T-Dux 4.0 going through coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicemanorama

Jan 18, 2010
Florida
Hello all. I joined several years ago but didn't fall in love with the vape options at the time. I came back to it a couple months ago, using the ProVari mod and a t-dux 4 tank. I've gone through ten 2.0 coils in two months since they tend to either lose all flavor or, worse, produce a burnt taste after a few days. The vapor production stays pretty good throughout, though. I read somewhere about soaking them in alcohol over night, which I've tried with minimal success. I've been using 70/30 juice and have experimented between 3.5 up to 5 volts.

Is that to be expected with these coils? Is there a better cleaning method? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Welcome to the forum dicemanorama. That I know those coil heads are like a cartomizer material inside and cannot be cleaned by a dry burn like those made from silica. I know people used to boil their cartos but I am not sure that would work with these heads either.

Apart from the alcohol soak (maybe try everclear as it's a strong PGA) I don't know of many other ways to clean those coils to the point where they are reusable.

Hopefully someone who has successfully done something with them will come along. Goodluck.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
Id keep things on the low end Voltage wise. I find they dont do well over 7 or 8 watts. I vape mine with a 2.4 ohm single coil or 1.5 ohm dual coil. I tend to vape them at 3.7 to 4 volts and have never had issues with them other than gurgling or occasional leakage with the long slots. I let my coils soak in alcohol overnight and it has always worked well.

Last edited:

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
your welcome! Several weeks usually. what juice specifically are you using? could it be something in the flavoring gunking the coil up? what does the coil itself look like when it starts to get that burnt taste? also, do you get the ocassional burnt tasting hit that goes away?

Last edited:

dicemanorama

Jan 18, 2010
Florida
I think it may be the Cinnamon Fireball I've been using. It's some custom blend made at a local shop. The top coil will get a clump of burnt crud on it that will mostly flake off after the alcohol soak. I'm going to stay away from it for a while and see if a lighter juice makes a difference. I usually draw through it once or twice before firing it up so I don't usually get any burnt hits until the coil is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread