Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The bubble one
its a Skyline rta ,
with an aspire cleito 22mm bubble glass installed,
gives it a 5.5ml capacity as well as the Unusual fish bowl look ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Sounds more like a MTL. Or a bunch of nonsense with air discs?
Will that glass fit on anything else?

Last edited:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I received one of those $20 GT3 clones and got constant leaking. Removed the bottom cup and it had some liquid. Put the rta aside and later watched a video on the assembly of the GT3. I noticed that there was an o-ring on the shaft inside that cup that mine was missing. I found one in the set provided that looked about right and put it on the shaft. Closed the cup and that was the end of my leaking problems. I think the factory just forgot that o-ring during assembly. I have used my GT3 for months and not had a single leak after that discovery.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
I received one of those $20 GT3 clones and got constant leaking. Removed the bottom cup and it had some liquid. Put the rta aside and later watched a video on the assembly of the GT3. I noticed that there was an o-ring on the shaft inside that cup that mine was missing. I found one in the set provided that looked about right and put it on the shaft. Closed the cup and that was the end of my leaking problems. I think the factory just forgot that o-ring during assembly. I have used my GT3 for months and not had a single leak after that discovery.

Which o-ring are your refering to Chodi?
Here is the manual:
http://shop.smokerstore.de/pdf/Taifun_GT_III_User_Manual.pdf
Parts starts at page 13.
Which number is the o-ring that was missing?

I'm having a similar issue with my GT3 detailed in the previous page.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Which o-ring are your refering to Chodi?
Here is the manual:
http://shop.smokerstore.de/pdf/Taifun_GT_III_User_Manual.pdf
Parts starts at page 13.
Which number is the o-ring that was missing?

I'm having a similar issue with my GT3 detailed in the previous page.
Most likely the 5 x 1.5 mm one on the 510 insulator. (#8)
The clones are shipping with a smaller one, about 5 x 1 mm.
15036683_1355589604465260_4058442092767471786_n.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Sounds more like a MTL. Or a bunch of nonsense with air discs?
Will that glass fit on anything else?
If its 22mm tank with 26 mm length chimney chamber maybe ,

I actually like it ive 2 skyine RTA setup one without an air disk one with
Im not using it setup for mtl more a restricted DTL type,
But its possible for all types, simple to close off top fill open up vape ,
but so is the Cloudone V3

Its nearly as good as the Fev V4 on Flavours

I tend to like the in-between type like restriced DTL not too airy not to tight

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Thanks for reply.

The o-ring was indeed smaller. But when I put a 5x1.5 mm o-ring the base won't screw all the way to deck.
So I used a 3x1.5 mm o-ring which makes a better seal than the 5x1 mm but still screws all the way in.
Any tips on building? I.D. of coil, the amount of cotton, etc.?
Ive had good results with 26g ss wire 3mm id
6-7 wraps spaced stretched out then pressed back for even spacing ,

Also 26g core 32g claptons 3mm id

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
Thank you for the reply.

I still can't prevent the liquid pooling in the base. It may be normal condensation or maybe something wrong with my build.Or maybe I'm creating an extra vacuum inside the tank with using the smallest air hole. But I don't think it's condensation since it only happens after half a tank.

Here is the current build, SS316L 26 guage, ID 3mm, 7 wraps spaced with organic Japanese cotton.
Also, I have airflow reducer installed with an ID of 1.5mm. Airflow ring is always at the smallest hole.

mlndEtI.jpg

fY2spe2.jpg

bJL1V3b.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Still a noob, but the GT3 is my fave RTA rite now... love that it's single coil. With the capacity it lasts all day for me. I've been using some fused claptons that came with some other kit (32/28g I think) ... anyone know what I'm doing wrong because I get a lot of spitback with this otherwise amazing RTA. I'm assuming it's my wicking ...
Spit back can be tight wrapped coils or tightish packed wicking or too much free juice getting to the deck,
Spaced builds tend to work well for me with nice secure but not tight wicking ,

Other poster

I dont get the condensation or such if i did i would check the wicking around juice holes entering the deck area maybe add a little extra small fluffy bits of cotton to help mop it up an slow the flow ,also try closing down juice flow a bit at a time , wide open can lead to a bit of a mess when wicked for optimal clouds , also try keep toking after releasing the fire button or releasing a little eariler , sometimes if you dont draw our all the condensed vaper it can run back down pooling a little in the bottom ,

But Extra wick
Closing Slightly jfc
And releasing power earlier can help avoid the problems your having [emoji106]

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
Bought Taifun GT 2 couple of months back, knowing full well the 3 was out. I had some feedback that the 2 is better in terms of MTL vaping and I have to say since I have purchased it I have loved every bit of it. It is smooth flavourful vape on all airflow options. I honestly never had a tank like that. No dry hits, not burn coils /unless the coil needs changing of course/ and the smoothness is something else.

I ordered a Kayfun Prime too see how it compares, ofc I am sure it will be a lot more of a tighter draw...but the Taifun GT 2 has certainly impressed me.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Hi, been trying to get a different kit for my taifun gt3 mini. Any ideas where to get one?
Look on German and French sites offical resellers, theres a mini tank kit thats diffrent to orignal metal tank cage , then theres the nice steam tuners tank kit in video below

Reactions: TrollDragon

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Although my TGT 3 is still my daily ADV and my Aromamizers are a top fav I have recently found a tank that also has awesome flavor and vapor production. It is not a rebuildable and I usually do not pay much attention to tanks that are not. The Tobeco is the first tank with drop in coils that I have given a second chance. Had a mini and bought the 25mm for black Friday.

Reactions: dwcraig1

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
I feel very silly :(

Needing to purchase some replacement orings for my TGT3 clones, found dwcraig's list - and his recommended sites (orings and more and oring store) and when I search for the sizes (ex. 17mm x 1mm size) nothing comes up, and those websites are INSANELY hard to navigate. Yes, I can not handle navigating those websites to purchase a list of orings. Anybody wanna point me in the right direction?

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
This is a great kit for the GT3
It is bit expensive , but dam looks sexy i have one similar on the Hussar RTA, now , will be picking one for GTV3 an possibly one for Fev RTA too, not as if i vape Cinnamon tank cracker juices , although am particularly fond of lemon Tart mix , so glass only for that juice,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread