Tank recommendations for use with Triton coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Do you mean it won't screw down and sit flush? Or it simply doesn't fit? If you screw it on and there's a small gap between the bottom of the tank and the mod, does the mod still sense the tank correctly and fire the coil?

I was going to say that it absolutely, literally, completely and entirely cannot be screwed into the mod, but it turns out I'm an idiot. If I try to screw it down the way I would with any other atomizer the threads won't even connect so it's entirely un-screwable. However, if I get it in exactly the right place and push very hard, it will screw in. It leaves a gap, but it recognizes the coil and everything so it's just cosmetic.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I was going to say that it absolutely, literally, completely and entirely cannot be screwed into the mod, but it turns out I'm an idiot. If I try to screw it down the way I would with any other atomizer the threads won't even connect so it's entirely un-screwable. However, if I get it in exactly the right place and push very hard, it will screw in. It leaves a gap, but it recognizes the coil and everything so it's just cosmetic.

So the pin is a tad long and the thread is hard to engage. That's the problem of 510 connectors sharing the same name but not the same specs, which is pretty stupid. You can get some spacers to fill that space in and make sure you don't torque the tank somehow (OK, really hard to do that, but still) You can get something like these mod guards, KP Mod Guard - 5 Pack or make your own out of some thin plastic and a drill. Glad at least it's on and working.

Reactions: Hawise

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
i've got an issue with just one mod here where everything screws down perfectly but it won't recognise nautilus or my triton mini which is why i asked. But what you're saying Hawise is very unusual. I think Eskie is on to something here.. some atomizers just DON'T screw down all the way, especially if the 510 outer ring is slightly raised on the mod. Also if the 510 pin hole is shallow without much spring (joyetech anyone for a shallow example - on my wismec and joyetech, nothing aspire or kanger can screw down anywhere near all the way here). If that's what you mean, then that happens to a variety of tanks on a variety of mods.. but the way you are saying won't screw down, comes across as if it literally won't screw down at ALL, which i have never heard of before, ever. I just checked my supertank here, and it works perfectly on my arhon which is the exact same chip and 510 as the NX other than being beefed up watts wise. There is a gap though. Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread