Sweet Creamy Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
Ever wanted a nice, hot cup of coffee with your vape? Why not just put that cup of coffee IN your vape and get it done?! Here's my attempt:

Creamy Coffee (cuppa)
9ml Base
1 drop Lemon Drop (tastypuff lemon in this case)(I prepared this from my lemon base)
10 drops coffee extract (watkins, found in the flavor extracts in the baking section of walmart) ingredients are safe (water, alcohol and coffee bean extract)
1 drop double chocolate (cap)
1 drop sugar cookie (cap)
2 drops Vanilla Custard (cap)
2 drops EM (cap) I used cotton candy (cap)
2 drops cognac (tastypuff)
EDIT * 1 drop of Almond Extract has rounded this one out much better.
Heat-steep for an hour for a quicktest. I haven't tried mine yet but it smells spot-on like a regular coffee with lots of Irish Creme... just the way I like it.

After however long it's been since I mixed this (lol) I gave it a try.. Tastes pretty good but weak on the coffee flavor itself.. Upped the coffee content to 10 drops.. will report in an hour.

Okay, so the recipe seems pretty solid at this point.. tastes more like a Frappuccino than anything tho... pretty damn good for a 2 hour heat steep with adustments. I'm going to air steep overnight and see if some of this waxy note goes away... it's the only thing I don't like about the flavor right now.. it's kind of like Kahlua and Cream meets McFrap... not bad at all.

EDIT: I had my daughter give the coffee juice a go. She liked the initial flavor but said the aftertaste was .... Kind of like a waxy soap like I was saying.. not a good review. She said maybe caramel would soften it up and blend it better. i didn't have any caramel but I do have pure almond extract so I put a drop of that in and she and I agree that it's much better. Kind of like Cappuccino meets Frappuccino while hanging out with Java. Oh, and another good thing to know about this one is that it seems to have no odor. You can 'just' smell it when it's blown in your general space, but it does not leave a lingering odor in the room. Interesting to know if you're trying to vape in public without offending anyone.

Last edited:

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
Seems like it might be a good thing you joined up here. From another forum?
Nope, no other forum.. I've had the inside track with my bro at Southwest Vape for the last 2 years and he's been giving me the low-down word of mouth style. The other day he told me about some new laws and regulations that led me to come looking for a community.. This was the first place I stopped. Looks like I hit the nail on the head and drove it in with one shot! :)

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
I just started playing with coffee flavors myself - sounds like your a little more advanced then me. I just got a kit from Nic Vape with coffee and cappuccino flavors along with the usual suspects, cream, honey, cinnamon, etc...

So far so good - but still trying to dial it in. But - at this point, Im getting way more coffee flavor then any retail juice I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
I just started playing with coffee flavors myself - sounds like your a little more advanced then me. I just got a kit from Nic Vape with coffee and cappuccino flavors along with the usual suspects, cream, honey, cinnamon, etc...

So far so good - but still trying to dial it in. But - at this point, Im getting way more coffee flavor then any retail juice I have tried.

Good for you.. notsomuch for me. Apparently baking extracts are way less potent than the flavoring products used specifically for vaping as my coffee taste is almost nonexistant with coffee being the heaviest flavor in the mix at 10 drops for 10 ml. Back to the drawing board on this one. How much coffee flavor did you use?

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
Next question what is a heat steep? And how hot?
I would think the alcohol in the coffee flavoring would evaporate.

Ok, a heat steep is simply putting some water in a glass and nuking it til it's just hotter than hand comfortable and put your fresh batch in there to 'soak' (bottle your new mix in a glass bottle if you have one and drop the bottle in the water, making sure no water gets IN the bottle.) and let the hot water slowly warm up your juice. As the heat rises, the viscosity will lower, allowing for a faster comingling of flavors. Your assumption on the alcohol in the coffee flavoring evaporating is spot on, which is why this coffee batch definitely needs an open top steep first, so the alcohol can go ahead and evaporate (HOLY CRAP, EPIPHANY!! When the alcohol evaporated out of my flavor, it reduced the flavor content by HALF!! there's like 48 percent alcohol in there.. STUPID STUPID STUPID! I'ma go fix that right now.. 20 drops, not 10.) and prevent any unwanted chem taste in the vape. Also, it's important, after I flamed my stovetop coil setup today, that you definitely don't want anything flammable in your eliquid anyway. :D That's probably a wise realization. lol.

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
Good for you.. notsomuch for me. Apparently baking extracts are way less potent than the flavoring products used specifically for vaping as my coffee taste is almost nonexistant with coffee being the heaviest flavor in the mix at 10 drops for 10 ml. Back to the drawing board on this one. How much coffee flavor did you use?

I am using a Nic Vape kit, so all flavors are from them and designed for vape juice mixing.

I use 10 percent total volume of flavoring

So for a 30 ML final volume blend, I used 3 ML of flavoring

First batch
1 ML - cappuccino flavor
1 ML - Coffee flavor
1 ML - Cream flavor

Turned out pretty good - nice potent coffee flavor, which I may reduce some for either more cream, or another flavor like french vanilla.

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
Try making your own coffee base. Then add small amounts of sweetner and cream as needed.

Step 1 - take a heaping tablespoon of your favorite ground coffee, and mix it with 30 ML of pure PG.
Step 2 - take that mixture, and hot steep on a double boiler for 20 minutes.
Step 3 - strain out the grounds - I used a coffee filter set into a regular mesh strainer.
Step 4 - Use solution at 10 percent in your typical vg/pg blend. I used 80/20 and it tastes exactly like my morning coffee.

If you like cinnamon in your coffee like I do, I added some into the coffee grounds just like I do when I make actual coffee, and it worked like a charm. I could not be happier about the flavor.

If you find the flavor is not strong enough, add more coffee to the PG extraction mixture or allow to steep longer (20 minutes worked perfect for me)

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
Try making your own coffee base. Then add small amounts of sweetner and cream as needed.

Step 1 - take a heaping tablespoon of your favorite ground coffee, and mix it with 30 ML of pure PG.
Step 2 - take that mixture, and hot steep on a double boiler for 20 minutes.
Step 3 - strain out the grounds - I used a coffee filter set into a regular mesh strainer.
Step 4 - Use solution at 10 percent in your typical vg/pg blend. I used 80/20 and it tastes exactly like my morning coffee.

If you like cinnamon in your coffee like I do, I added some into the coffee grounds just like I do when I make actual coffee, and it worked like a charm. I could not be happier about the flavor.

If you find the flavor is not strong enough, add more coffee to the PG extraction mixture or allow to steep longer (20 minutes worked perfect for me)

Interesting. I had not thought to try it that way.. I'm using Watkins pure coffee extract, but it's suspended in 48 percent alcohol so I have to use twice as much, as it turns out. :) I might do the coffee grounds way though if the taste is not right on this batch. Thanks for the idea!

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016
You know... I went back and grabbed that bottle of fail and tried it again today.. this morning to be specific.. and it was a pleasant surprise.. the 'fake' taste has gone away some.. I'm guessing the rest of the alcohol evaporated from the extract... the coffee and cream have blended in a little better and it's a nice light latte kind of flavor, bordering on cappuccino. A little butter and maybe butterscotch might put it in that category.. or maybe even a creme brulee if you added some caramel, which I have some of that flavor now so I may go for a brulee. I don't think it's great for an all day vape yet, but I'm going to take it with me anyway today and see how it goes. Funny thing about this mix is now it smells just like butterscotch schnapps in the bottle... tastes nothing like what it smells like.

CloudMutilator

Oct 1, 2016

Yeah, isn't that funny? I thought.. man, this coffee sucks.. better go get some store brand stuff and see what it's SUPPOSED to taste like.. I threw that junk away... :) made me feel LOADS better about my brew.. mine tastes WAAAAY more like coffee than whatever they had at Southwest Vape.. I'm guessing a Capella coffee flavor, since that's primarily what they use.. I even suggested some TPA and FA flavors and he was like 'no way... we only use capella's'.. for whatever reason I don't know but they refuse to even look at a bottle of LorAnn and don't care about any of the others that are popular. Either way, their coffee sucked and mine is better so I'm happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread