Tanks switching juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I find even when I empty and clean the tank the coil holds on to the previous flavor/tastes a bit funky for nearly half a tank with fruity and maybe a whole tank with vanilla...but I'm using the stock Atlantis Ver.1 tank still so I guess it isn't too bad, I just wouldn't do it if you're tasting a juice for the first time

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Easiest and quickest way I've found to get rid of any lingering juice if you've only got one coil or don't want to switch to a new one is soak the coil in some grain alcohol or clear liquor over 120 proof (60%) and let it dry out. Don't use rubbing alcohol!
This is what i use, i bought a bottle of cheap vodka and i soak my coils for a few days and then let dry for few more and they are good as new with no lingering past flavors.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Easiest and quickest way I've found to get rid of any lingering juice if you've only got one coil or don't want to switch to a new one is soak the coil in some grain alcohol or clear liquor over 120 proof (60%) and let it dry out. Don't use rubbing alcohol!

This may be a stupid question but why to not use rubbing alcohol? Can rubbing alcohol at least be used to clean RDAs or tanks???

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Ideally you just save up and get another tank, then you can have a couple juices loaded and just swap them whenever. I alternate 4-5 tanks now. It's annoying switching flavors with the same coil and some flavors linger or taste nasty with the next flavor unless they're kind of similar.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I probably have like 20 different tanks now, but I mostly just use my mini nautilus' and protank 3's with all the protank 2 stuff as a backup. So I'll usually have 2-4 tanks on the go and when swapping flavors I try to keep them at least in the same ballpark as the previous one. Peanut butter can easily become a custard tank and different fruits switch easier than to something not in the fruit category.
But hey... one of my favorite mixes is BC Blast mixed accidentally with Komodo by Unique Vapor Innovations which is a vanilla pastry flavor, I didn't smell before I refilled and turns out I have the best tasting fruit pastry mix I've ever tried. It's like a heavenly pie.

I know you said you don't want to switch coils but is that bc it's too much work or bc you feel like you're wasting them? I used to toss mine out in between flavors that wouldn't go together but now I just keep the little punch out package thing they came with & when I want to switch from like a fruit flavor to a custard flavor & put the other coil in the little package thingy & seal it with a piece of tape & then switch to my coil I use for dessert/custard flavors. Or switch tanks like other people have suggested but using one coil for my fruit flavors & one for dessert has worked pretty well for me. Tried just using the same one bc I'm really lazy but I mostly only like cake/custard/creamy flavors or slightly sour fruit flavors so that really didn't work too well lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread