Tank Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Hello!

I got an istick 30W with a Nautilus Mini which I actually think is pretty "ok".

Now it seems I won an Innokin 50W disruptor. Plan is to give the istick and Nautilus to my wife then. (She has never used mods and currently she's still vaping with EGO batteries).

The question is what tank to get for the new Innokin 50W?

Since I already have a Nautilus Mini it would make sense to get started with sub ohms..this is why I was looking at the Innokin isub G (I really want the pyrex tank since I heard the PC tanks are prone to cracking?) which seems to be the standard tank for the disruptor, at least judging from pictures.

On the other hand I am not quite sure whether I want to get into sub-ohm vaping or whether I should just get...say..another Nautilus Mini. The other criterium is that a sub-ohm would be "too advanced" so I couldn't give it to my wife when she is starting with the mod, in case I want to keep my istick and give the disruptor to my wife instead. Then I would need something which is really simple and especially a tank that is easily to fill. Any ideas?

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Are you unhappy with the Nautilus, and if so why and what would you want to be different?

Not necessarily "unhappy", but I have seen videos of someone with an istick like I have and an (unknown) subohm tank, and the amount of vape produced was just UNREAL.
The only "issue" I have with the Nautilus is that performance of the coils goes down greatly after about a week or so, especially vaping self-mixed VG juices....but I guess that's normal.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The Nautilus is designed to give a flavorful vape, but does not produce big plumes. The market is saturated with sub-ohm tanks but many of them may not truly chuck it without more than 50W. I have no experience with the Innokin isub G so I can't comment on that. If you want to identify the tank you saw in the video you mentioned, post it and I'm sure someone can help.

If you do a search here, or on google or youtube you will find lots of recommended sub-ohm tanks. You may want to consider the Kanger Sub Tank Mini as this device offers pre-made sub-ohm coils and has the benefit of a rebuild-able section.

Reactions: thetrucker

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
VERY DISSAPOINTED!!! The very first time that I dropped it on the ground the Pyrex just SHATTERED!!!! I couldn't believe it! I used the Kanger Pro-Tank for nearly a year until about a month ago when I was finally able to afford to buy the Aspire Nautilus Mini and I was thrilled with it. Fantastic flavor, didn't flood or leak. I got to use it for 2 days.

In the last year I used two Kanger Pros (I think they're Kanger Pro 2's) and one generic version of those on my ProVari, and I've dropped them COUNTLESS times and never even cracked the glass. In the last few months they started leaking more juice than I was vaping and just tasting like crap, and for some reason the coils were no longer lasting memory than a day or two before they were nasty and burnt which was not cheap, and since I'd heard such wonderful things about the Nautilus I decided to try it.

If you're going to go with it I'd get the stainless steel tank if you don't mind that. I'm not sure I'd even trust the "pyrex" ones with the SS sleeve. Looking at the glass from the broken tank it doesn't appear to be any thicker than what a glass cup is made from. And it shattered just like my cups do if I drop them. I've been back to smoking cigarettes (yuck!!!!!) since and until I can figure out what I want to do tank wise. On top of it I've got $30 worth of new coils for my Aspire.

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Ok I ordered an iSub G. I haven't really seen any negatives about those iSubs except that I think that the price for the G is a little high. The plastic one I didn't want so I ordered the "G" one.
Good choice mate. Even though the iSub is a great tank I hear and unbeatable price point in the sub Ohm arena, I personally stay away from plastic tanks since I use a wide variety of e juice types (citrus-profiles, Cosmic Fog Euphoria I'm looking at you!). For the extra 7 dollars the iSub G is a great tank I hear.

Congrats on winning the Disrupter, I won one as well and was able to upgrade to sub Ohm finally.

Was using Nautilus mini and aspire BDC before on my MVP v2.0. I used the BDC for about 3 weeks on my Disrupter before upgrading, but so glad I did!

Now I switch back n forth because the sub Ohm tanks go through juice like you wouldn't believe!

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
I am a little "disappointed", not that the iSub is a bad device, it's simply that subohming is not for me and this device is clearly not made for "mouth to lung", or only with some limitations. But then I admit that the flavor is not even on the same level as the Mautilus Mini, it's really worlds apart. What I did now...ordered a Kayfun clone since I think it should enable me to get the best of both worlds. (And I can even make subohm coils, or 1 Ohm coils or whatever coils/resistance I want with it). Goal is to have the flavor of subohm without it being as airy and being able to do MTL like with the Nautilus.

Reactions: David Wolf

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I own 4 - Aspire Atlantis II Clearomizers, and vape all day on Aspire 0.3 ohm atomizers/coils (The best coil for the Sigelei 75W: lasts a long time). I bought and am testing 2,000+ ml of E-Liquid that I managed to buy in one month. All different manufacturers and flavors. These tanks are workhorses and you can easily clean, and empty existing fluids out for replacement of new E-Liquid.

Just don't drop them or throw them against the wall and you should be OK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread