Tackle boxes and other types for storage

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by NatureBoy, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Ventura, CA
    I just ordered a Plano 4700. Has adjustable dividers, and two layers. Got it for $7.99 with $5.75 overnight shipping (they're in CA). I can finally clean up and organize my desk already! :)

Anyhoo, this is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Post what what you use to store your stuff!

2. Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 7, 2009
    jp(APO)Camp Z us
    nice.. what kind of mod is that, the orange/green PV in your case :D

here is a small taste of what I have

[​IMG]

3. Lightgeoduck
    This message by Lightgeoduck has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 18, 2010, Reason: doh... double post :P.
    Mar 18, 2010
  4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Ventura, CA
    lol, I'll post a proper pic of it once I get it and stuff all my goodies into it. :p

you've got quite a bit goin on there, i like the idea of having a separate case for the batteries/mods. i'll have to grab another lil somethin for mine.

5. Peg0325

Peg0325 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    Western PA
    What a great idea! I've got a big mess going, all over my computer desk!

6. _TJ_

_TJ_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
    SE Ohio in the sticks
    I got that case too LGD, but mine's red. It's great and all, but I wish it could be bigger. Got mine for 22 @ Amazon.
    I also got the caselogic usb drive case(outgrew that one fast), and the caselogic diabetic "Chuck" case, too. A couple of 3.5" notecard plastic things. Some other things... ... :)
    I have 2 Plano cases(stowaway something:p), with like 2-2.5" deep compartments. They're awesome, but I'd rather use tackle boxes for my stuff. Probably will pick up a larger Plano one sometime, but my current ones work just fine.

7. MastiffMike

MastiffMike The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Dogville Estate
    LGD, I've been using that same case for awhile now and it ROCKS! So much so I've got 3 of them (1 for juice, one for e-cig parts, and one for mod parts). I got my first at Menards (home improvement store) and then picked up the other 2 at walmart (they even sell the pullout "trays" seperately with different color clasps so you can color code!)

I paid about $15 each and IMHO they can't be beat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. thaitee

thaitee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2010
    AZ
    Since I don't have as many as you guys. I am kinda new. But I wanted something that would blend in even if it was sitting in the corner of my kitchen.
    I had a cute faux leather black carrying case that stored makeup from Ulta. It has 4 pull out trays,and when it opens is 3 tiers. Took out all the makeup and the trays are deep enough to store my bottles of e liquid, Lorans oil, and assorted 901 and 510 parts. The elastic on the side held useless brushes and applicators that I got rid of and in their place I store paperclips,a syringe, eye droppers and tweezers. The bottom part of the tray is the deepest and that holds mini funnels,little medicine cups I use to measure and mix and empty bottles. When it all folds up, I can carry it anywhere!

9. Mr. Mom

Mr. Mom Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2010
    ATL
    Here's my temporary storage. I like the tackle box idea. :)

[​IMG]

10. geekgirl

geekgirl Full Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Central Cali
    Wow... you guys are stocked!! I haven't bought a case yet, but I bought a black large index card case to keep juice in. I heard it stays fresher when not exposed to light.... oh and refrigerated.... does that work?

I've already spent a grip on this whole e-smoking endeavor! (but I want more... dammnit!)

11. MastiffMike

Aug 9, 2009
    Dogville Estate
    The cases I use are fairly opaque but I do keep my juice case inside a file cabinet (locked cause I've got kids and am paranoid!). I don't refer. mine and have not had any problems (though maybe if I was more concerned with self life I would).

Take it from me though, this "hobby" can get spendy so you're best off doing your homework b4 all purchases so that you minimize the stuff you buy but will never use.

12. Raven_Blackblade

Raven_Blackblade Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Kent, Washington
    This is what holds my supplies at this time.

Attached Files:

• Safe.jpg
      Safe.jpg
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
    • All.jpg
      All.jpg
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  13. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    walmart has some great (cheap) boxes for storing and carrying. Check the craft aisle, toolboxes, paint section, and fishing, as well as home goods. The prices are all varied. I just picked up a small toolbox (for my liquids) it's solid gray (I think) and cost 4 bucks. The craft section is probably the most expensive... and I think the toolboxes were the cheapest (I price check EVERYTHING).
    You can also hit garage sales, and flea markets for even cheaper. I got one of those sectional inserts (for inside of a drawer) and paid 50 cents!

14. _TJ_

_TJ_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
    SE Ohio in the sticks
    The fishing section will probably have this, I saw it there yesterday for $15, Amazon has it for $22. I got it and although a little small, it's great.

15. candre23

candre23 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    NJ
    I got one of these at Walmart for about $9. It's excellent for a travel case, but I think I need something bigger with more compartments like a tackle box for at home. I've already got too much stuff to fit in that insulin case, let alone keep it organized.

16. woodman

woodman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2010
    USA midwest
    Same here. I like the idea of older (?) tackle box style that folds back when open so everything is in view.....as long as it doesnt tip over from the weight.:rolleyes:

Bottom part of box prefer big enough to store liquids upright and just cardboard boxes so it doesnt tip when traveling. I need to go shopping for a box soon.

17. candre23

candre23 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    NJ
    I just picked up the same $15 Plano tackle box from walmart that a few others have already mentioned, and it is just about perfect. It's smaller than it looks in the pics, but there's still room for a ton of stuff.

Attached Files:

• box.jpg
      box.jpg
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
  18. AJMoore

AJMoore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
    OK, there's a kinda "shrine" motif going on here, don't you think?

19. qdilla

qdilla Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    the windy city
    I need to upgrade lol.

20. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 24, 2009
    Nashville, Indiana USA
    I like to store my ejuice vertical, light proof, and air tight.

I use a series of Pelican cases for different sizes bottles...1050, 1020, 1010, 1040,1120. I put some of the 30ml in 1040's and store with the case on it's side. The 3, 5, and 10ml in the others.

I did pick up a Light Red Sterilite brand case from WalMart a couple days ago that will hold 15 of the tall glass Halo and TW bottles with droppers. It is 6"Wx5"Lx7"T (2.5qt latch) and cost only $2.50.

Perhaps this is a little overkill and comes from using photochemicals for several decades that deteriorate quickly with exposure to air and create a huge mess if laid on their side and should happen to leak.

If there is a flood and the water flows towards you from Indiana, look for a woman floating and vaping on a bunch of tied together Pelican cases...it will be me. :D

21. MastiffMike

Aug 9, 2009
    Dogville Estate
    Yep, those are great! I liked my first one so much I bought 2 more (1 for juice, 1 for e-cigs, and 1 for mod parts)! The case does a pretty good job of blocking light but for safety sake I keep the juice one in a locked file cabinet (I've got kids and dogs!). Also, the drawers come with different color "latches" so that helps color code what's in each drawer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.