switching to mech mods need a little advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cray Clay

Apr 28, 2015
of course you could go up to 1 ohm.

i've vaping 2.5 ohm 28 gauge on my rda right now.

but why do you say you will probably be using it at around 0.3 ohms on an rda in the first place? Are you currently using an rda at 0.3 ohms on a regulated mod?
Yes I am on a regulated mod been vaping for awhile now I usually go around 0.20 up to 0.70 ohms

mechanical mods are not dangerous.ignorance, arrogance and immaturity are dangerous. a good well maintained mechanical mod is safe and very reliable.regulated mods can auto fire and with a low resistance load this continuous firing can cause the battery to over heat.it can also cause the pass transistor to over heat and go into thermal runaway.this condition can cause the pass transistor to explode.from the reviews I have read on regulated mods they are not all that reliable. some have failed within the first 2 weeks.with regular cleaning my mechanical mods have given me safe and reliable service. I do test my coils before mounting them on my mod but this is standard safety practice with any mod.hybrid mods are dangerous because they will produce a hard short with any atty that has a recessed center pin.even the best available technology can not fix stupid. it is better to rely on knowledge and skill for your safety they will not fail like technology can and does at the most inconvenient times. my formal training is in electrical engineering and I have seen power structures explode and protective circuits fail. if you are too lazy to learn how to do a thing safely then don't do it at all unless you are competing for the Darwin award

Maurice, not sure what your point is. I have heard of mods of all types failing, mech included (internal shorts, switches fusing shut etc). Difference is with a mech you can be more exposed, there are fewer layers of protection. ALL mods can be dangerous especially for the stupid and the greedy (cheap is not always best). I have been vaping for 7 years and luckily have never in that time had a regulated mod fail electronically, only physically (buttons falling off etc). But then I check my coils with a meter, clean everything, make sure I've got good batteries etc, which was my primary original advice and I'm sure as an electrical engineer you'd agree.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Both a Mech Warrior and Variable Fan here. I always prefer AND to OR and consider anything less to be falsely and wrongfully limiting One's Self unnecessarily.
Both have their Strengths and Weaknesses as does most everything. Why we all have this inane inherent Compulsion to place subjective Non-Comparatives in a fraudulent self-defined Hierarchy then argue about the Merits & validity of our own personal Choices is as freaking hilarious as it is abjectly asinine.
But hey, that's just me. Feel free to differ. Honestly,,, please do. Makes for great Entertainment.

Anyways, Love my Mechs - Love my Variables.

Get Educated (not really that much and definitely not that hard or complicated), get a Mech, get proper Accoutrements, get practiced and familiar, develop good SOP & Routines, then enjoy the Hail out of 'em as I and many others do. Simple Concepts really. Once ya Learn them & Know them it ain't hard or dangerous to Live them.
IF One has valid or proven reason(s) to doubt their own Intellect, Common Sense, Corrigibility, Abilities, Aptitude, Attention to Detail, Yada Yada; then by all means please refrain.
Then again, if that is truly the Case, it logically follows One has a lot bigger Problems and Issues that need attention other than choosing an appropriate Mod for themselves. Might need to address those first and grab an Ego & some CE4's and just let the rest go and be Blissful.
As 20th Century Philosopher Eastwood said in his Cinematic Essay Magnum Force; "Man's GOT to know His Limitations" :thumb:

All the best to the OP in whatever they decide and here's to doing so Smartly and Safely :thumbs:
Enjoy & Vape On!

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Both a Mech Warrior and Variable Fan here. I always prefer AND to OR and consider anything less to be falsely and wrongfully limiting One's Self unnecessarily.
Both have their Strengths and Weaknesses as does most everything. Why we all have this inane inherent Compulsion to place subjective Non-Comparatives in a fraudulent self-defined Hierarchy then argue about the Merits & validity of our own personal Choices is as freaking hilarious as it is abjectly asinine.
But hey, that's just me. Feel free to differ. Honestly,,, please do. Makes for great Entertainment.

Anyways, Love my Mechs - Love my Variables.

Get Educated (not really that much and definitely not that hard or complicated), get a Mech, get proper Accoutrements, get practiced and familiar, develop good SOP & Routines, then enjoy the Hail out of 'em as I and many others do. Simple Concepts really. Once ya Learn them & Know them it ain't hard or dangerous to Live them.
IF One has valid or proven reason(s) to doubt their own Intellect, Common Sense, Corrigibility, Abilities, Aptitude, Attention to Detail, Yada Yada; then by all means please refrain.
Then again, if that is truly the Case, it logically follows One has a lot bigger Problems and Issues that need attention other than choosing an appropriate Mod for themselves. Might need to address those first and grab an Ego & some CE4's and just let the rest go and be Blissful.
As 20th Century Philosopher Eastwood said in his Cinematic Essay Magnum Force; "Man's GOT to know His Limitations" :thumb:

All the best to the OP in whatever they decide and here's to doing so Smartly and Safely :thumbs:
Enjoy & Vape On!

Post of the year...nominated :thumb:

Reactions: Hitcat44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread