Tank OR drip -- Does such a beast exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glassmeltr

Jan 22, 2017
I've been using an Ego AIO and it's perfect for my purposes, for the most part. But I'm now getting into DIY juice and with the need to do a lot of juice testing, the AIO's tank is a pain. I need something that I can occasionally put an atomizer on that I can drip with. I've been out of the loop for so long that the choices out there are overwhelming for me.

Since I'm making juices for myself, I'd like to test them on a device as similar as possible to the AIO, since that's what I'll be using to vape them. Is there a sub-ohm device similar to the AIO that would allow me to choose between dripping on an atomizer or using a tank depending on what I needed?

I don't know anything about rebuilding coils, ohm's law or any of that stuff so am looking for something simple and regulated, but versatile and at least as powerful as the AIO. I like the small, sleek size of the AIO too, and prefer that to the box mod style devices.

Any ideas? What should I look for?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Glassmeltr. Welcome to the ECF.

Using an RDA to try out new DIY Mixes is Good Way to go. And making your own Coils (or just buying then Pre-Made!) and then wicking them Isn't all that hard.

For an RDA, the 2 Post "Velocity" Style decks are about the Easiest to build on. And you might want to look for one that can be run in either Single or Dual Coil Mode.

You could also go with a RTA Tank that has a Re-Buildable Section (an RBA) and then just Drip down the Center Air Hole instead of Filling the Tank. And when you Perfect your Mix(s), use the RTA as a Regular Tank.

Any way you Go, you would need a Mod that you can screw an RDA/RTA on. I would suggest checking out the eLeaf iStick 40w TC.

It's a Nice, Compact Mod. And Similar in size to your AIO. It also has Temperature Control (TC) Mode which may choose to use Now. Or sometime down the road.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, both artistic (my time) and scientific (day job). Thanks to you and zoiDmanfor responding to my post. I'll keep reading and researching. :)

Very Cool. I did some Glass Blowing / Free Forming years and years ago. I Wasn't all that good. But did have few Nice Pieces.

A Very Cool medium to work with.

Reactions: Glassmeltr

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Glassmelter,

I've been researching since I know that in the mid term I will have to start DIY or at least learn it if someday eliquids become unavailable.

I mostly use RTAs but as I'm in the hunt for a RDA I found about the Hadaly which is flavor focused and single coil .

As soon as some one sells them here I will buy a pair, maybe you should get one for your eliquid trials

Regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread