Tank recommendations for use with Triton coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I've been using an Atlantis Evo with Triton 0.4 ohm coils for TC lately. I really like the setup, except for one thing - it leaks like a sieve. When I fill it I wind up with juice pouring down my mod (and I'm definitely not getting any juice in the chimney when I fill), and even between fills I'm having issues with drips and smaller puddles. I'm using 50 - 70% VG juices.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with the leaking? Failing that, is there another tank that would work with these coils with less leakage?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've been using an Atlantis Evo with Triton 0.4 ohm coils for TC lately. I really like the setup, except for one thing - it leaks like a sieve. When I fill it I wind up with juice pouring down my mod (and I'm definitely not getting any juice in the chimney when I fill), and even between fills I'm having issues with drips and smaller puddles. I'm using 50 - 70% VG juices.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with the leaking? Failing that, is there another tank that would work with these coils with less leakage?

Bummer, I've been using my Evo for about 2 months now and luckily have had no leaking at all. I use the .5 Evo coils though. Have you tried out the .4 Evo coils? It may be that the Triton ones just aren't compatible. Just a hunch.

Reactions: Hawise

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Bummer, I've been using my Evo for about 2 months now and luckily have had no leaking at all. I use the .5 Evo coils though. Have you tried out the .4 Evo coils? It may be that the Triton ones just aren't compatible. Just a hunch.

Rats. I was wondering if that was the problem. I haven't tried the Evo coils since I wanted the Tritons for TC, although I've heard good things about the Evos. It sounds like it might be best to keep the Evo for the Evo coils and get something else for the Tritons.

Melo 3.

Never once had a leak with that tank. Great little fella.

Glad to hear it. I think I'll give it a try.

Reactions: drysprocket

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
what about the original triton or triton 2 itself? They look great to my eyes.

Of course, there is the royal gold tobeco supertank mini, which is just lush!
That takes triton coils, and atlantis, and eleaf i believe too.
Melo 3 is a fine tank also.

I decided against the Tritons because I've heard complaints about leaking with them as well, and they're a bit pricey around here. The Tobeco sounds interesting, although none of my regular suppliers sell it so I'd have to source out a new one.

I think the Melo 3 is best for now, but I'll keep the Super tank in mind. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I decided against the Tritons because I've heard complaints about leaking with them as well, and they're a bit pricey around here. The Tobeco sounds interesting, although none of my regular suppliers sell it so I'd have to source out a new one.

I think the Melo 3 is best for now, but I'll keep the Super tank in mind. Thanks for the suggestions!
well i'll let you know how the triton 2 goes.. i'll be getting one soon in my odyssey mini kit order from anyvape.. it was only 29.99 for the whole kit including the mod!

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I'd be glad to hear about it. Here in Canada, the Triton 2 alone starts at $40.00.
it's the same here in Australia Hawise. 44.95 AUD for just the tank.
This is why sometimes I just have to purchase online from Chinese stores having mega sales.
The store I went to, anyvape.com, i had to spend 200 to get free ship, but the reason i did it, i stocked up on gear that would have cost 500$ here.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
it's the same here in Australia Hawise. 44.95 AUD for just the tank.
This is why sometimes I just have to purchase online from Chinese stores having mega sales.
The store I went to, anyvape.com, i had to spend 200 to get free ship, but the reason i did it, i stocked up on gear that would have cost 500$ here.

I'll have to consider China for stocking up!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles

Hey, I just found out one more reason to salvage the Evo...my local vape shop told me that the fat boy 5ml extender for the Cleito works on it. I didn't believe it, but sure enough. Now that it holds that extra bit, this tank is becoming my favorite. Just fyi. I know the lack of TC is a bummer for you, but this thing really is amazing with the stock coils.

Reactions: Hawise

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'd be glad to hear about it. Here in Canada, the Triton 2 alone starts at $40.00.
I have a couple of original Tritons and IMO they are crap. They leak, I don't like the airflow and refilling them can be messy. Oh, the RBA is terrible as well. Strangely I love the Triton Mini and my wife uses them daily with Nautilus coils.

I have 3 Tobeco Supertank Minis and they are great tanks. Cheap and obviously take full size Triton coils. I would highly recommend them.

They are hard to find in Canada and I bought mine in Niagara NY. Worth ordering online for sure.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
hate the triton mini, love the coils.. we are all so different! It's a tank that uses mainly MTL coils with absolutely horrid MTL airflow.. yet those coils work awesome in nauts...just imo of course!
Well your opinion is wrong. LOL! ;):D

Funny how one man'a crap is another man's treasure for sure. This is why I have honestly never watched a vape video review.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I have 3 Tobeco Supertank Minis and they are great tanks. Cheap and obviously take full size Triton coils. I would highly recommend them.

They are hard to find in Canada and I bought mine in Niagara NY. Worth ordering online for sure.

That's two recommendations for the Super tank mini in this thread, and a few in another. Looks like I'd better find out just what's so super about it.

I've found it at one of my Canadian suppliers, so the real question now is midnight blue, gunmetal or an extra $10 for the gold?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll give a third to the Super tank, regular or mini. I've now tried them with Tobeco's own SS notch (pretty good in TC), Atlantis coils (they're OK), and right this moment one of those Vaporesso ceramic EUC coils in a BVC compatible sleeve. Taste on the ceramic is quite clean, but the draw is pretty tight even with the airflow wide open. Turn the airflow down some and it's not a bad mtl draw on a 0.5 ohm SS ceramic. Only downside to the tank is it can be a bit of a pain to get apart (an Allen key through the air slots works fine) and there are no included replacement o rings, which at the price point isn't a deal breaker.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
My Super tank arrived today. It came apart without trouble - perhaps because it arrived prechilled due to local climatological conditions.

I'm really liking it so far. No sign of leaks, but it's early days. The only weird thing is that it won't fit on my Aspire NX75. It fits quite happily on my Pico and assorted eVics so it's hardly the end of the world, but I thought a 510 was a 510 was a 510. Oh well, live and learn.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It literally won't screw down. The connector seems to be longer than those of my Aspire tanks, though my other mods don't mind.

Do you mean it won't screw down and sit flush? Or it simply doesn't fit? If you screw it on and there's a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the mod, does the mod still sense the tank correctly and fire the coil?

Reactions: Vesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread