Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Do you have any other rta's that are as good as the Hussar in your opinion?
Squape X , Squape R ,
Hussar, Skyline,
Vapor giant V4 mini ,
Taifun GTv3, Taifun GTv3 mini, Cloud one RTA, are my use daily hopefully getting Squape E motion soon but got a few things to buy for PC first,
Wouldn't mind trying
unfollow V2 RTA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Kirbys117

Oct 16, 2016
Squape X , Squape R ,
Hussar, Skyline,
Vapor giant V4 mini ,
Taifun GTv3, Taifun GTv3 mini, Cloud one RTA, are my use daily hopefully getting Squape E motion soon but got a few things to buy for PC first,
Wouldn't mind trying
unfollow V2 RTA

I want to get either the squape e or gt3 just cant decide. I want to upgrade my gpu just waiting for the prices to go back to normal again.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I want to get either the squape e or gt3 just cant decide. I want to upgrade my gpu just waiting for the prices to go back to normal again.
Lol i know prices just shot up for no reason my GPU shot up 70£ all parts increased as i was building ,

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Not tried the Squape E motion yet so cannot compare it to anything , Im expecting it to be same as the Squape R.
infact i have it pre ordered when back in stock.
For the 4.5ml version from outside the UK .
can't be bothering with max 2ml cap that the UK shops have,

Kirbys117

Oct 16, 2016
Not tried the Squape E motion yet so cannot compare it to anything , Im expecting it to be same as the Squape R.
infact i have it pre ordered when back in stock.
For the 4.5ml version from outside the UK .
can't be bothering with max 2ml cap that the UK shops have,

Crypto mining is a pain.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Crypto mining is a pain.
The new amd 64 gpu is supposed to be great at that 4x faster than 1080ti for bitcoin
I dont bother got it for gaming on just recently built this one ,
Awaiting my 27" 2k 144hz Gsync monitor from dell to arrive , thinking of replacing 3 x 140mm fans for Crosair ML 140s RGB , 2 for X61 one for exhaust , wanted to front mount rad for push pull but wouldnt have any HDD bays if i did , so will see
68a17d2dfa8099d69738dbf1a2ee82ad.jpg
a4dd487fa8b27d4442d9265953d66338.jpg

Reactions: anavidfan

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Phew! FINALLY found my threads I follow. Around this time last year my mom passed giving me the ability to own my childhood home in Burbank CA. A year of packing and selling my Georgia home and FINALLY I am here. Actually drove across the country with my dog and two cats. The adventures were Endless!
My Taifun 3 and Aromamizer made the trip fine but need one more. (Do not feel like myself without 3 rigs at my disposal.) Suggestions please.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Phew! FINALLY found my threads I follow. Around this time last year my mom passed giving me the ability to own my childhood home in Burbank CA. A year of packing and selling my Georgia home and FINALLY I am here. Actually drove across the country with my dog and two cats. The adventures were Endless!
My Taifun 3 and Aromamizer made the trip fine but need one more. (Do not feel like myself without 3 rigs at my disposal.) Suggestions please.

Congrats on the new home! Sorry to hear about your Mom passing. Mine's 88 and still in good shape for her age, but we all have to go one day.

Get ready for Burbank and California taxation! I hear it's an expensive place to live compared to Ga.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016

Theres a single coil deck coming this month for Supreme v2 /V1 RTA making it a 3 deck tank so a good few options on one tank also a larger 8ml Capacity tank too,

Been really enjoying the Taifun GTv3 an mini Recently
But one RTA i have not put down sunce i got it has been the Cloudone V3 RTA restricted DTL easy build simple wicking only neg is the 2 small refilling holes but if use a small tipped unicorn bottle its not a problem think i will pick up a second one.
The Crius V2 RTA single coil deck also looks interesting,

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
Hi,

I got a Taifun GT III clone a while back (not the mini, it was the 20$ one on FT) , tried it and didn't like it very much at first because it leaked and every time I tried to unscrew some part I get another part unscrewed with it so I shelved it.

Then a few weeks back I started playing with it again, I got the hang of the moving parts, the first time it was a 3mm ID coil which leaked bad (I think the coil was too close to the airflow hole).

Then I made a 2.5 ID coil and that one didn't leak at all. But after a while I get flooding. It maybe because I'm using the smallest airflow hole which creates more vacuum inside the tank, even with the JFC closed to half of one opening I get that flooding after half a tank.

Another thing is that after a while I get a gurgly sound, so I unscrew the bottom catch cup, and I find some liquid there, it’s more than normal condensation which leads me to believe the tanks leaks a bit, anyway I clean it and that gurgly sound goes away.

The question is, is there some consensus about building the Taifun GT III? Any tips about building? A lot of cotton or less cotton? Inner diameter?

Thanks.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Theres a single coil deck coming this month for Supreme v2 /V1 RTA making it a 3 deck tank so a good few options on one tank also a larger 8ml Capacity tank too,

Been really enjoying the Taifun GTv3 an mini Recently
But one RTA i have not put down sunce i got it has been the Cloudone V3 RTA restricted DTL easy build simple wicking only neg is the 2 small refilling holes but if use a small tipped unicorn bottle its not a problem think i will pick up a second one.
The Crius V2 RTA single coil deck also looks interesting,

thanks. I did order another Taifun gt3 from 3F and it should be here any day. I also ordered two more Aromamizers. I am set. I did check out the Crius. Looks like it is made by OBS? I generally stick with what I know and love so there is not much learning involved.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Aside from losing a tank I also lost two mods. At once. I would charge my batteries and put them in the mod and it would light up 'dead battery'. Happening with two. A Kanger one from my vape stash and my Wismec 2/3. I was close to buying new batteries even though mine are not old and I have married sets for each. Had them all picked out at Ilumn and something kept me from pulling the trigger.
Instead I got some new mods (out of vapeapolcalypse stash) and put batteries in them and VOILA works fine. So I spent the day yesterday wondering how two mods could go bad like this at once?? Never the less I am carrying on with a new Kooper and a new VTC. Up and running and glad it is solved. THEN-this morning my Hexohm will not allow sled door to close because it appears the battery housing is coming apart. I put it aside to mail off and get another Hex out of vapeapocalypse stash and it will not accept my batteries. Too tight a fit and the sled door will not close.
WHAT IS GOING ON???
I just want working gear :(

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
@chanelvaps , is it when you press the fire button that the voltage drop appears? If so try cleaning the contacts of the batteries and sled contacts with a Q tip and alcohol and then dry paper towel.
This is assuming that the batteries worked OK in another mod.

Reactions: xXxelis_prxXx

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
@chanelvaps , is it when you press the fire button that the voltage drop appears? If so try cleaning the contacts of the batteries and sled contacts with a Q tip and alcohol and then dry paper towel.
This is assuming that the batteries worked OK in another mod.
Yes it is when pressing the fire buttons that it immediately shows no battery power. I will try that. Luckily they are still sitting here on my desk and not in the trash yet.
Thanks

Reactions: dwcraig1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread