Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
I relapsed this morning after 93 days.

I don't even understand why/how. I have so much gear/juice that it doesn't even make any sense. I just had this huge urge to go buy some and I did, and I had two of them. It was like I'd never even stopped.

I am so guilty right now that I can't even face anyone I know. I don't understand why this would even cross my mind after 3 months...much less actually do it. I mean, there are several steps...drive, spend money, drive back, smoke.

Very unhappy.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
What ever you nicotine level is, have one system ready to go with higher nicotine level in it for those times. 1 1/2 years later my wife on occasion has to go to my vape stand and grab one of my higher nicotine level one to get through the urge. CHEERS! and good luck to you.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Don't sweat it.... I just had a "crisis" after 4+ years. I am very upset with myself but understand a series of events lead me back to old habits. It was transitory and I just have to pick up the pieces and get straight again so to speak.
Same for you.... don't beat yourself up... we are all human and it's not the end of the world.
Pick yourself, brush off the ashes, wash the stink out of your clothes, and vape on......:oops:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months -- all are dangerous times for ex-smokers. But I don't think 2 cigs constitutes a relapse -- an experiment, maybe. I'd suggest WTA for the dangerous times, but you're now past 3 months, and I think you nixed WTA when it was discussed previously. But I stand by my experience, that WTA can totally relieve cravings, or even the vague feeling that vaping just "isn't enough."

Andria

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
giphy.gif

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Three months? That's not very long. It was about a year before I realized I wasn't having cravings anymore.

I use to tell people that vaping is not exactly like smoking, but it's close enough to get used to it. Now I can't remember exactly what the difference is.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
I always have an NET like Latakia from RBFS in my juice cabinet and I use it during weak moments...that plus the one hour round trip to the nearest store has kept me on the straight and narrow. Ultimately, you shouldn't feel bad about having a little relapse, I mean, it's not like you went to the Cigarette Forum to talk it out.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

I don't even understand why/how. I have so much gear/juice that it doesn't even make any sense. I just had this huge urge to go buy some and I did, and I had two of them. It was like I'd never even stopped.

I am so guilty right now that I can't even face anyone I know. I don't understand why this would even cross my mind after 3 months...much less actually do it. I mean, there are several steps...drive, spend money, drive back, smoke.

Very unhappy.

Liquid, you're o.k. I'm about 14 months smoke-free, and every now and again, I wonder what it would be like to have a smoke. Since I smoked menthols, and no one around me does, it's a little easier to fight the urge to go buy a pack. I just wander into my "vape cave" and see what yum-i-licious-ness I can concoct that takes my mind off the real thing.

How many cigarettes did you NOT smoke in those 93 days? Helluva lot more than 2, right? Focus on the POSITIVES - and take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time :)

Reactions: Astron

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA

Very unhappy.

Two cigs in three months is pretty good, IMO.

Weren't you talking about quitting vaping soon? Perhaps you were a little too confident in having it beat for good.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Throw the cigs away and get back to vaping. You'll be fine.

Reactions: Kivrin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread