ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
So I bought this tank with the intention of using on my new IPV5. From what I read and seen (some conflicting) about using temperature control. However this tank is completely underwhelming and not worth the purchase as of yet. Attempted TC mode and was greeted with the nice burning sensation of no temp protection (tested 400°+).

Switched to power mode with sx pure still selected. @35W tank was working decently no dry hits but undesirable to me in the least. Bumped @45W and it couldn't handle more then a few vapes before dry hit city (coil states up to 75W). Tested with 70/30 juice so this might be an issue although I would hope not.

Edit: Well slightly using @35W isn't all that bad and it at least works as intended

Last edited:
Reactions: subwayaznm

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I've only had mine a few days but so far I like it. I've been running it at 40W with no dry hits. I use 70PG/30VG. I have noticed if you don't close the air holes while filling it will leak out the holes. It will also leak if you overfill it. I'm looking forward to the YIHI SX Pure version. It's even better P4U version. Perry at Varitube says it the flavor is as good as dripping.

Reactions: subwayaznm

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I've only had mine a few days but so far I like it. I've been running it at 40W with no dry hits. I use 70PG/30VG. I have noticed if you don't close the air holes while filling it will leak out the holes. It will also leak if you overfill it. I'm looking forward to the YIHI SX Pure version. It's even better P4U version. Perry at Varitube says it the flavor is as good as dripping.
After using several top filling RTAs, always close the afc off :). I also was using the tank @40W but I kept tasting the encroaching dry hit so I backed off back to 35W. I wonder with all that wicking if it would affect negatively, in my case.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
After using several top filling RTAs, always close the afc off :). I also was using the tank @40W but I kept tasting the encroaching dry hit so I backed off back to 35W. I wonder with all that wicking if it would affect negatively, in my case.

You said you were using 70/30 juice is the PG/VG or VG/PG?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I wonder if it's the high VG why you're getting dry hits?
That's the only possibility I can think of this time as well. Even so it wicks and vapes just fine using only 35W. I'll sit it by the wayside until more information on this tank comes out. May just not be for me as that's the ratio I go for these days.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Well, I've used this tank for a few weeks and retired it today. The tank isn't for me because it's too airy. It's more suited for DLH and I'm a MTL vaper. Also after you fill the tank you can't lay it down for about a half hour after you fill it because juice will leak out the air slots. So I'm back to using my Crown until the new YIHI SX Pure comes out. I'm hoping it's tons better like Perry claims. :)

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Well, I've used this tank for a few weeks and retired it today. The tank isn't for me because it's too airy.

Yes, it is. I'm keeping the air flow as tight as possible, but still it's extremely airy.

So I'm back to using my Crown until the new YIHI SX Pure comes out. I'm hoping it's tons better like Perry claims. :)

Do you have some links about this new Sx pure?
I saw a couple of pictures in the SX Q thread, and by doing a search by image I ended up identifying this smaller tank as the IPV Pure X2N, which is apparently already available and should basically be a smaller version of the IPV PUre X2 (22mm diameter and 2 ml capacity).
Am I missing something here?

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yes, it is. I'm keeping the air flow as tight as possible, but still it's extremely airy.

Do you have some links about this new Sx pure?
I saw a couple of pictures in the SX Q thread, and by doing a search by image I ended up identifying this smaller tank as the IPV Pure X2N, which is apparently already available and should basically be a smaller version of the IPV PUre X2 (22mm diameter and 2 ml capacity).
Am I missing something here?

No I have any links on the SX Pure. The only info I've been reading is from the SX Mini Brotherhood on Facebook. Perry has been talking about it there. He say it's tons better than the X2. I'm hoping you can restrict the air flow down for mouth to lung hits. The YIHI SX Pure isn't the X2N. Here's a link to the FB group. You have to join to be able to read the messages. Log into Facebook | Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo zio

MarcoF

Apr 22, 2016
Hi
I got the ipv pure x2 (4ml version) two weeks ago.
In a few words: not so bad but not the best atom I tried.

Pro:
- easy and fast to rebuild (only change cotton)
- good vapour
- good flavor

Cons
- too much air flow... After 3 seconds vaping my lungs are totally full
- still firing for around 2 seconds after button released
- confused setup (first set joule mode, then sx pure material, then set again power mode...)

Used with sx mini ml class bbox

Bye
MarcoF

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

Shameless

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2015
Waterford, Mi
I am having issues with my IPV Pure X2 - so far I have went through 2 coils both lasted a little over a week at 60w (it's supposed to be able to go to 75w). I am using it on the sx mini - with the pure setting
I set it up like this
Went to the menu
changed to joule mode
selected the pure option
changed back to power mode
and vape it on 60w
and after about a week and a half - both coils started tasting burnt
the coil looks black on both coils

I change the cotton every day or two - because I like the clean taste

Anyone having the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.