Status
Not open for further replies.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
I've been racking my brain for a couple weeks now to figure out just what I could use to make a taryn spin happen. I don't have any slim pouches from starter kits, nor small bags with draw strings. I've seen cardboard tubes from hangers mentioned, but go figure, I don't have any of those. My kids had some little party horn things that would have worked pretty well if I wouldn't have screwed them up. I finally came up with it last night:

A MARKER LID

Here's the long and short of it. Go to that bin of largely unused and mostly dried out markers your kids say they use all the time when they really don't care to use them unless they're marking up each other. Sift through it until you either find a dried up washable FAT marker (which is a good indication of a lid nearby) or a lid (cut to the chase). Once you have your lid, you'll need the rest of your supplies:
  • 1 Needle
  • 1 Thimble
  • 1 Flat-Head Screwdriver
  • 12" to 16" of fishing line - I used 8lb test if it matters.
First off, take your flat head screw driver and on the inside of the cap just run it along the edge a couple times. Use a decent amount of pressure. The goal here is to taper that edge just enough to fit a smok Tech XXXL Mega DC in (I have only tested with the clear version, need confirmation on the normal one). After you can slide a large carto in, thread fishing line through your needle, put that thimble on and push it right through the top end of the lid. Tie with your knot of choice and viola, you now have a taryn spin device.

Now I know not all markers are created equal. I'll post up some pics of my setup tonight when I get home to give you a better idea of what to look for. Basically what I have is a regular washable marker cap that has the large hole to accommodate the girth of the marker, and a smaller recessed hole for the tip of the marker. The larger hole perfectly accommodates my smok Tech Mega DC Clearo, and the inner hole is perfect for a normal carto. Works like a charm.

tarynspinmarker.jpg

Last edited:

hitman4274

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
south west florida
I'm a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yo string, and tighten the slip knot around bottom rim of the smaller top-end condom...it works fine for me like that...

haha nice i yoyo as well, and this has given me some ideas

i even make my own yoyo strings lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread