Tank for a ruby mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got back into vaping and already tried rda's for the flavor it would put out but was wondering what's a good tank to match my Ruby? I've been using my Kennedy for 2 years before quiting and now I'm back into vaping. I have no idea how much different tanks are other than they save time without having to drip every 12 hits. I saw some reviews on the aspire cautious 2 sub ohm tank and unwell crown 3 sub ohm and was wondering which to pick that fits the ruby mod. Do I have to buy certain battery for the new change and if so what would you veterans recommend? I'd prefer long lasting which still can give me flavor. And last which coil would go best for my setup?? Sorry for asking so much I'm on the road alot so I can only post only an hour a day.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'm not sure what you're asking, the 'ruby' Im familiar with is an all in one true hybrid mechanical made by Kennedy. All in one meaning the meaning the 'atty' & tube are one machined piece.
It doesn't use 'tanks' it doesn't have a 510 connection at all.
Perhaps you have one of the many clone versions, if so we'd need to know which one.

As with any mechanical what battery you need for safe use will depend on the resistance range you intend to use.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan
I'm not sure what you're asking, the 'ruby' Im familiar with is an all in one true hybrid mechanical made by Kennedy. All in one meaning the meaning the 'atty' & tube are one machined piece.
It doesn't use 'tanks' it doesn't have a 510 connection at all.
Perhaps you have one of the many clone versions, if so we'd need to know which one.

As with any mechanical what battery you need for safe use will depend on the resistance range you intend to use.
My apologies it's a roundhouse mod not a ruby.....well I believe it is as I'm 3 days away from my house and can t tell for sure but it came as a combo with the Kennedy 25 atty and from an authentic vape shop. The atty does come off so I'm 90% certain it's a roundhouse (unless I got scammed lol) I'm looking for an tank recommendation and coil size/battery which won't blow up in my hand after constant use on the road. Thanks again vape gods.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The roundhouse is a pseudo/fake hybrid / direct to battery connection, to use any delivery device on the roundhouse you must ensure it has a protruding non spring loaded center pin.
Generally it is unwise to use a drop in / replaceable head type delivery device's on mechanicals, choosing something that uses above Ω heads ( 1.2Ω - 1.8Ω ish) may be slightly 'safer', even then the insulator can & sometimes do fail causing a short. Usually but not always the wire in the head will pop before your battery vents or worse.

Again, the battery you need to vape safely depends on the resistance range you intend to use.
When using a mech, to figure battery amp demand you must know the resistance, the resistance must be measured accurately not guessed at. The delivery device must be checked for shorts before installing on the tube & pressing the fire button.

Really not attempting to be rude or sound harsh, from your questions it seems you are not familiar with basic battery safety & selection, ohm law, how to select a delivery device for a direct to battery type connection or mechanical use in general.
The only safety feature when using a mechanical is the one between the users ears.
It would be best to get a regulated power device to vape with until you gain the knowledge necessary to use a mechanical safely.

The roundhouse is a pseudo/fake hybrid / direct to battery connection, to use any delivery device on the roundhouse you must ensure it has a protruding non spring loaded center pin.
Generally it is unwise to use a drop in / replaceable head type delivery device's on mechanicals, choosing something that uses above Ω heads ( 1.2Ω - 1.8Ω ish) may be slightly 'safer', even then the insulator can & sometimes do fail causing a short. Usually but not always the wire in the head will pop before your battery vents or worse.

Again, the battery you need to vape safely depends on the resistance range you intend to use.
When using a mech, to figure battery amp demand you must know the resistance, the resistance must be measured accurately not guessed at. The delivery device must be checked for shorts before installing on the tube & pressing the fire button.

Really not attempting to be rude or sound harsh, from your questions it seems you are not familiar with basic battery safety & selection, ohm law, how to select a delivery device for a direct to battery type connection or mechanical use in general.
The only safety feature when using a mechanical is the one between the users ears.
It would be best to get a regulated power device to vape with until you gain the knowledge necessary to use a mechanical safely.
Thank you so much, I'm not offended as it is true I barley have a grasp on this type of knowledge but since I already paid out $$$ for the mechanical I would rather not part ways with it yet. I've read about ohm laws but does this mean i can only use rda on my mod?? I'm sorry if my questions trigger you but I'm burned out right now. What would you recommend (tank/mod) for a beginner such as myself with low maintenance and long lifetime use.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Sorry if I gave the impression I was /am triggered o_O.
I certainly am not, just trying to help you vape safely & inform if you didn't know what you have is for experienced / advanced vaper & can be dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing & why.

I never said you should part ways with it, only set it aside until you fully understand what your doing & have the necessary equipment to measure resistance & check for shorts / at least an ohms meter that you can build on or quality dvom.
In the hands of the inexperianced mechanical's can become dangerous, in the blink of an eye.

No you can use several carefully selected RTA's on it with no issue.
Again with a protruding non spring loaded center pin.

Hard to give suggestions on a power & delivery device set up without knowing how you like to vape.
Could be istick pico & nautilus 2 or Melo, maybe one of the many aio (all in one) type.
Do you want a single cell or multi cell power device?
Internal / non removable battery or use replaceable batteries.
mtl or dtl?
Do you want to use replaceable head type or RBA type.
Do you already have a quality battery charger?

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread