Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
You posted this in another thread.
I never smoked but I just started using vapors I like them but I don't want to end up getting cancer or anything or worse damage to your body/lungs/skin is this true for vapors or only for smokers?
Why are you using nicotine if you never smoked?

Vomiting is a sign of nicotine poisoning, especially in someone who has never smoked. Lay off vaping until you can get some MUCH LOWER nicotine eliquid or no nicotine juice.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
That is some VERY potent juice you have there. PG dehydrates me terribly as well. Never got sick, but certainly had to sit down a minute or two after hitting 24 mg nicotine hard in a low ohm tank.

I would suggest 18 mg if you were a heavy smoker, but not in a low resistance coil at high wattage. You done got yur-self nic-sick, it should dissipate quickly, usually within 15-30 minutes, for me anyway.

Reactions: mauricem00

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador

Vomiting is a sign of nicotine poisoning, especially in someone who has never smoked.

Oh wow Susan...I didn't know the OP was a non-smoker...good Lord...!

Unbelievable....!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello,

I recently went from 18MG 50PG/50VG to the next level of 25MG but instead of 50PG/50VG I went to 70PG/30VG and boy I notices a difference first I get dehydrated then I start vomiting. Why is this and will these symptoms last or is it just for a few days then once my body get's use to it will either die down or go away gradually?

Dehydrated? From increasing your nic concentration and switching from 50 to 70% PG? Highly unlikely. This whole dehydration thing from vaping is a bit of a myth. PG and VG will dry your mouth and lips, but will not dehydrate your body. Vomiting will dehydrate you, though. Have a glass of water.

Anyway, if you never smoked before, switch to 0mg juices--this should take care of the vomiting... :facepalm:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
This whole dehydration thing from vaping is a bit of a myth.
Not really it's science, it doesn't necessarily dehydrate you it just makes being dehydrated more noticeable..

Vegetable glycerin is also a moisturizer it works by pulling moisture from the surrounding tissue, if there isn't anything to pull it will make you feel more dried out than you would have if you weren't coming into contact with it.

Reactions: inspects

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Dehydrated? From increasing your nic concentration and switching from 50 to 70% PG? Highly unlikely. This whole dehydration thing from vaping is a bit of a myth. PG and VG will dry your mouth and lips, but will not dehydrate your body. Vomiting will dehydrate you, though. Have a glass of water.

Anyway, if you never smoked before, switch to 0mg juices--this should take care of the vomiting... :facepalm:

Indeed, high PG makes my mouth feel like it was left wide open while laying on my back in the Phoenix sun during mid July.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Indeed, high PG makes my mouth feel like it was left wide open while laying on my back in the Phoenix sun during mid July.

Right. Since PG and VG are both hygroscopic, they will draw out moisture from the mucous membranes they come in contact with. I found that using Biotene mouthwash helps a lot with dry mouth. Or using lozenges or chewing gum. Drinking excessive amounts of water, often recommended here, never helped me, and it can be harmful. Staying properly hydrated is key.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Just to try since i was use to 18mg wanted to know what 24mg would be like and now i know its unsafe for me. Too bad the retailer will not offer exchange since i purchased 4 bottles different flavors but all 24mg with 70pg/30vg

You can dilute them. But some 0 nicotine eliquid (same flavor) and cut your 24mg juice to desired strength. You could also dilute them with some VG or PG, but you'll be diluting the flavor, also.

Reactions: inspects

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

Vomiting is a sign of nicotine poisoning, especially in someone who has never smoked. Lay off vaping until you can get some MUCH LOWER nicotine eliquid or no nicotine juice.

Good catch... I remember responding to that thread with a zest of sarcasm. Now I wonder why most try to drop down the nic levels, but the " I never smoked before" op aims at raising it at max levels.... It makes no sense.

Reactions: Falconeer

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Right. Since PG and VG are both hygroscopic, they will draw out moisture from the mucous membranes they come in contact with. I found that using Biotene mouthwash helps a lot with dry mouth. Or using lozenges or chewing gum. Drinking excessive amounts of water, often recommended here, never helped me, and it can be harmful. Staying properly hydrated is key.

High VG jooce and gum do the trick.....:)

Your correct, Kat...water doesn't work well, but in moderation it's great. Should see the water consumption here in the summer, when it's 115+-......:w00t:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That sounds more like symptoms of nicotine poisoning than symptoms of vaping to me. Trust me, OP: if you're not trying to quit smoking, for the love of Pete, stay away from nicotine. It is a miserable addiction. I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread