Tasty Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I am a firm believer in asking for what you want. However, as a business owner, who also sells on line, I tend to get a feeling about some people. The people who are overly demanding will often get blocked from buying from me. My items are too expensive to deal with people who are nickpicking everything. The few times I have not payed attention to the warning signs I have gotten burt. I don't sell guitars so that people can try them out for a while mess them up and send them back. I am in business to get people a guitar they will love and to make enough money to support my familly. I don't have time for people who are pain in the rear end. If they are a pain from day one they will probably stay that way.

Now if he was rude to you for no reason that isn't good business either. However, I don't blame an owner for screening his customers. It's very possible that in this case he was sensing something that may or may not have been there. I don't know about this case, but when they say the customer is always right, that applies to people who have paid. Not to ones who are being a pain before they have even ordered.

In this case he might have simply tried to scare this potential customer off, rather than deal with future problems.

Last edited:

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
OP actually has a great idea, TV doesn't sell samples but maybe they will if you're a FIRST time customer!! :) I'm gonna ask :2cool:

Neat-o! Then we'll hear from YOU next when they say "no" because they clearly state they do not do samples because they mix their juices fresh.

For cryin' out loud...

Hey, maybe if we all say we're first-time customers, TV will give us each a PONY...OMG!!! :laugh:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Lol, Geoff's people skills pretty much suck but his product and prices more than make up for it. Personally I'd rather get excellent stuff, for a good price, in a timely fashion, consistently than get talked nice to. I really prefer the "absolutely no discounts" policy. I'm assured that I got the best price that he is offering and that I'm not paying more because someone else negotiated some discount that he has to cover or that I'm paying more to subsidize coupon or "new customer" discounts.

I'm not sure how you do your business but my business would have profit targets that I need to meet. After that it's marketing ploys. There are no "discounts". Any "discount" is offset with higher prices or sacrificed quality elsewhere. If you give things like "new customer" discounts in your business I'm sure that you are charging elsewhere so you can afford to give those discounts. As a customer, I'd rather not have to put the effort into finding the "discounts" and just order confident that I'm getting the best price.

Windsage

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Florida
I am a firm believer in asking for what you want. However, as a business owner, who also sells on line, I tend to get a feeling about some people. The people who are overly demanding will often get blocked from buying from me. My items are too expensive to deal with people who are nickpicking everything. The few times I have not payed attention to the warning signs I have gotten burt. I don't sell guitars so that people can try them out for a while mess them up and send them back. I am in business to get people a guitar they will love and to make enough money to support my familly. I don't have time for people who are pain in the rear end. If they are a pain from day one they will probably stay that way.

Now if he was rude to you for no reason that isn't good business either. However, I don't blame an owner for screening his customers. It's very possible that in this case he was sensing something that may or may not have been there. I don't know about this case, but when they say the customer is always right, that applies to people who have paid. Not to ones who are being a pain before they have even ordered.

In this case he might have simply tried to scare this potential customer off, rather than deal with future problems.

Well said. I think what people do not think about is that different businesses are different. People who sell specialized knowledge or artistic talent do not price their work to compete with raw commodities.

Like a fine guitar, TV sells specialized work.

I believe there is an old saying that says "if you have to ask, you likely can't afford it". Geoff has excellent pricing on what I have found to be superior liquids. If you want a mass produced commodity you can import liquid very cheaply, but you won't get TV butter rum any cheaper anywhere else.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Well, I have been a long time e-cig owner and have been browsing these forums for a long time. However I have kept judgement to own experiences, as everyones (i found) is different.

I am a long term business owner in the UK, and now the US... and I have to say that the business acumen from this company is pretty bad.

Within my company, if i get anyone contacting me as a first time customer and prospective long term customer I treat them with the utmost care and attention as prospective customers.

I contacted Tasty Vapor and told them I was an E-Cig forum member and a long time e-cigarette user. I told them that a I wanted to order a certain flavor for my first time purchase and would be very happy, and a loyal customer if they could give me that purchase at the discounted 'Friday Special' price.

As a first time customer and potential long term customer, i would honor that and go ahead....

Well what I was greeted with was completely different..

Firstly I was given (on live support) Someone that had a completely different name compared to what the site name was displaying... then she told me basically that even as an e-cig member and potential customer... they were not prepared for that one offer introductory offer.

I then followed up with a phone call, to 'Jeff' who i believe is the owner of Tasty Vapor.

I explained to him the situation and he actually seemed quite hostile towards me... which i was very discussed with.

At the end of the day, I would have been quite happy ordering my first Tasty Vapor at a slightly discounted price for the first order, as they do not sell lower ML bottles..

and I probably would have been a loyal customer to them. However from the reception I received from 'Jeff', his wife and as a business point of view.. I will not be ordering from this company.

Just my point of view as a business man.

You're ...... because you think you deserve a discount? On what grounds? why are you special? They have a business to run, not a charity. everyone lies on the internet so why would you be any different. I would think a returning customer would get better care.. right?
:2c:

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford

Thats the exact same thing that I was thinking. I wouldn't want to deal with the OP in any business sense, tbh. There are just some people that aren't worth the headache.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
To the OP, it's "disgusted" not "discussed" and tasty vapor is cheap...they offer flavor of the week, if you do not want to pay $15 for 1 oz or for 4 oz, wait for flavor of the week and go for $10 for the 1 oz bottle. I don't understand why you expected less than the said price...it's ridiculous...would you go into a grocery store and offer 50 cents for a loaf of $2 bread just because you are new to that type of bread and want to give it a try? If you are weary of trying a new vendor, only buy one thing. Nuff said. Stated price is what I will pay, if I'm not willing to pay it, I go somewhere else. And it states very clearly on their price that they do not do discounts because they are cheap enough already...very clearly... You seriously thought that if you called somebody, even after seeing that on their site...that you would still get what you wanted!? I'm sorry, I'm very even-keeled on my mood and hold my temper well, but this is Tasty Vapor we are talking about HOW DARE YOU! (Ok, that was a joke, think "employee of the month" with the guy in the car yelling "how dare you) But seriously, and then to come here and flame them!?!?!?!? Hey, Geoff at Tasty Vapor, I still love your liquid and will always come back. Geoff does great business!

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Ok, I just read everybody else's stuff... First of all, WhereTF is my pony Geoff!?!?!?!?!?

Second of all, I actually think it's rude for companies to have discount codes that you have to search for because it's like this: If you are trying to sell me a product for $10 but offer a discount code for $5 off (if I'm lucky enough to find it) then you are taking advantage of people like me who DO pay stated prices, because you know 50% of people will not see it and will end up paying double for something. I actually think that it is totally AWESOME that tasty vapor charges a set amount, no hidden fees, no hidden discounts. Once again, I love my tasty vapor.

But since we are all in the mood to ask for things that we should never get, Geoff, I have 4 half bottles of doublers (and you know I bought 4 doublers and 4 1ouncers a couple of months ago...yes, I vaped...DAYUM! I vaped 300 mL in the last 2 months...wtf...wow, I am a bigger addict than I thought). Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some free refills!? You better do it or I may never come back again :wink: If you say no, I'll just call and harass you...what's your number?!?!?!?!? And I'll take some samplers, and a discount code, and don't forget my pony, I want mah effin' pony!

Ok, jokes aside, don't flame somebody for not doing something you ask when they clearly state they don't do favors. I'll leave it at that, I think we all get the picture!

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Thank you CJsKee, the people that have replied to this tread obviously aren't or haven't been successful business owners.

If you ask for a discount some where (which you always should, but most don't have the balls too) then 60% out of the time you will get that discount, and thats what you should all take on board... no matter whether it is Macys or Tasy Vapor.. if you don't ask... you don't get..

I'm not talking about Jeff telling me about the flavor I asked for ( that was after ) (That was a good point)
As soon soon i asked for the discount his tone changed, and it sounded like if we were in person we would be exchanging 'evil eyes' and no matter what business around the world you own.. that is not good business practice!

Actually sir , I think you do not realize that you are dealing with a forum full of successful business people. The average age on this forum is , well lets just say, mature.
Speaking as one that owned and ran a so called successful business for 20 + years , I have to say that your attitude is less then admirable.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
You have got to be kidding me.

Based on this, I don't think I'll ever order from TV again. He denied you a 5 dollar discount????!?!? How dare you Geoff!

C'mon now. Get over it. Your not going to find anyone who agrees your in the right here. So if you came here searching for us to validate your view point, you came to the wrong place. Sorry. Best of luck to ya tho!

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
Really? Just really? A mere $15 for a full 30 mL of juice that is blended after you place your order and you want a discount? Geoff even goes so far as to offer doublers to make your juice (and your money) stretch. I could understand asking for the discount but the product is nowhere near overpriced, especially when you consider the quality. Pointing out that the "screen name" differed from the name you were given as some sort of shady practice was off base. The person you chatted with has a screen name (as do most of us) and gave you their REAL name while chatting. Sheesh. Then after being told "no", you had the brass ones to call and ask again? You kinda deserved being snapped at when you weren't willing to hear "no" the first time. It is a small company so it isn't like you were dealing with a 16 year old mall rat when you spoke to someone the first time. Going "to the boss" really won't make a difference when the company has around- what is it- 5 employees?

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
This thread caught my attention from the main page... :confused:
I'm not a business owner myself, but i've worked at FutureShop (same compagny as BestBuy) in digital cameras and camcorders department for a couple years. I sold thousands of cameras...
Yes, some customers asked me if I could give them a discout for many reasons:
-Ohhh I never had a digital camera, can I have a discount?
-Look! i'm pregnant, can I get a discount?
-Don't you see that I only have one arm? You should give me a discount!

And guess what... none of them got a discount.
If you own a business, I guess you know that business owners don't want to go bankrupt... If you give a "special sweet and friendly personnalized discount" to a customer, everyone will want the same price.

I'll be honest, I did gave discounts to SOME customers. Why?
Because they were either returning costumers OR they were buying LOTS of stuff.

For me, discounts are for returning and loyal customers. These are the ones that keep a business alive. Of course, new customers are REALLY important but I think that returning customers are doing enough publicity for Tasty Vapor.
Why did I bought from Tasty Vapor? Because someone told me how good their juices are...
Why do many of my vapers friends are now buying from Tasty Vapor? Because I told them how good it is...
And it keeps going on like that...

I can't really comment about Geoff being "rude" with you since I didn't hear the conversation you got on the phone with him but, to be honest, I'm skeptical... (but i'm not calling you a liar, just to make it clear). Tasty Vapor got one of the best (if not THE best) customer service on the market. Why? Because Geoff is mixing juices for US. He had the choice to keep his juices for him and his friends, but he decided to share it with us just so we don't go back to nasty analogs...
(He wrote it on the forum, just don't remember where)

Seriously, I strongly suggest you to forget and go on... if you don't buy from TV, that's your choice, but you're defenitely missing something.

Anyway, these were just my 2 cents.

Happy vaping everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread