Suggestions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnieye

Aug 2, 2011
USA
Hi all, I've been using two Kanger subox Mini's for a couple of years now and really like them, but they are getting pretty beat up now. It's time for a new one.
I use the build deck, Kanthal Clapton wire @ .5 ohms, 30-35 W, 3mm diameter and cotton, love it !
I have been out of the loop now on the latest and greatest out there.
Question: Does Kanger make a similar setup with a larger tank and build deck ?
If not can you please suggest a similar setup,but with a larger tank than the Subox
Mini.
I really like simplicity, performance and durability of the Subox Mini but thought I'd ask if there was something bigger and better, in your opinion, out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hi all, I've been using two Kanger Subox Mini's for a couple of years now and really like them, but they are getting pretty beat up now. It's time for a new one.
I use the build deck, Kanthal Clapton wire @ .5 ohms, 30-35 W, 3mm diameter and cotton, love it !
If not can you please suggest a similar setup,but with a larger tank than the Subox
Mini.
I really like simplicity, performance and durability of the Subox Mini but thought I'd ask if there was something bigger and better, in your opinion, out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks
Kanger really hasn't upped their game much in the tank/rba category. They have come out with newer mods...

If you want a similar package experience, look to the Innokin Oceanus kit. 110 watts (no TC, sadly), and the Scion tank with RBA. Runs on 20700 cells (awesome), and comes with 2 in silicone sleeves (awesomer).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Looking at it a little closer, there is a real dearth of kits WITH an RBA included. I'm hard pressed to locate any aside from the Oceanus. Most SMOK kits have available RBAs, but they do not ship with the mod/tank... Likewise for Wismec/Joyetech/Eleaf...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi all, I've been using two Kanger Subox Mini's for a couple of years now and really like them, but they are getting pretty beat up now. It's time for a new one.
Mini.

If you want a Tank with a Larger RBA section, you will get Many More options if you move to a 24 or 25mm Atomizer.

Something like a Wotofo Serpent Mini 25mm or a Wotofo SMM RTA come to mind.

But to avoid the Dreaded Atomizer Overhang (DAO), you would need a 25mm wide Mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Looking at it a little closer, there is a real dearth of kits WITH an RBA included. I'm hard pressed to locate any aside from the Oceanus. Most SMOK kits have available RBAs, but they do not ship with the mod/tank... Likewise for Wismec/Joyetech/Eleaf...

I don't own one of these, but they're out there. Internal not-too-bad 2300mah battery.

Eleaf iStick Pico RDTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer Kit

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I don't own one of these, but they're out there. Internal not-too-bad 2300mah battery.

Eleaf iStick Pico RDTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer Kit
Oh, yeah... there are RBA sections for LOTS of tanks... Baby Beast, TFV8, TFV4, TFV12, Subtank and more. My point was most (Kanger and, now, Innokin being the exception) kits (mod and tank) do not include the RBA. The older Kanger kits, and this Innokin Oceanus include the RBA.

Reactions: Letitia

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Not sure about the size of the Ageis. It might be larger than you want for a pocket. I've never seen one in person though. Here is a pocket friendly mod. If you search you can find just the mod out there. Make sure you read carefully there are many Eleaf Pico mod sizes out there. This is the "Pico 25".

iStick Pico 25 with ELLO - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Johnnieye

Aug 2, 2011
USA
Thank you all for the suggestions, very much appreciated !
I ended up with the Geek Vape Aegis mod ( brown leather w/ black ) & the OBS nano ( blue ). What a great setup and beautiful ! Great vape, no leakage and just about indestructible, great for me because I work construction and ride a lot. I just got back from Ocean City MD bike week and this setup was flawless !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread