SXmini Q Class Powered by YiHi SX450 chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
No, there won't be any silicone covers for the Q, at least according to an email response i just received from Yihi.

Think that is a mistake on their part. They might not have been as successful as the M and ML covers but they still would have sold to many of us but i guess they believe they will make more on extra doors.
Two different products, at least in my opinion. :(

Aftermarket manufactures might come up with something later on.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
At this point I would welcome an aftermarket manufacturer , preferably one here in the states where the QC may be better than China. I know the cost would be high but well worth it. At least for me.
I hope no one in this thread takes any offense but sitting around trying to stop my panel from rattling is not utilizing my time efficiently.
For some reason when it comes to defective , or less than perfect merchandise it's only the vape gear that gets a pass every time.
As I said early not trying to dump on Yihi but this is version 4.

Sent from my iPhone

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
At this point I would welcome an aftermarket manufacturer , preferably one here in the states where the QC may be better than China. I know the cost would be high but well worth it. At least for me.
I hope no one in this thread takes any offense but sitting around trying to stop my panel from rattling is not utilizing my time efficiently.
For some reason when it comes to defective , or less than perfect merchandise it's only the vape gear that gets a pass every time.

Sent from my iPhone
Hi Jake,

Have you considered exchanging it for one that doesn't rattle? If it bothered me, that's what I would do, unless they all basically rattle.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I just reread your post - Are you saying this is the 4th one you have had that all do the same thing?

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Hi Jake,

Have you considered exchanging it for one that doesn't rattle? If it bothered me, that's what I would do, unless they all basically rattle.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I just reread your post - Are you saying this is the 4th one you have had that all do the same thing?

Lol. No I was saying that Yihi has made 4 versions in the series of SX Mini's. The ML is the best of the lot.
I spoke with the vendor and they need a video so they can send it to Yihi. After that I may get a new set of doors.
It's not that important I have a dozen or so mods(as does every vapor) its disappointing to me and I don't enjoy spending money and having to go through hoops to deal with a problem.
I've seen you on a number of different threads so you know I'm not just a cranky vapor(Merlin thread).
I guess it's the let down after all the hype.
Maybe I'm just getting tired of chasing the Vape unicorn

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Lol. No I was saying that Yihi has made 4 versions in the series of SX Mini's. The ML is the best of the lot.
I spoke with the vendor and they need a video so they can send it to Yihi. After that I may get a new set of doors.
It's not that important I have a dozen or so mods(as does every vapor) its disappointing to me and I don't enjoy spending money and having to go through hoops to deal with a problem.
I've seen you on a number of different threads so you know I'm not just a cranky vapor(Merlin thread).
I guess it's the let down after all the hype.
Maybe I'm just getting tired of chasing the Vape unicorn

Sent from my iPhone
I hear you buddy. I didn't think you were being cranky by the way. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: Jake67

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
For some reason when it comes to defective , or less than perfect merchandise it's only the Vape gear that gets a pass every time.

Sent from my iPhone

Did you try the cellophane tape fix? It worked on mine.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Did you try the cellophane tape fix? It worked on mine.

I did something similar to that. I put a thin strip of black electrical tape down one side of the female post. I did both the top and bottom. Not rattling now. The tolerance is so slight yet so pronounced at the same time.
You pointed me in the right direction. Thank you for posting about it.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Hyperspace

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I think the real answer would be rubberized panels to put on it when you are out and about. I have 3 M's that I have Jwrapped but this paint is just too nice for that IMO.

I wouldn't wrap the panels on the Q. Just empty one of those pockets or buy cargo pants. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Or buy a fanny pack. :)

7605eedadef26ca27891cb2a690a71bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
the Q class broke after a week of use.

The mod won't fire. It reads the resistance of the coils correctly. The joules counter keeps increasing but the mod simply won't fire the coils.

The computer doesn't recognize the mod so theres no way for me to update the firmware.

Contacted Yihi directly. They say that since I used a coupon code with my mod (memorial day sale on a US website), my mod is not under warranty. I'm trying to convince them otherwise b/c I took the mod back to China and its a PIA to ship it back to the US.

Reactions: retird

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA

The mod won't fire. It reads the resistance of the coils correctly. The joules counter keeps increasing but the mod simply won't fire the coils.

The computer doesn't recognize the mod so theres no way for me to update the firmware.

Contacted Yihi directly. They say that since I used a coupon code with my mod (memorial day sale on a US website), my mod is not under warranty. I'm trying to convince them otherwise b/c I took the mod back to China and its a PIA to ship it back to the US.
See right there is the reason I won't buy one. Not that it broke (any mod can do that), it's the way they treat their customers. If it was a DNA200 Evolv would fix it whether you got a good deal or paid a full price.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: retird

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side

hum.... sad state of affairs.... warranty denied because of what you paid for the device ???.... yes, any electronics can fail but warranties and prices should not be manipulated like Yihi is doing. This says they could care less about the customer IMO.... A crappy warranty may be the norm for a cheap device but at 200 bucks this should not be the norm for any SX.... or any other manufactured @200 dollar mod.

Question for those who have SX..... does the warranty card specifically state the warranty is void if the full MSRP is not paid? I find no warranty information on Yihi's web site nor the SX Mini web site thus it is a mystery why they don't publish it....

Last edited:
Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

You have to manually install the USB driver in order for your computer to recognize your mod. http://www.yihisxmini.com/download/How-to-install-the-SXi-Q-driver-on-Win-10.pdf

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
See right there is the reason I won't buy one. Not that it broke (any mod can do that), it's the way they treat their customers. If it was a DNA200 Evolv would fix it whether you got a good deal or paid a full price.

Cheers,
Steve
That's why I only deal with Varitube. Perry stands behind his products.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
That's why I only deal with Varitube. Perry stands behind his products.
Yeah but don't you basically have to pay full price from them? What I'm saying is if I find a killer deal on a DNA200, Evolv doesn't care, they fix it. I think if Yihi wants to penalize someone it should be the vendor not their customer. They know who they sold it too by the serial number even if it was a back door deal. IMO That's no way to treat your customers unless you want them to be ex-customers.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: ShowerHead

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yeah but don't you basically have to pay full price from them? What I'm saying is if I find a killer deal on a DNA200, Evolv doesn't care, they fix it. I think if Yihi wants to penalize someone it should be the vendor not their customer. They know who they sold it too by the serial number even if it was a back door deal. IMO That's no way to treat your customers unless you want them to be ex-customers.

Cheers,
Steve
That is correct but he says on the website as long as it is within the warranty period he will replace it kind of worth it. With the DNA don't you have to remove the board yourself? Never happen on an SX I think they locktite the screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread