Status
Not open for further replies.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
We are definitely on the same page here. A few weeks ago I suggested an extension tube which was probably a wrong term to use. I was suggesting a P16 tube with the length of the P18 tube available as an accessory for the P16. I know that David doesn't necessarily like using product ideas which are already offered on existing models (such as AdapteveR and Chameleon), but the long sleeve accessory would be really cool to have. I like that my P18 is made to use the AW18650 batt, but I really got it because I wanted the best looking, highest quality mod in the market capable of doing 6V. If there would be an option to have what I currently have in an even thinner version without a need to wrap my 3V batts with electrical tape, I would be the first in line! I speculate that it would be simple for David to offer this option if the demand was high enough.

he did the extension tube on the super-t1 that made it go from a single 16340 to two 15270s:

an extension sleeve that mated with the internal threads of the P16 would likely reduce the diameter to the point of being unable to use the 16340s. it would be another stacked CR2 mod. P17, might be the only way to go.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Oh I agree buGG. And David brought that to our attention as well, that the current tube is too thin and doesn't provide enough room for that feature. That's why I thought that a whole new separate tube the length of the P18 tube would be a great option. For 6V, that would be as small and as thin as it gets.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Oh I agree buGG. And David brought that to our attention as well, that the current tube is too thin and doesn't provide enough room for that feature. That's why I thought that a whole new separate tube the length of the P18 tube would be a great option. For 6V, that would be as small and as thin as it gets.
This seems like it would be pretty simple to do, What do ya think David?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
P16 size is very nice indeed! And with regular resistance cartos the ICR battery lasts a long time. With IMR batteries, you get the full effect of LR attys albeit with a shorter runtime. I'm a happy camper with th P16. The 16340 is a very nice size battery for my vaping purposes, and imho Precise16 is just the finest MOD available that takes that size batt.

As fine as it is, there are a few things that could make it an even more perfect device for me.

1. It could be a little lighter. While it is not heavy by any stretch, the all aluminum MODs feel feather light in comparison. The extra weight isn't much of an issue when using it (i kind of like the extra weight in hand really), but lighter is nicer for carrying in pockets. Beveling the top cap would shave a little weight. The cutout design of the ShockWave is an interesting way of making a lighter device (of course at the expense of strength).

2. Other adapters besides the 510 would be a nice addition. Ideally, I'd like an 801 top.

3. A button guard would be nice. I usually carry mine in a 'holster' of sorts, when I do actually pocket it, I'm a little wary. A firm'ish cap or sleeve to put on the button end might make a nice addition for carrying in front pant pockets. A little leather cap with a firm plastic disc in its base that slid over the end type thing.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Put me down for the long option for the P16 please! I would love to put my AW LifePO4 batteries in the Precise and I actually own a few 17670s. I was kicking around the idea of ordering a P18 so I could vape with the best at 6v but this would be a much better solution as I would probably never put the 18650 in the P18 anyway. I find that most of the time my mods have one particular battery set up and I usually keep it that way.

One question.... will my current end caps fit as well as they do on this tube?

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Not a half bad idea. It wouldn't take any new engineering, just extending the length for an extra 16340. Hmm...something to kick around...
This is really exciting, I would love to have this. I actually ordered the brass accs. For the p18 but accidentally ordered the p16 switch shield but It got me kind of excited because I get to see how small the 16 actually is. If there is any chance of this tube extension happening I will probably just hang onto this mismatched switch shield because I will obviously buy one if it comes out.sorry for rambling but I am seriously excited right now.

JRWReich

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
Colorado Springs CO, USA
When i find time to getting around to making a P14, it'll be for the 14500 only and sized around the AW 14500 IMR high drain and The AW14500 Protected. It won't fit cr2's like the s6 as it will be considerably thinner. I want to make it a bit special in design, so we'll see when the time comes.

I have a few 3.2 volt 14250's. They work well in the Super 6 and I'm sure they will fit this as well. The mAh are pretty low but they are worth it, I think.

leroytwohawks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
also could anyone tell me if the p16 has juice leakage issues from the bottom of the atties ? I realized it has a juice well but that doesnt mean it cant leak ..so um, does it? I like to use LR atties and flood them to get a good th/flavor so my standard ego leaks like crazy :/

I would say no for general use, but if you like to flood your attys I would think that any PV is going to have some leakage. As far as the Super-T products I don't think you'll find any other PV maker with more precision machining out there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread