• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

take ecig in hand luggage or checcked in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I would carry it on, that way if it gets their attention, at least you can explain it to them. Liquids need to go in your ziplock. When I've flown, I tried to limit what I took with me to essentials. Last time, I had a Kanger T3 clearomizer wrapped in saran wrap to avoid leaks, and placed in my ziplock (because it was liquid). The screener stopped and was looking at it carefully, so I said "It's an electronic cigarette". He said he'd never seen one that big and off I went. I'm thinking if he'd never seen anything as big as a Kanger T3 (no battery, just the clearo), they're still not seeing much of this stuff. A big honking mod battery and giant rebuildable might just get their attention!

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
As i said in another post in this forum, bringing in personal supply can be done; or so i've heard ;).

Things you can do that might help you stay under the radar:
1. Try to take things apart (disassemble tanks from batteries, and even break my atomizers down to pieces). There is an off chance that when coming in to the country that you may have your luggage scanned through the x-ray and i prefer not to have any obvious looking things show up if it is scanned. Pack items in various places around your bag.
2. Separate things and put your liquid bottle in with your other toiletry bottles such as shampoo etc. for example a toliletry bag loaded with e-juice then throw some toothpaste, tooth brush and shampoo bottle in the bag.
3. Definitely try to minimize items which are still packaged or labeled.

The reality is that there is a small chance than they randomly x-ray your bag as you exit the international arrivals hall. And if they do, the techniques above will minimize the chance that they would ask you to open your bag. Then even if they open your bag its unlikely that anyone would know what is in there if you do these things as well. The legality of e-cigarettes in Thailand is some what vague and you'd be better not to draw any attention to anything you are carrying with you, it could be confiscated or worse. if all else fails and your outed, plead ignorance and let them confiscate it. ;) NOTE: i have never heard of any one being outed.

The biggest issue with e-cigs in your carry on luggage is the airport security. I would say anything you carry with you should comply with normal rules. I never carry tanks. I normally remove the batteries from my mods and tell the security that they are power supplies and the batteries are in my checked luggage. the only thing operational that i normally have in my carry-on are my original Halo ego style batteries with a couple of loaded cartomizers, and to this point this has not been a problem (when travelling through Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, and Thailand). The reason i took my mods (APV not mech mods) in my carry on was because i didn't want them to get damaged (by temperature, shock, etc.) in my checked luggage.

Ironically, the last time i traveled i had the my zippo insert confiscated at security (they let me keep the exterior part which was good because it was a really cool finish (black crackle)). But on the positive side of things, now that i'm basically 100% converted over to vaping i don't really miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread