Status
Not open for further replies.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
when i flew out of IND (Indianapolis) they asked me to remove my tank and put it in with my liquids bag with all of my bottles of juice in there, but that was the extent of it. flying home out of MCO (Orlando) i forgot to remove my tank and liquids bag and TSA told me to remember to pull out my liquids bag next time and if i am using a large tank (had a hypertank 5ml on my mod) to put it in the liquids bag and i wouldnt have any issues.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
BTW as an aside, My pool team was headed to AZ out of Philly some six years ago. We got stopped at security because the guy I was with had a wide belt with two six shooters on it. They said he had to put the belt in his luggage bor throw it away because of those pistols. He thought they were kidding, but realized they were dead serious. The FAA had some regulation about reproduction guns. We were incredulous. Fortunately his luggage was still in the staging area so he kept the belt.

When you issue a directive to simple-minded people, they sometimes take it too literally, comically so ...

On my way through Mexican Customs earlier this year, one of the teenage agents (seriously, some look to be 17 or 18, and very gung ho) started yelling "Pistola, pistola !" at the top of his lungs, and waving something over his head ...

Turns out it was a coffee table book, with a picture of a handgun prominently displayed on the cover ... :oops:

The Marinas who woke up and ran in from the back were NOT amused ... :laugh:

But then, I have had a very young and aggressive US Customs agent question a sealed bottle of iced tea that I carried, at a land crossing. She challenged me to open and drink it to prove it was not "contraband" ... :blink:

I complied. I was thirsty anyway ... :2cool:

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
When my wife and I went on our honeymoon, she put all of our lotions and shampoos in a small bag inside of her carry on since I had already put her larger bag in the car. She was supposed to swap the little bag into the big bag before we checked it. We forgot. and the wonderful folks of the TSA threw it all out. We had no time to take it back to the car. She was highly upset. So we get to our overseas destination, I open up the carry on, and the 1st two items that I see are a Bic lighter, and an aerosol can of hairspray. Now I upset. They tossed $150 worth of inert personal care products in the trash, and left us the only 2 items that I can use as a flame thrower worth a grand total of $5. Who in the h3ll trains these people?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
When my wife and I went on our honeymoon, she put all of our lotions and shampoos in a small bag inside of her carry on since I had already put her larger bag in the car. She was supposed to swap the little bag into the big bag before we checked it. We forgot. and the wonderful folks of the TSA threw it all out. We had no time to take it back to the car. She was highly upset. So we get to our overseas destination, I open up the carry on, and the 1st two items that I see are a Bic lighter, and an aerosol can of hairspray. Now I upset. They tossed $150 worth of inert personal care products in the trash, and left us the only 2 items that I can use as a flame thrower worth a grand total of $5. Who in the h3ll trains these people?

I understand. I used to travel for my job internationally. It was fine prior to 9/11. We had a round the world trip. First stop Australia, then Singapore. The way back was a stop over in Germany, on to the UK and finally home. This was before a lot of the "new" security regulations but not all. I thought we were going top miss the flight to the UK. We're coming off a plane and transferring and they had three checkpoints. I'm watching my watch and we're 15 minutes late to get on the UK flight. I thought we were going to miss it but apparently they knew we were being held up and must have held the flight. Soon after that I managed to get out of International travel. I only did one more US trip after that before I retired.

However, I did make a trip down to Ft Lauderdale to visit a buddy 5 or 6 years ago and wasn't aware of the added regulations. I lost a bunch of personal items because I wasn't aware of the clear bag/liquid size requirements. I have no desire to ride another flight anywhere, but if I can't avoid it, I'll take nothing and just buy little bottles of whatever I might require. Too much hassle.

cmknight

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
China
When I came back to China in 2005, I took my tackle box as carry on. They took out the fishhook pliers because they said I could undo bolts (which are put on using a torque wrench), but let me get on the aircraft with all my lures, treble hooks, etc., including ... a utility knife. This was at YVR. Real smart people there, yessiree Bob.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I haven't flown in over 40 years, but one of these days, I may find myself getting on a plane again. I find all these rules about what is contraband and the freedom that these TSA people have to mess with us and take our possessions, in the name of "security", very disconcerting.

Another fine mess, created by the government. :facepalm:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The obvious solution is to make sure all tanks are empty before approaching any security checkpoints anywhere.

Yes, you never know what kind of TSA checkpoint you will run into. Some are more lax than others. Empty tanks and/or cartos are best for travelling. More expensive stuff can go in checked luggage.

It is common sense to only carry marked bottles, with business cards of vendors, in the same TSA approved clear plastic you carry your other liquids in.

I got flagged and patted down and hands chemically tested because of these weird appliques on my jean pockets. Lesson? Don't wear jeans with jewels, appliques, etc. when planning to go thru TSA checkpoints. The xray machine also did not react "kindly" to my REO.....nobody knew what that big chunk of metal was (I went thru an Air Force Base TSA....they are harder than others I guess.)

Did I feel personally victimized or that TSA were ANTZ? No, not in the least.

Avoiding taking everything "personally", avoiding the "victim mentality", and/or feeling like everyone is out to get you is going to make for a more succcessful cruise thru life. Most of the stuff that happens is pretty random.

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Did I feel personally victimized or that TSA were ANTZ? No, not in the least.

Avoiding taking everything "personally", avoiding the "victim mentality", and/or feeling like everyone is out to get you is going to make for a more succcessful cruise thru life. Most of the stuff that happens is pretty random.

This is so Spot on! be a good citizen, don't question authority, don't make waves,don't be like those absurd handicapped individuals, who felt violated, just because they were chosen, accept it, it is for the greater good! Don't go though out life feeling Big Brother is out to get you, Spying on you, violating your Rights, Liberties, taking advantage every chance they can! This is all for the greater good, so we can all be safe, and secure from every possible threat to Our Country, feel secure, The Fuhrer has your best interests in mind!

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is so Spot on! be a good citizen, don't question authority, don't make waves,don't be like those absurd handicapped individuals, who felt violated, just because they were chosen, accept it, it is for the greater good! Don't go though out life feeling Big Brother is out to get you, Spying on you, violating your Rights, Liberties, taking advantage every chance they can! This is all for the greater good, so we can all be safe, and secure from every possible threat to Our Country, feel secure, The Fuhrer has your best interests in mind!

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

oh, please.

I deal with what is, i.e. reality.

The fact is that once you are up in the air, you have little recourse. A friend of mine was actually hijacked back in the 70s and made national news. Lithium batteries caused a fire on a USPS aircraft.

I have family members who are pilots.

When you stop with the "I am a victim and everyone is out to get me" mentality, it allows you to actually see that there are other people in the world, and that their safety and well-being is at least as important as your ejuice. :rolls eyes:

Otherwise, keep walking around with that chip on your shoulder, and happy trails.

Yes, there are a lot of bad things happening in the world, yes 9/11 was a tragedy as was the OK City bombing, etc. Maybe you should talk to some people that experience REAL tragedies before you keep whining about having to dump out a little ejuice at the TSA checkpoint.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Another fine mess, created by the government. :facepalm:

"The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the United States House of Representatives and Ernest Hollings in the Senate, passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001." Government, republicans, whatever.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
"The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the United States House of Representatives and Ernest Hollings in the Senate, passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001." Government, republicans, whatever.

LOL, what a surprise! :facepalm: There is little difference what Puppet is in the white house, this is all about control. And a slow path to conformation.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
You think this is only about Ejuice? Realizing how ridiculous that notion is, cruise through life now, the next generation will flip the bill. Have a great cruise, my choice is the chip.

I'm with you cc. What do I care though, other than avoidance. I'm retired having retired from a job that took me around the globe. I watched as it got to be more of a pita with each trip. I won't be around long enough that this baby sitting government of ours will really effect me anyway. I've managed to live my life on the fringes of "civilization" where the eye of government and nosy neighbors isn't on you.

The government, at all levels, has gotten too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread