• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Super LOCAL source for 'important' DIY liquid - Burn Intense

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
In the past, when I was gonna give them a try, the only method of payment was a bank transfer. Thus, I opted out of that nuisance. Can't recall exactly when that was, but it didn't seem like a year ago. Mind you, time does fly.

Regardless, not sure what kind of "nic kit" you're using. Mind posting a picture, as you're good at doing that?

Myself, I don't have a nic kit. However, I did manage to find a friend of mine who works as a scientist at KT&G which is in the business of manufacturing cigarettes. Their plant/laboratory is located only 5 minutes from my house.

We shall soon see exactly what we're dealing with with respect to Burnintense's nicotine strength and other chemicals which might have been added to the mix, once the analysis is done.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I'm sure we all (well all 5 of us in the Korea forum lol) are anxiously waiting for the nicotine assay and GC-MS evaluation reports. :) They're are not cheap tests, so its nice to see that you're going to all the trouble of paying for them out of your pocket. This will hopefully put an end to this thread one way or another.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I'm sure we all (well all 5 of us in the Korea forum lol) are anxiously waiting for the nicotine assay and GC-MS evaluation reports. :) They're are not cheap tests, so its nice to see that you're going to all the trouble of paying for them out of your pocket. This will hopefully put an end to this thread one way or another.

Yeah, I'll be happy to find out whether or not that 'nicotine' is in fact as adertised, and not some other toxic chemical, or watered down substance.

The testing is not gonna cost me a single pennies. That's what friends are for. Gotta love those 'connections' in Korea. They've saved my ... many times.

It's all about safe vaping and keeping one another from potentially becoming very ill, either in the short-term or the long-term.

So, in the mean time, please post a pic of your "nic kit" from Manila. Interested in seeing what kind of device you've been using over the years.

Cheers...

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Well there really isn't a lot to a nicotine test kit. All you need is Bromothymol Blue, .12n Acid, and distilled water. (all of which can be purchased at any pool supply store---same chemicals used for testing chlorine). Add to that a white plastic cup, two 5ml plastic syringes, and of course nicotine base. Look around and you will see how easy it is to test nicotine.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Well there really isn't a lot to a nicotine test kit. All you need is Bromothymol Blue, .12n Acid, and distilled water. (all of which can be purchased at any pool supply store---same chemicals used for testing chlorine). Add to that a white plastic cup, two 5ml plastic syringes, and of course nicotine base. Look around and you will see how easy it is to test nicotine.

Please post a picture of the "nic kit" which you bought in Manila and have said on the forum you have used to specifically test the Nicotine from Burnintense, with it showing positive results. You do remember saying that you have tested it many times and it's always been exactly as adertised, don't you?

A simple pic of the kit on your table, as you quite often do with your new atts, is all I ask...... Not a big problem, is it?

Thanks...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Not going to bite. If you actually take a look around the internet you will see how stupid your request is. You really have no idea how nicotine test kits work do you? Even if I were to show you all this stuff on my desk I know it wouldn't be the end of it for you.

Look this is simple. You claim there is a problem. The burden of proof is yours so either put up or .....

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Please post a picture of the "nic kit" which you bought in Manila and have said on the forum you have used to specifically test the Nicotine from Burnintense, with it showing positive results. You do remember saying that you have tested it many times and it's always been exactly as adertised, don't you?

A simple pic of the kit on your table, as you quite often do with your new atts, is all I ask...... Not a big problem, is it?

Thanks...

If you read our DIY forum, you'll see exactly what Waddle is talking about and how you, too, can test your own nicotine base. As he stated in his post, and also stated in the link, all you need is:

.12N Sulfuric Acid
Bromothymol Blue
Distilled Water
10mL Graduated Cylinder, .1mL markings is optimum
A paper towel

Let's also back off the rhetoric. Unless you have absolute proof to back your claims up, it's all conjecture and not helping the conversation.

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
I'm not arguing, I'm just curious. And there is evidence something is going on with this supplier that isn't 100% above board.

Burnintense claims to sell MFS 200/mg liquid.

MFS said it has never sold them 200/mg liquid, only some pure nicotine a long time ago, and if they sold any volume, they would have gone thru it long ago.

Burnintense sells their nic at LESS THAN 10% of the cost of nic in Korean B&M's. Also, they offer discounts for orders over 300,000 won, so I think its fair to say they're a volume supplier.

If they didn't claim to sell MFS nicotine, I wouldn't be as suspicious. But they are clearly lying about the source of their nic. So I think a healthy dose of skepticism is in order.

I would have to spend 1,200,000 won for the equivalent amount of nic in a B&M that burnintense sells for 79,000, shipping included. Seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I'm not arguing, I'm just curious. And there is evidence something is going on with this supplier that isn't 100% above board.

MFS said it has never sold them 200/mg liquid, only some pure nicotine a long time ago, and if they sold any volume, they would have gone thru it long ago.

Burnintense sells their nic at LESS THAN 10% of the cost of nic in Korean B&M's. Also, they offer discounts for orders over 300,000 won, so I think its fair to say they're a volume supplier.

If they didn't claim to sell MFS nicotine, I wouldn't be as suspicious. But they are clearly lying about the source of their nic. So I think a healthy dose of skepticism is in order.

I would have to spend 1,200,000 won for the equivalent amount of nic in a B&M that burnintense sells for 79,000, shipping included. Seems too good to be true.

I think most of your points have already been discussed . If you're not willing to test the liquid yourself then you're better off buying from another supplier you trust.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Again, the proof is in the pudding. Back it up with concrete evidence (not circumstantial) or knock off the rhetoric.

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
I have it, I just don't want to pay 40K for two dollars worth of bromothymol. As soon as I find a reasonable source I shall.

My points may have been discussed, but they haven't been answered.

Burnintense, unlike reputable suppliers, doesn't respond to email. I allow for the language barrier, but most Korean suppliers do reply.

I know, and do source my nicotine elsewhere until this is resolved.

The entire point of online forums is to raise issues like these.

Perhaps their nic will test at 200/mg.

whatever

They are representing their product as MFS, but it clearly is not.

Why? Isn't it easier to just be honest about the source of their nic?

Since it is 90% cheaper than Korean nic, nobody would care if it is from Shanghai.

So why do they lie??

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
Just to be clear, I do have evidence: I have contacted the legitimate source burnintense.org says supplies their nicotine, My Freedom Smokes. A reputable manufacturer who has no incentive to lie.

The source, says no, these people aren't buying nic from them. Why would MFS deny selling these people nic?!

That seems to be clear evidence of fraud.

What more evidence are you looking for retired1?

This supplier is lying about what they sell.
Period. Regardless of whether its 200mg or not.
F'ing shady.
If it is Chinese nic (as it presumably is), JUST SAY SO!

They say it is MFS nicotine, but, according to MFS, it is not.

so....?

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Reputable suppliers of nicotine? What reputable suppliers are you talking about in Korea? This is what I find most amusing about this thread -- just about all the nicotine in Korea is smuggled in -- it's almost all illegal. Why is it they give you a small amount of nicotine under the table when you go into a B&M shop in Korea? Do you think it's to avoid tax? Is this legal? Show me one dealer in Korea where you could even buy 120ml of 100mg/ml nicotine? Have you questioned every vendor you've ever bought juice from; where his nicotine comes from?

How do you know they are lying about it being MFS base nicotine ? MFS sells pure nicotine by the 55 gallon drum to many people - probably to thousands of people world wide. Do they actually keep track of where that nicotine goes after it heads out their doors?

Granted..the labelling "may" be deceiving. But only if it isn't MFS base nicotine. Illegal...well sure, considering that selling nicotine base to the public in Korea is illegal to begin with. Chances are you a right...it's Chinese nicotine base...like 90% of the world's base nicotine. Why not call it Chinese nicotine...well because putting MFS on the label makes it sound better. And it might even be true. You're surprised by all this?

What concerns me most is that the OP is determined to have this site shut down, not for safety concerns, but because of a personal vendetta. He makes wild claims about their lack of product safety based on no evidence. If someone can prove that what they are selling is anything but nicotine and PG then I'm all in for shutting them down. But the evidence must be based on actual lab tests and not anecdotal.

If it is only nicotine and PG (which I feel personally it is according to simple nicotine tests) then I'm happy to have them selling in Korea even if its illegal. And even if they've mis-labelled it.

So let's bring on the lab results that the OP is supposedly having done.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Last edited:

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
They are, at minimum, lying about it being MFS 200/mg nic.

MFS is fine with people taking their base, diluting it, and reselling it.

But they understandably don't like people diluting it and counterfeiting their own MFS lables.

I don't buy nic at B&Ms here, I agree they aren't reputable. I get it online, and until recently, was lucky with the customs ridiculousness.

They are selling a product that is a tiny tiny fraction of the cost ANY other seller is. The discount is so large it could be labeled "Made in Japan on the Island of Dokdo which is a Japanese Island" and Koreans would still be buying the hell out of this stuff.

And I doubt its illegal to ship nic. Korea gives LARGE rewards to people who snich on others breaking the law. That's why there are no drugs here. So I don't think it's illegal to ship nic, or somebody would have cashed in on these people.

But thanks for the links, when I looked up Bromothymol on gmarket I mustve missed that one.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Just to be clear, I do have evidence: I have contacted the legitimate source burnintense.org says supplies their nicotine, My Freedom Smokes. A reputable manufacturer who has no incentive to lie.

The source, says no, these people aren't buying nic from them. Why would MFS deny selling these people nic?!

That seems to be clear evidence of fraud.

What more evidence are you looking for retired1?

This supplier is lying about what they sell.
Period. Regardless of whether its 200mg or not.
F'ing shady.
If it is Chinese nic (as it presumably is), JUST SAY SO!

They say it is MFS nicotine, but, according to MFS, it is not.

so....?

This is assuming they buy under the name "BurnIntense." Which could an issue for BI. Which could incentivize them to buy under a different name. Which is easily do-able and probably preferable since, with their prices here in this market, they probably bypass "traditional" shipping routes. And likely given their base of operations.

Circumstantial- yeah- but as circumstantial as your basis for claiming "fraud." I wonder if MFS nic comes rife with the easily-testable, signature MFS molecule....

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
This is assuming they buy under the name "BurnIntense." Which could an issue for BI. Which could incentivize them to buy under a different name. Which is easily do-able and probably preferable since, with their prices here in this market, they probably bypass "traditional" shipping routes. And likely given their base of operations.

Circumstantial- yeah- but as circumstantial as your basis for claiming "fraud." I wonder if MFS nic comes rife with the easily-testable, signature MFS molecule....

Interesting that you've come to this conclusion. It's exactly what they told me..that they buy under a different name. My Korean friends were quite surprised that they would have taken me into their confidence to tell me. PM sent. Maybe you can make better sense of it than me. I don't want to post it here as it may be incriminating for them. And I certainly don't want to betray their confidence.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Seems the logical thing to do for them (given their prices). Harder trail. While I'm pretty sure shipping nic/tobacco (info. that I can't find online, except from word-of-mouth via this site) isn't legit, let's assume for a moment it is if appropriate taxes/customs are levied. At their prices, they obviously skirt them. Meaning they (as well as anyone here who get's nicotine shipped in w/o paying customs or self-reporting, since legality isn't a matter of whether or not you get caught) are doing something not completely legit (ie avoiding taxes, etc) hence the need for secrecy. Buy in bulk within the States, then repackage/mislabel to avoid customs. Or physically bring them in. Maybe they have a favorable connection with a shipping co.. Maybe they bring them in via airport in big suitcases filled with bottles of pure nicotine. (A la Blow, which is a fun thought) If they're caught (they as in the business, not the shipments), there'd probably be some sort of penalty/fine involved, but probably less severe than regularly bypassing customs. They could say they bought locally and lost the papers. Or they could say the on-book purchase (whenever MFS has them on record) was their only purchase. I mean, w/o evidence (a trail connecting purchase from MFS directly) connecting them to the illegally imported goods, the law'd only be able to do so much. (But this is just me thinking.)
==
btw, yeah- from what I understood in the letter, they seem to use a different name.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I figure that's a pretty good proximity of the truth. If they are truly selling evil then by all means they should be shut-down. However the facts just don't seem to support it. But to lose them just because they are skirting the law (like many of us here are already doing ) would be tragic for the vaping community as a whole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread