Tank completely drains at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Wellington

Apr 14, 2017
So I looked and I can't find anything on this, but I've recently been having a problem with my tanks and I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Ill be happy as can be puffing away and ill set my cape down to take a quick break... But recently when I pick it back up the tank just randomly spills and completely drains out the air holes. There is no leaking before I pick it up, nothing on the table, none on the mod, but it all seems to just get sucked out after it moves. What am I doing wrong. I've never had this problem before.

*tanks are smok TFV 8 and TFV 12*

Reactions: Opinionated

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Okay, when you vape, do you vape long enough at a session to warm the juice in the tank? Does it leak regardless of if you rest it upright or on it's side? Have you checked all connection an o-rings? Does it leak at any level or, only after empty below a certain point? Does it leak equally if juice is cool or warm?

Reactions: Tonee N

Luke Wellington

Apr 14, 2017
Okay, when you vape, do you vape long enough at a session to warm the juice in the tank? Does it leak regardless of if you rest it upright or on it's side? Have you checked all connection an o-rings? Does it leak at any level or, only after empty below a certain point? Does it leak equally if juice is cool or warm?
Yes the juice warms. It doesn't leak at all normally dispite orientation. O rings are new it leaks just below the half way mark, But only sometimes. And It leaks only when it's cool as far as I know because it all comes out at once after sitting for an hour or so

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Yea it's happened with 3 lol. I'm starting to think I'm crazy but I've been vaping 6 months and this only just started to happen
Vape faster then it won't notice it.[emoji3](I'm sure I will dump my dripper on my lap just for saying it. Lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I've looked and for some reason cannot find the recent thread about a batch of poor QC smok heads.
It had pictures & several replies explaining the issue and a remedy.

Something about a lead wire or other obstruction causing an o ring on the bottom of the head to not allow it to seal, caused leaking / tank to drain / flooding into the base & out airflow holes.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I've looked and for some reason cannot find the recent thread about a batch of poor QC smok heads.
It had pictures & several replies explaining the issue and a remedy.

Something about a lead wire or other obstruction causing an o ring on the bottom of the head to not allow it to seal, caused leaking / tank to drain / flooding into the base & out airflow holes.

Found this:

From this thread
Smok TFV8 Leaking out air holes

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
That certainly is helpful,
the thread I recall was about the replacement heads, had more responses & pictures with several reporting the 'fix' worked for them and that new purchases of heads didn't have the same problem.

I could be mistaken or had/have a glitch in my remembering thingamajig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread