Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I am flying next month. The TSA is a concern. As of now, I am looking to break down my system to different parts of my carry-on. The filled PT2 will likely go in my toiletries bag. Nothing will be in my pockets though. Just in case, my checked bag will have another complete system, appropriately packaged, for when I get on the ground at the other end. I've also coordinated for a combat-loaded paratrooper to jump from a C-130 to hand me a system.
...... :lol: ......

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I have no luck. Tsa in Ft lauderdale fl in 2004 took a belt buckle that was shaped like unuseable brass knuckles attached to a belt in my carry on out. Next called over the lovely ft lauderdale police who actually issued me an arrest ticket. They wanted to actually detain me. I said being 5'2 n 100 lbs female, what even if they were usable do u think I was going to pullout my belt mid flight n start beating on people. It is art. N it was. I bought it at a gallery in NYC where I was flying back to. The only reason they let me on the flight is I told them I need to be in a meeting in NYC in four hours. This delay could cost me my well paying very needed job. They said if I have a business card with my office n name on it I could leave. I had a card gave it to the officer. I left with an arrest summons and was able to have it dismissed once I was back in NYC. Dismissed only bc I had a friend in ft lauderdales da office. But get this I had to pay a sum of $250 to the tsa. So I will try to drive when ever I can. Now I will have soon worry which state I am in while vaping and driving. Bc I have the dumbest luck.

Don't know if I mentioned this on the thread, but we were going to Vegas for a national pool tournament. Once we got to the TSA folk, they told by buddy he'd have to either ditch his belt or put it in his luggage. It had a western buckle with a couple of six shooters on it. Fortunately his bags were still waiting down where we checked them and he was able to save his "dangerous weapon".

urvi

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Chicago
Recently did a trip from Chicago to Denver and back. Had a filled carto tank and provari in my laptop bag. Neither airport even blinked an eye. At the Chicago gate however there were two individuals vaping away with out anyone even blinking an eye. I didn't wanna push my luck and vape since I am the "suspicious looking type for the tsa".:ohmy:

Vykos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
North Carolina
i will be flying from Raleigh NC to Detroit at the end of march and i will be traveling with a mech mod, a dripper, and some juice and batts and charger. i will be only having my backpack with me, no checked luggage. do you guys think that the best option is to just break down the mech mod into all the different rings it can go down to (maraxus mod) and leave the atomizer and battery all separate in a pouch or something in my backpack? im paranoid and dont want my stuff taken. cheap as it may be to replace mail from china takes a long time and i dont want to go back to smoking analogs when im back at my parents in DET.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The best thing to do is put all gear together in 1 container/bag and liquids in the liquid bag. Having various pieces scattered throughout multiple pockets is an easy way to get your bag searched and be delayed. I put everything in a plastic container, except liquids, tell them it is fake cigarette gear, put it in a bin for the x-ray machine and have never had an issue- even when it al got dru- swabbed at AMS and PRG. I learned the hard way after having to take everything electronic and PV related out once and having my bag scanned and re-scanned until everything could be identified.
My checked bag seems to always get searched, so again all vape gear is together in 1 container and on the top so they can get it out without searching through my whole bag. I also put a Halo card in the plastic container everything is in.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My husband just flew to Mexico with his. Just to be safe I sent him with the smmok vv winder I had extra, empty tank, and his juice. I put the tank and juice in a ziplock bag in his carryon, and he kept the mod in his pocket so it could go into the tray at the metal detectors rather than having them search the bag if it was seen on xray. TSA and Customs gave him no problems.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
Just flew domestic within Canada with 4 tanks in the liquids ziploc, 2 eGo's and my Provari plus an extra 18650. The only thing of interest was my laptop that got x-rayed thoroughly and then swabbed.

Just don't fill your tanks if you don't want to be wiping them and blowing in them. Didn't lose much juice, though :D

Sent from somewhere in a tunnel, 42 minutes away from anywhere.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
Flew again with my Provari and full eGo kit within Canada. The new guy at the x-ray monitor was worried about my Provari aa d pointed it to the woman who had kindly reminded me to pull my liquids bag out before pushing the bin forward. I saw it on the monitor and admit it can look like a detonator.

She immediately told him jt was probably an electronic cigarette, took it out of my bag and asked me to confirm it was. Then she explained to her colleague that we put a tank on top to emulate a cigarette. They didn't even look at my liquids, but did swab my laptop again.

Sent from somewhere in a tunnel, 42 minutes away from anywhere.

Hi all,

I know this may have already been answered previously in this thread, but since laws are changing by the hour, wanted to double check.
I am flying in a couple of weeks from NY to Montreal. Can anyone let me know if customs will give me ahard time with my mods/juices? Any suggestions? Can I bring eliquids and mods in my carry on?

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
You won't have any problems from this end and we all go through the same check point whether it's domestic of flight into the US. Keep your juices in the liquids and gel bag. I was asked to confirm that my Provari was an e-cig (2 weeks ago) and a lady explained to the new guy operating the x-ray machine how it worked. It did look incredibly like a detonator on the x-ray at the angle it was sitting at.

cmknight

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
China
I just flew international Shanghai - Vancouver - Shanghai with my MVP, Hammer, iClear 30's, and Protanks. No problems at either end. Even forgot to take the liquids bag out of my backpack coming back to Shanghai. Nobody looked at my gear twice, altho there was a bit of consternation in Shanghai when I brought a microcomputer back to China (8"x5"x2"). They'd never seen a computer that small before and wanted me to turn it on for them. I said sure, as long as you provide me with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard so you can see it's actually a computer and not a bomb. They couldn't be bothered to loan me the equipment and let it thru anyway. LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's been so long since TSA was formed that they should have the process down and streamlined. Flying before 9/11 was enjoyable. After, it was a hassle.

I used to fly fairly frequently back and forth between Atlanta and Dulles. TSA never really gave me much of a hassle, but they were highly suspicious of my company supplied Dell Laptop. They X-rayed it and my LT bag separately each time. I wasn't vaping then, but I learned that liquids had to be in factory labelled bottles and colors had to match the label. When I tried filling travel bottles and labelling them myself, they would confiscate them. Go figure ... Listerine is easy to smell test and shampoo is a thick liquid with a soapy smell.

The last place I flew into and out of was Las Vegas. That was a nice and relaxed but lengthy flight without a smoke. Back then, they allowed ecigs, but I was just before discovering them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread