Taste is everything~Descriptions of our flavors by YOU!!

Discussion in 'Backwoods Brew' started by whiskey, Aug 22, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Heres a thread to help all the people who haven't tried all the BWB flavors yet.......

Leave a description of how a particular BWB juice tastes like to YOU...AND remember, everyones tastes will vary....

Lets also try to keep this thread "On topic" as much as possible, because it will become a sticky after we have enough of the flavors described :)

*Also remember this thread is not for posts about NOT liking certain juices, just descriptions please.

2. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Ok, well I only have the one I can report on with any responsibility here so:

Applewood- I taste the apple right up front, its like a crisp fresh apple not like a green apple but a red one...theres even some hint of the apple skin..quite amazing, then on exhale there is some wood there, like cedar...the tobacco is there as well but it's quite mild and in the background, the tobacco seems to be a subtle balancing of the whole flavor. Could definitely vape this one all day long.

I've tried two others but only like about 5-10 drags each so I will not comment on those yet.

3. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Thanks Jbanks...thats just what I am looking for...not huge reviews but a quick opinion...Thanks:)

4. cypresss

cypresss Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A little more than a brief review, but it's a video I did a while back about BWB Applewood.

5. jimbalny

jimbalny Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Subscribing. Ima have 9 different flavors to comment on hopefully very soon!

6. PatrickG

PatrickG Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've had a bottle of the RY4 for about 2 weeks, and it's just starting to taste good. It's getting sweeter and creamier every day, and the vanilla is starting to come through nicely. The vapor has an interesting texture to it...not really a huge throat hit, just a nice full mouth feel.

7. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Ahh the elusive ry4. This and the malty toffee are the ones I really want to try but are not in stock.

8. PatrickG

PatrickG Senior Member ECF Veteran

RY4 and malty toffee are the only ones I've tried, I guess I was lucky they were in! The malty toffee is good too, but I can't taste any toffee yet, probably just needs more time...

9. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Doing good folks, keep them coming...but remember I want you to try & describe what they taste like to you:)

Nice vid Cypress!!

10. sashwa

sashwa ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

My favorites are the Dulce de Leche and the Menthol Tobacco.

Dulce - For me the taste is sweet, creamy, and milky.

Menthol Tobacco - This come in 3 strengths of menthol: Strong or Medium or Light. I can taste both the tobacco and the menthol in this. It aslo mixes nicely with other flavors.

Both of these I can vape right out of the mailer but they also taste great when steeped.

Another flavor I like is the Blueberry. This one I prefer right out of the mailer with no steeping. For me steeping it mellows out the blueberry too much.

Remember that tastes are subjective - what I like you may not like and visa versa.

11. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Nice Sash!!! Thanks:)

12. trichman

trichman Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Menthol tobacco with medium menthol is perfect. Menthol is not overpowering and the tobacco flavor is very nice, a little sweet but not much at all. Overall a balanced flavor that is very satisfying.

13. ClutchMan

ClutchMan Super Member ECF Veteran

555 Exotic - Very savory yet smooth flavor. Nutty with a bit of sweet tobacco on the exhale.

RY4 - Creamy smooth and ultra clean tobacco taste.

Malty - Taste kinda like cotton candy. I get a nice bite when I exhale through my nose.

EJoker - Tastes like RY4 with a bit of cinnamon and menthol.

14. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Now we are cookin:) Thanks Clutch~
    This thread will now become a sticky...
    We need descriptions of the fruit flavors too!!!!

15. ClutchMan

ClutchMan Super Member ECF Veteran

Cola - Really good! Actually tastes carbonated!

BlueBacko - Nice REAL blueberry flavor with clean tobacco.

Casablanca - To me this tastes just like a freshly opened pack of Camels smell. REALLY awesome!

Caramel Cappucino - Not big into coffee flavors, but this tastes JUST like cappucino. My girlfriend really likes this one.

16. sashwa

sashwa ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Strawberry - Tastes like a real strawberry and not a strawberry candy. I even get the fizz like you get when biting into a juicy strawberry.

Peach - This one also tastes like a juicy fresh peach and not a candy.

As I said about the Blueberry - I prefer BWB fruit juices fresh out of the mailer. Once they steep the fruit flavors seem to mellow out the taste a bit too much for me. This is why I normally order smaller sizes in the fruit juices.

17. bander68

bander68 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Waffle- waffle and syrup with a touch of butter. My favorite "sweet" vape.
    555 Exotic- awesome tobacco with a semi-sweet nuttiness. Hard to put this down.
    Espresso- a nice warm cup of strong coffee. Perfect with my morning cup.
    Blueberry- fresh picked blueberries, pop them in your mouth while you're picking them.

Those are the 4 flavors I have with me today. I'll add others when I change flavors.

18. Ruppy

Ruppy Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Hmmmmm ok

Backo- A smooth mild tobacco with a hint of sweetness. I find this best with a week+ of steeping.

Casablanca- A nice rich turkish tobacco ( I find a hint of cocoa after a few days of steeping) this flavor gets better with age. Some users report a peppery taste before steeping. Personally I never have tasted it. I can vape this happily out of the mailer.

Malty- To me this is a mild flavor. I personally get a slight hint of Cotton Candy from it. Fantastic out of the mail. Only gets better over time.

Malty Toffee- A tough flavor to describe. I almost get a chocolate taste from it ( but not exactly) Perhaps it is toffee but I really have nothing on my palatte to compare. I find it to be a smooth rich flavor with an almost "creamy" flavor. This flavor improves DRAMATICALLY over time. At 30 days plus it is much better IMO.

RY4- My absolute favorite juice. A robust tobacco with caramel and vanilla vape. It becomes alot more rich and deep after a good steeping.

Adirondack- A good tobacco flavor with a slight earthy note. When I hit a patch where my other tobaccos are not quite right I swap to Adirondack for a few days. Good from day one. Better after a week.

More flavors later Bluebacko, Mango, Blueberry, applewood, Peach, Rootbeer, hmmmmm I actually have every flavor I think :p

19. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Very AWESOME Ruppy...thanks, I was waiting for ya;)

20. TexasTucker

TexasTucker Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm going to do my best to describe some of these flavors that I revisited now that I have a decent mod...Of course, all of these descriptions are subjective. Current setup Provari@ 4.3-4.7v, Ikenvape io6 HV 2.9 Ohm atomizers, straight drip onto bridge of io6.

Casablanca- My personal favorite, some have described it as tasting the same way a freshly opened pack of smokes which I can somewhat taste. The tobacco is very smooth and rich (but not overpowering), the cocoa flavor is very present but doesn't make it overly sweet. Most tobacco blends I have ordered elsewhere have 1 overpowering flavor and you kind of just have to pretend the other flavors are there, but I love the recipe for this one. I preferred this juice straight out of the mail slightly more than after steeping, but I never tasted anything spicy or peppery as I've heard described. Very light red/tan liquid, good vapor, and superb taste.

Cola- While sipping a Coca Cola and vaping Don's Cola juice it is difficult to distinguish between the two tastes. This is as close as I can imagine to Coca-Cola, it has a nice sweet bite (almost makes it taste carbonated), mixes well with other flavors such as cherry, vanilla, and I tried a lemon-lime with it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Blueberry- In comparison to the other few blueberry juices I have tried this one has the most realistic, as well as most intense flavors. It is not overpowering at all, puts out massive plumes of tasty vapor, and also mixes well with fruit flavors.

Caramel Cappucino- This juice was a big surprise for me, I don't care for coffee drinks, but I really started enjoying this juice after a few sessions with it. The caramel and sweet notes are definitely there, but I taste more of the coffee bean flavor (good proportions). That being said, the coffee flavor seems to be very authentic and I've actually started drinking more coffee since I received it (now coffee makes me want to vape...)
    I think I remember someone recommending Ry4+Cappucino, and the coffee bite and slight bitterness really added something to the already difficult-to-describe Ry4.

Vanilla Bean- I had a hard time with this juice, I couldn't hardly taste it when mixed with something else or alone. I set it down, opting for other juices for a few weeks but when I came back to with with a VV mod and good atomizer it was pretty dang good. Very smooth, authentic vanilla bean taste. If you find this a little light for your taste, see how it is after a week or two!

Malty- Describing malty is a challenge, but I've read other descriptions comparing it to spun-sugar at the faire. I really couldn't put it in better words, it is a very very thick, clear light yellowish liquid that puts out more vapor than any other juice I have tried. It is a neutral sweet to me, kind of like how I would imagine a cotton-candy factory would smell without all the flavorings. Malty seems to mix well with most flavors to either mellow them out or add some sweetness and/or vapor production.

I'm not going to even try to describe eJokers or Ry4 other than noting that Ry4 tastes alot like eJoker's without the menthol icyness or cinnamon warmth to me. Very unique tasting liquid that has a ton of substance, and is extremely satisfying.

I was sitting here vaping all these flavors at 18mg as I was typing to try and describe it as best as I could...Once I wake up from this nic coma then I will post some personal descriptions of a few more (Dulce de Leche, and some others that are slipping my mind right now). Sorry for the novel that takes up half the page!