Tanks opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
If you're looking for a more mouth-to-lung hit (kinda similar to a real cigarette's draw) you might wanna look into the Aspire Nautilus. Although, if you're liking the big airflow on the SubTank I dunno how much you'll like the tighter draw on the Nautilus.

It's still a very good tank, I use mine on random days that I want that "pull resistance" -- also it doesn't chuck quite as much clouds, so you can use higher nic juice without it being overwhelming.

Reactions: bigdeebo
If you're looking for a more mouth-to-lung hit (kinda similar to a real cigarette's draw) you might wanna look into the Aspire Nautilus. Although, if you're liking the big airflow on the SubTank I dunno how much you'll like the tighter draw on the Nautilus.

It's still a very good tank, I use mine on random days that I want that "pull resistance" -- also it doesn't chuck quite as much clouds, so you can use higher nic juice without it being overwhelming.

I wholeheartedly second the Nautilus suggestion. It seems to me the Nautilus Mini would be an ideal fit for your battery setup, but of course the full size 5ml capacity of the original will give you much longer vape-time between refills. A refill on mine lasts a good 24 hours and I'm a pretty heavy vaper.

Airflow options are excellent and function flawlessly: from very tight to very light. An ideal draw-bracket in my view. Can't imagine tanks getting any better than the Nautty.

Reactions: bigdeebo

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
A Nautilus (mini or full) might be too weak a vape on an eGo one.

eGo ONE with subtank Nano = either 35 watts or 14 depending on coil.

eGo ONE with Nautilus = either 11 watts or 9.8 depending on coil.

If you enjoy the 1.2ohm subtank, then you might enjoy the 1.6ohm Nautilus... but other than that, comparing 35 watts to 9.8 watts is hard to imagine. :confused:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
A Nautilus (mini or full) might be too weak a vape on an eGo one.

eGo ONE with subtank Nano = either 35 watts or 14 depending on coil.

eGo ONE with Nautilus = either 11 watts or 9.8 depending on coil.

If you enjoy the 1.2ohm subtank, then you might enjoy the 1.6ohm Nautilus... but other than that, comparing 35 watts to 9.8 watts is hard to imagine. :confused:

The Nautilus BVC's tend to hit great at exactly 11W. Any hotter and I've found it's easy to roast the wick -- I think a Naut Mini would actually work surprisingly well on a Ego One.

All I can say to that is: if you want to be safe, vape cool. Formaldehyde and temperature is still somewhat of an open question and it's best to err on the side of caution with power settings. High wattage devices are just a sales-gimmick anyway - a novelty craze. Normal vapers tend to stay below 10W. For myself, I do around 6-7 W on a Nautilus with a 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coil and it produces ample and tasty vapor for the type of "shake once and vape" juices I mix. I always say vape cool and stay safe.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Nautilus BVC's tend to hit great at exactly 11W. Any hotter and I've found it's easy to roast the wick -- I think a Naut Mini would actually work surprisingly well on a Ego One.
I'm not saying it won't work. I'm saying if the O.P. has been vaping at either 35 or 14 watts, he's gonna think he's bust his battery or something. LOL :)
I run BVC up to 15 watts and have yet to fry one. 2 tanks, 25+ coils, 10 months of using them.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
All I can say to that is: if you want to be safe, vape cool. Formaldehyde and temperature is still somewhat of an open question and it's best to err on the side of caution with power settings. High wattage devices are just a sales-gimmick anyway - a novelty craze. Normal vapers tend to stay below 10W. For myself, I do around 6-7 W on a Nautilus with a 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coil and it produces ample and tasty vapor for the type of "shake once and vape" juices I mix. I always say vape cool and stay safe.

I don't disagree. Freedom of choice to do what makes sense for each person.
I just think everyone is missing the point.

Time to back out. :)

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Really? I believe even pbusardo likes around 8 W and thinks anything more is overkill. I certainly share his view.

It depends entirely on the resistance of your atomizer. Phil vapes according to the resistance of his atomizer too. In fact, I've always wondered why he throws atties on his DNA 40 where he needs to max out the wattage. I've seen several where he's vaping at 40W on a tank -- maxing out the wattage = drastically reduced battery life.

Additionally, further proof that resistance is key: My .6 ohm 14-wrap won't even fire at 8W. At 60-70W it's a "cool" vape. Any higher and it's a bit uncomfortable.

Also, I think voltage is almost a better judgement to go by than wattage, because wattage can vary so drastically depending on coil resistance. I tend to vape around 5-6V (atomizer dependant, of course). If you're vaping 11W on a 1.8 ohm head, you're around 4.5V too.

Reactions: cckayne
It depends entirely on the resistance of your atomizer. Phil vapes according to the resistance of his atomizer too. In fact, I've always wondered why he throws atties on his DNA 40 where he needs to max out the wattage. I've seen several where he's vaping at 40W on a tank -- maxing out the wattage = drastically reduced battery life.

Additionally, further proof that resistance is key: My .6 ohm 14-wrap won't even fire at 8W. At 60-70W it's a "cool" vape. Any higher and it's a bit uncomfortable.

Also, I think voltage is almost a better judgement to go by than wattage, because wattage can vary so drastically depending on coil resistance. I tend to vape around 5-6V (atomizer dependant, of course). If you're vaping 11W on a 1.8 ohm head, you're around 4.5V too.

I tend to take Ohm's Law as my guide also (well, we have no choice with mech mods and eGo sticks, do we?). 1.8 ohms at 3.6 nominal voltage gives around 7.2 W. Which is pretty much the ballpark power setting I try never to exceed for safety reasons. 1.6 ohms BVC coil outputs a little more (8.1 W) at pbusardo's preferred wattage. Personally, I avoid going so high because scorched hits are more frequent at 60-40 PG/VG on my Nautty. As I mentioned, this is largely a safety/economy concern for me, but I acknowledge that tastes and opinions naturally vary wildly. I just prefer to stay safe and conserve coil-heads and battery life for as long as possible.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
@bigdeebo are you a M2L inhaler or a direct lung inhaler? What are you looking for in a new tank?

1. larger capacity?
2. more airflow?
3. a tank that gives you the option of using stock coils AND has the option of rebuilding your own coils (i.e. a RBA base)?

Any other considerations I did not mention?

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Really? I believe even pbusardo likes around 8 W and thinks anything more is overkill. I certainly share his view.

pbusardo is not a normal vaper, and while I may not vape at high wattages, I tend to stay under 20 on anything and around 11 or 12 on my mechs, most of the vapers I know do go above 20 watts.

It is all personal preference.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
I don't know how or why one person feels they have the ability to say what's normal for everyone. On another thread the same thing was said and I was told they were only talking about one tank the Nautilus. Yet the poster continues making blanket statements. I said it before and will again one device vaping at 10 watts can reach the same temperature as a different device vaping at 50 watts. Blanket statements have no place in the vaping world.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I said it before and will again one device vaping at 10 watts can reach the same temperature as a different device vaping at 50 watts. Blanket statements have no place in the vaping world.

Very true, the wattage needed for say a 306 is way lower than that needed for most rda's. Heat is effected by air flow and chamber size.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
To the op a Nautilus isn't a tank I'd run on a mech style device. The Nautilus is just better suited for a vv vw device

Why is that exactly? Whats the difference between the Nautilus with a 1.6/1.8 ohm coil and building a RTA/RDA to 1.6/1.8? You really shouldn't let people tell you what is normal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread