• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Suncoast Vapers Meet -Saturday, March 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
:lol: We usually pack up and head for the hills when the karaoke starts :p

whew! That's a relief! Trying to make new vaping friends, not get barred from the group :p:beer:

Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

dereck

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
I don't...but when I was here on a job back in 2002 (before I actually relocated here) I stayed in the Homestead Suites, Candlewood, La Quinta, and the Extended Stay...all were right up the block on Ulmerton...all were pretty reasonable...La Quinta and Extended Stay were the better of the bunch...There's also a Radisson around the corner on Roosevelt that looks nicer than them all judging from the outside...I didn't stay there.

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't stay over either but I did consider it for a few meets last year lol. Vapestock = hotel room for me :)

I drive about 1.5hrs but... it's good fun so not a big deal since I'm not a big drinker. Can't wait! Looks like a new face from Facebook will join us too! Whee!!

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
AJ's sports bar is a one-hour drive from my house, so I guess just want to play it safe. Really looking forward to meeting everybody!!:toast:

Just passed 3 weeks no analog cigarettes!! I tried to go back to one about a week ago... took 2 puffs and stuffed it out really fast! (then brushed my teeth and washed my hands...yuck) I can now say that I never ever ever... would have dreamed to have said or thought that, ever. After 37+ years of it.

The really weird thing is, I didn't decide nor set out to quit smoking cigarettes at all. I had already decided I would be always and forever a life-time Marlboro smoker.
I just happened to be out shopping at a local Walgreens buying other stuff and decided to try out some disposables. And that one truly random decision, has now led me to all of this.

How strange (but wonderful) is that? :blush:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hi all -
I just came across a post about the documentary We Are Vapers. After checking out their web site, it looks like a terrific film to support and a great way to spread accurate information about what vaping really is.

I noticed that the NJ vapers club contributed as a group, and I thought it might be nice to have our group contribute as well.

If anyone is interested in doing this as a group, please let me know. I would be happy to take the lead on this as I'll be contributing no matter what, but fully understand if as a group you'd be more comfortable handing cash over to someone you've known longer than the newbie :)

Their deadline for fundraising is 3/31, so any funds will need up be collected at this Saturdays meet.

http://www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers?c=home

Happy vaping,
Cheeky
Sent using Tapatalk
"Being happy doesn't mean things are perfect. It means you've decided to look past the imperfections." ~ anon

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Woot Marcella ;) Your story sounds like so many of ours! I discovered ecigs in 2009 and you couldn't pay me to go back. Sometimes I feel like I'm preaching a religion but it has been so life changing, can't help but share that with others who are curious or just starting out.

Hey Cheeky - The We are Vapers IS a GREAT project. Linc is awesome and CASAA is working closely with him to make sure all information is fact checked, etc. He is coming to Vapestock and will be doing some filming for the project during that weekend. I am very excited about this project and hoping it can show ecigs in a positive light as well as expose smokers to our world.

I've already donated and the deadline for IndieGoGo is fast approaching. Our group has not been collecting money, we try to keep our group free of worrying about handling money. We give out raffle tickets for free so we don't have financial responsibilities to tend to.

I would suggest though that you bring up the We are Vapers project at the meet. Some may not have heard about it yet, some might be interested in supporting. Some...already have donated ;)

Can't wait for the meet!! Wheee! Are we there yet??

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hi Laurel!
I'll definitely bring up We are Vapers at the meet, and will be making a donation after the meet :)

Can't wait till Saturday, and until then it's back to operation mailman stalk - hopefully it will pay off in the next few days :D

Sent using Tapatalk

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I am bummed! My dear wife just told me that we have to go to dinner on Saturday with people I really can't stand! I hate missing meet ups! Have fun for me folks ................

I hope to meet you next month Pete!

Sent using Tapatalk

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
I am bummed! My dear wife just told me that we have to go to dinner on Saturday with people I really can't stand! I hate missing meet ups! Have fun for me folks ................
Where's the DISLIKE button?? I feel for ya Pete, sorry. You're banking one with the wife though, so you go boy :)

willdupre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
Largo, Fl

Bummer Pete, you will be missed.

btw am vaping your Crema Catalana mix right now. Yumm. of course I don't have any fancy labels for my bottles :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread