Switching to vaping after Pneumothorax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I'm a regular smoker, but have been wanting to switch to vaping for quite some time now.
Anyway I just had a Pneumothorax and have been told by the doctors/nurses to obviously stop smoking. When I asked about e-cigarettes and vaping, they seemed pretty biased and immediately said "No we think it's just as bad as regular smoking".

Being a regular reader of this forum, I find that all highly unlikely :nah:

Why do vapes get such a bad reputation if the effects are still "unknown"?

Also, has anyone ever had any similar experience with a pneumothorax or general lung problem, that has made them switch to vaping? What has been your experience switching, do you feel things have improved?

Cheers :)

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Having lung disease I must be very careful what I vape. I DIY high PG liquids and stay away from many or too much flavouring. If I'm not careful I'll have an increase in difficulty breathing. If I try a new flavour that doesn't agree with me I can tell after vaping it for a while.
I'll back off and not vape it...much.
Or dilute it with pg to a more acceptable level.

I hate to say it but yes, some folks can be irritated from too much/any vapour. Probably only people with pre-existing conditions but never the less vapour can be detrimental to them. As with smoke I cannot remain in a room full of VG in the air. It becomes quite unpleasant rather quickly. Not nearly as bad as smoke mind you, but quite unpleasant.
Cheers.

Edit. Lung disease doesn't get better. No matter how much I vape. haha.
did I not smoke close to 45,000 cigs since starting vaping? YES.
Am I better off for not smoking all those cigs? Hey, I ain't no brain surgeon but I have to think...hell yes!

Last edited:

jakelinheret

Moved On
Apr 17, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread