Taryn Spin Device for Folks with Kids - Normal Carts & XXXL Clearos

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Huuwap, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Huuwap

Huuwap Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been racking my brain for a couple weeks now to figure out just what I could use to make a taryn spin happen. I don't have any slim pouches from starter kits, nor small bags with draw strings. I've seen cardboard tubes from hangers mentioned, but go figure, I don't have any of those. My kids had some little party horn things that would have worked pretty well if I wouldn't have screwed them up. I finally came up with it last night:

A MARKER LID

Here's the long and short of it. Go to that bin of largely unused and mostly dried out markers your kids say they use all the time when they really don't care to use them unless they're marking up each other. Sift through it until you either find a dried up washable FAT marker (which is a good indication of a lid nearby) or a lid (cut to the chase). Once you have your lid, you'll need the rest of your supplies:
    • 1 Needle
    • 1 Thimble
    • 1 Flat-Head Screwdriver
    • 12" to 16" of fishing line - I used 8lb test if it matters.
    First off, take your flat head screw driver and on the inside of the cap just run it along the edge a couple times. Use a decent amount of pressure. The goal here is to taper that edge just enough to fit a Smok Tech XXXL Mega DC in (I have only tested with the clear version, need confirmation on the normal one). After you can slide a large carto in, thread fishing line through your needle, put that thimble on and push it right through the top end of the lid. Tie with your knot of choice and viola, you now have a taryn spin device.

Now I know not all markers are created equal. I'll post up some pics of my setup tonight when I get home to give you a better idea of what to look for. Basically what I have is a regular washable marker cap that has the large hole to accommodate the girth of the marker, and a smaller recessed hole for the tip of the marker. The larger hole perfectly accommodates my Smok Tech Mega DC Clearo, and the inner hole is perfect for a normal carto. Works like a charm.

tarynspinmarker.jpg

2. dlsw

dlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

OMg, please post more. that is perfect even for those of us with grown up kids.

3. TonyTT

TonyTT Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yoer, so I just use a yo-yo string, and tighten the slip knot around bottom rim of the smaller top-end condom...it works fine for me like that...

4. TonyTT

TonyTT Super Member ECF Veteran

Or you could make a pouch outta duct tape, if is really important to you...

5. DrmChld

DrmChld Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

I've never tried this method, however...

Wouldn't buying a 510 connector, then epoxy some twine or heavy test fishing line on the backside. Then just screw it in and let it spin.

6. Huuwap

If you want to empty it that would work fine. This works whether you're filling or removing liquid.

7. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

if youre just looking to get the liquid out, all you need to do is duct tape a shoelace to the carto itself, then spin away.

8. Lethalp

Lethalp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I guess I am really cheap or just lazy, I use a old small kid sock and a shoestring ( my youngest is 5 so I have stray single socks a plenty :). )

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

9. Huuwap

That would definitely work! Everybody comes up with something a bit different based on materials on-hand ;).

10. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  11. ChellyNelly

ChellyNelly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Another things that works fantastically and can go over pretty much an carto size is those little squishy pencil grips. You can get a bunch of 'em at the Dollar Store for really cheap. If you don't know what I mean, look at my attached image. ADL_writing_clip_image019.jpg

12. hitman4274

hitman4274 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

haha nice i yoyo as well, and this has given me some ideas

i even make my own yoyo strings lol

: chase
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.