we vape outside) I quick wipe down my tank and switch from a coil with fruity flavor to the coil for chocolate/coffee and put a little in the tank for the first few morning vapes. It's a lot of work, but we can't swing another setup right now.
Your Husband is probably right and might want to read this...

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

Or maybe he needs a little WTA in the morning?

WTA Refill Liquids | E-Cigarette Forum

I went through the same dilemma......that get my coffee, grab the smokes and head outside in the morning routine....then, one morning, I got up, got my coffee, grabbed my smokes, and threw them in the trash. I sweated and struggled for 3 days, but found a deliscious vape and vaped my head off until I felt better. Good luck.

CanadianVAPER

Jul 30, 2015
When I made the initial switch to vaping, the morning cig was the hardest part to overcome. The reason for this was that it became a ritual for me. I would wake up at around 5:00am and go downstairs outback and light up. It felt amazing to me, but when i started vaping i made sure i would give it my all. It was tough at first and believe me.... i had a morning cig every day for the first week. But eventually it all came down to willpower and having the right mg of nicotine in my vape. So i just toughed it out with my vape for about 3 days and then that became the new ritual for me. It all comes down to willpower and how badly you truly want to quit. Personally I say throw your cigs away and leave yourself with just your vape so you have no other choice, because as long as the cigs are there, the temptation will be there also.

Reactions: Just Me

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
what worked for me and my morning cig craving was delaying. the first few days I delayed the first cig for 10 min. vaping while I waited. then I dropped to 20 min, then 30 min, etc. within 2 weeks my first cig was at 2 in the afternoon. I used the delay for all my cravings in the beginning. and I would not smoke the whole cig, just half. within a month I was down to 2 cigs a day before bed.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Thanks VNeil! Great info, I'll pass it along to my husband. I'm finding I am more addicted to the physical drag feeling, and hand to mouth movements than the nicotine. Things are going much easier for me than for him.
You're a natural vaper :)
I'm not sure what I was or wasn't dependent on, but I surely loved taking in smoke and that hand to mouth thing. So there isn't much I miss from smoking. And I might have mentioned here or another thread yesterday that I found that dripping was sort of like lighting up, a nice ritual. Vaping is all the fun of smoking without any of the bad stuff. Except the politics. Sigh. But nothing is perfect, except when I'm at home away from the politics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread