Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
You guys can drive over to Brad's and crack the whip then can't you!? lol
I guess you could both save on shipping time and cost when your mods are finished then couldn't ya?

Yep. I may actually end up working in a town only about 15 minutes form Brad's..........I smell a lunchtime road trip........

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
What have you got on order Elendil? I don't remember seeing you post what it was? A bottom feeder?

Brad is making me a VV unit (no feeder) with a native eGo connection for my tank attys. I wanted a vv unit that I could use the tank attys with without needing adapters to keep a nice sleek, integrated look.

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
so you sent him a ego so he can take it apart and use it? cool, cool.
you might be the first owner of a VV grip huh? I didn't know he had started production on them yet.

Yeah, I sent him a dead eGo batt I had laying around.

I'm not sure he absolutely has. I know he did say he was working it out. I told him that I did not mind being the test subject for it..........

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
stu....have you thought about just using a battery spacer? I found on one of my mods that my IMR high drain 18650 was too short for the spring but I took a very small magnet, (actually a replacement door magnet from another mod) put it onto the positive terminal of the battery and Viola!!!!!! there is a 2mm difference in safe chemistry batteries compared to protected li-ion batteries. Even though both are 18650's both should be 18mm in diameter, both should be 65mm in length, I found the PCB on the Li-Ion is about 2mm.
Hope that helps!!!

BTW....where abouts in MB are you? I just moved back to NY from MB last year, I was living on 67th Ave N between kings Highway and 17. Loved the area and the weather but missed the family up here.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
Stu,
I used to work at celebrity circle @ Broadway at the Beach over at the seafood Restaurant Landry's. I really did love it there, even if when I lived down there all that mess was just started with the banning of bike week and all that crap. I am thinking about planning a trip this late spring/ early summer to visit some friends. Man I used to love pool jumping in the wintertime at all the hotels. I remember this really nice hotel up on the north end that had a gigantic waterslide at it. Me and my buddies used to sneak in there all the time, tons of fun!!!

Did you wind up using a magnet on the end of the battery to get it to fit better? Or was I backward on what I thought your issue was? I thought you were saying that the battery was too short for the spring, not that the battery was too long and the spring wouldn't collapse down enough. I think I just confused myself a little even haha

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Stu,
I used to work at celebrity circle @ Broadway at the Beach over at the seafood Restaurant Landry's. I really did love it there, even if when I lived down there all that mess was just started with the banning of bike week and all that crap. I am thinking about planning a trip this late spring/ early summer to visit some friends. Man I used to love pool jumping in the wintertime at all the hotels. I remember this really nice hotel up on the north end that had a gigantic waterslide at it. Me and my buddies used to sneak in there all the time, tons of fun!!!

Did you wind up using a magnet on the end of the battery to get it to fit better? Or was I backward on what I thought your issue was? I thought you were saying that the battery was too short for the spring, not that the battery was too long and the spring wouldn't collapse down enough. I think I just confused myself a little even haha

No, ur right. Not that the batt is sort, it fit, I just wanted the spring to push the batt stiffer up top. NP with it, just me.. No spacer magnet needed. I will get a diff bat (AW) as the one I have isn't protected. It was all I could afford. The AW batt (protected) will fit tighter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread