Tank ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
The only tank I own just for OCC is UWELL CROWN (I did not buy its RBA), yes it is a good flavor producer. The problem I face:

1. The tank is top-fill capable and I think its made quality is also good, but the quality of OCC I bought is beyond my control. (I have purchased few boxes from China). Sometimes top-fill cause leaking and sometimes it did not. My experience tells leaking is mostly cause by quality of the OCC particularly its O-Ring. I really can't tolerate leaking with OCC, so nowadays, I am tire of trying and only use bottom fill instead of top-fill.

2. Power beyond 40 watts say about 60 watts or more is mandatory. I own a SMOK TFV4 mini tank, it comes with 2 OCC in the box (besides its RBA). I still remember that one incident which cause me to rush 45km back to a vape shop just to ask why a creamy juice I bought from them doesn't taste right with my SMOK tank. I have tried that juice in the vape shop before I bought one (they let my tried on a RDA tank) so I can felt the difference. Guess what? It was because I use too low wattage, about 30watts and the liquid taste totally different (not so nice in my case). After some test, the vape expert from the vape shop finally found out the trick, I need to heat that juice atleast at 60 watts (with the SMOK OCC) in order to get the same taste quality as produced by the RDA.

3. My daily juice is Creamy Suckerz VerryBerry Flan, a gunk prone e-juice, no matter what coil and wick matterial I use, the gunk built up force me to rewick pretty frequent (uless I can tolerate the degrade of taste quality). So, I don't think I can afford heating this juice with OCC. But I just can't let go this juice... so I had to let go OCC.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
What do y'all think of the isub apex? Innokin iSub APEX 5ml Top Filled Subtank

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not the Apex!!!!!!
The Isub G or Isub S are better choices than the Apex, due to the difficulty of cleaning the Apex.

Innokin Axiom is a better choice than the Isub series in my opinion.
I LOVE the Axiom, awesome flavor (the Isubs are my second favorite)

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
Not the Apex!!!!!!
The Isub G or Isub S are better choices than the Apex, due to the difficulty of cleaning the Apex.

Except the axiom is a very small tank fill wise. As far as cleaning I can handle that. I've looked at the G and s both seem to have same complaints which are leaking issues. Where the apex did not seem to have that complaint.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Well, more choices are coming out @Rancor0681 . I would write notes on each.

I did notice that one had knurling for the parts that you had to turn. That is helpful.
Taking notes and doing research on each option I appreciate all the thoughts and ideas keep em coming guys [emoji3]

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Except the axiom is a very small tank fill wise. As far as cleaning I can handle that. I've looked at the G and s both seem to have same complaints which are leaking issues. Where the apex did not seem to have that complaint.

I have several "G's" and one "S".........no leaks at all from any.
If anything the Apex leaked a tiny bit, I had 2 Apex(s) and traded both away.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
I have several "G's" and one "S".........no leaks at all from any.
If anything the Apex leaked a tiny bit, I had 2 Apex(s) and traded both away.
Was it just the cleaning issue that you werent fond of. Care to give a side by side effects the G and the apex flavor, vapor, everyday use wise?

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
I also have 3 "V's" (vortex)
Cheaper in price, same great flavor and cloudage (if that's a word)...no leaks from them either.
I've looked into the isub v I seem to be seeing it's temp control or for 40 watt plus or am I wrong?

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Was it just the cleaning issue that you werent fond of. Care to give a side by side effects the G and the apex flavor, vapor, everyday use wise?

Flavor in both were the same to me, your mileage may vary. Vapor Identical.
I found the apex leaked a tiny bit on occasion, never had any leaking problems with the "G"- "S" or "V"

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
I've looked into the isub v I seem to be seeing it's temp control or for 40 watt plus or am I wrong?

Yes and no, just put in a kanthal coil, or SS, and you're good to go in wattage mode.
I tried temp control and don't care for it. I strictly use Kanthal.

I run my Isubs (kanthal) from 22.5 watts to 35 watts depending on liquids, or my mood.

Seriously, look at the Axiom, since winning one, and purchasing another, I hardly use the Isubs anymore. I still like them, but the flavor and clouds are so much better with the Axiom. As far as the small volume, they are simple to fill. And I fill often because I do find they use more juice than the Isubs.

Reactions: Rancor0681

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Yes and no, just put in a kanthal coil, or SS, and you're good to go in wattage mode.
I tried temp control and don't care for it. I strictly use Kanthal.

I run my Isubs (kanthal) from 22.5 watts to 35 watts depending on liquids, or my mood.

Seriously, look at the Axiom, since winning one, and purchasing another, I hardly use the Isubs anymore. I still like them, but the flavor and clouds are so much better with the Axiom. As far as the small volume, they are simple to fill. And I fill often because I do find they use more juice than the Isubs.
My prob and want for a larger tank is due in large part to the nature of my job and not having the time to always be able to fill. I'll take those rare used isubs off your hands lmao jk[emoji3]

Reactions: whodat2112

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Past my bedtime............ask 50 people about any vaping product and you'll get 50 different answers (and that's a good thing)

I'll check this thread tomorrow and try to be of assistance.

The only other tanks that I've tried were Eleaf Lemo.......version 1 and 2...........hated them.....dry hits galore.
And an Aspire tank (forget which one).......worse dry hits than the Lemo's.

Once I bought my first Isub, I never had the desire to try other brands, because I like them so much.
So my experience with tanks is rather limited.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Past my bedtime............ask 50 people about any vaping product and you'll get 50 different answers (and that's a good thing)

I'll check this thread tomorrow and try to be of assistance.

The only other tanks that I've tried were Eleaf Lemo.......version 1 and 2...........hated them.....dry hits galore.
And an Aspire tank (forget which one).......worse dry hits than the Lemo's.

Once I bought my first Isub, I never had the desire to try other brands, because I like them so much.
So my experience with tanks is rather limited.
Thank you so much for all the info I have already been leaning in the direction of an I sub somthing so it's good to hear praise from a fellow vaper kn here not just reviews

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Not the Apex!!!!!!

I never had a problem cleaning out my Apex... Just take out the coil and open the juice fill holes... rinses out just fine. :)

Ksirps

Aug 16, 2016
    Well once you get tired of the crown I highly suggest the eLeaf GS-Tank and the Innokin iSub G Tank. I just ordered duplicates of both just to have extras on deck.

The eLeaf GS-Tank is a great tank for the price. I got it on eBay for $20 shipped and it came with Two 0.15 nickel coils for TC mods. They also have non TC coils available also. It holds 3ml and actually I am a pretty heavy vapor and it last me all day. It is bottom fill but it is super easy with little to no mess when filling. I suggest having a paper towel or something just to bip up the residual juice. Quality and craftsmanship is solid. Drip tip stays put and does a great job at dispersing the heat. I use this tank with my eLeaf 40W TC Mod when I am at work or on the road and with my eLeaf 100W TC Mod @ 470 degrees when I am at home with no issues. Great flavor and clouds are nice too. Highest VG/PG used was 80/20 with no dry hits unless you crank up the temp and chain vape hard. Great tank overall no complaints on my end.

The Innokin iSub G Tank is by far the best lung tank I have used. I paid $15 shipped for the big old 4.5ml one with the upgraded no leak design. It comes with Two 0.5 coils and the no spill coil wwap design is awesome and filling is super easy and isn't messy as long as you are careful. Replacement coils are reasonably priced also and come in different types. Amazing air flow even on tightest setting. I actually believe these are under priced and should be priced up there neck to neck with the higher priced tanks but I am glad they aren't haha.

In closing, sure you can spend the money on well known brands but I like to branch out and I am glad that I did. Both are great bang for your buck tanks, Replacement coils are priced reasonably, and flavor/vapor production are on point. Give them both a shot!

I got them both from eBay user quench1056; Great service, FAST shipping, and everything is authentic since they are an authorized dealer for both brands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread