Taking batteries from charger early

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I looked around a little and kind of think know my answer is not to but would like to understand it from a scientific perspective. So can I take my batteries off the charger when they read 4.1 instead of waiting til 4.2? I know it's probably better to wait but I just want an explanation as to why (batteries for a regulated mod). Thanks.

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
as you did ask "from a scientific aspect"... (but still I'll explain in a simple fashion)

basically the chemistry of any battery is so that while charging, the chemicals inside the battery can take it a certain amount of power as the power is passing through it... as it nears being 100% full, the "charged" area inside the battery are only left with a few small particles that aren't fully charged, so at the end of the charging process, the current of any decent charger will push a much smaller charge to "reach" any of these "missed" areas, like a "slow cooker" to cook every bit of the meat so that it's cooked equally throughout.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
as you did ask "from a scientific aspect"... (but still I'll explain in a simple fashion)

basically the chemistry of any battery is so that while charging, the chemicals inside the battery can take it a certain amount of power as the power is passing through it... as it nears being 100% full, the "charged" area inside the battery are only left with a few small particles that aren't fully charged, so at the end of the charging process, the current of any decent charger will push a much smaller charge to "reach" any of these "missed" areas, like a "slow cooker" to cook every bit of the meat so that it's cooked equally throughout.
Thanks for that information. That now explains why my Efest charger shows 4.2 after a (basically) full charge but then won't finish for another 5-10 minutes and the arrow above the place where it says 4.2 will keep blinking til it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread