Syringe trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I had problems with syringes for a while. The thin shiny film which covers the rubber plunger comes off when it comes into contact with water (when washed). When that happens the plunger will no longer slide and the rubber bit keeps getting pulled off. Also the measurement markings come off when washed too. My solution was to cover the outside in clear sticky tape and never wash the syringe in water. I just slide the plunger rapidly in and out a few times just to remove any residual liquid left behind. After that i just put it back in the little plastic baggy i keep it in.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Some flavors are like that. Some chemical in the flavoring does not react well with the plastic barrel or the rubber plunger. I have a TFA granny smith apple that binds up syringes. If I wash them out right away after use, store with the plunger out, and 'lubricate' the plunger with some VG before sucking up those particular flavorings, it helps keep them working longer.
I have the same problem with tobacco absolute, TA. It's like this flavor/additive shas no lubricating qualities. Pre lub with VG may be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread