Taxman Heading to the Oval Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Sin taxes are a normal part of the 'political business' if you tax the sinners and let the 'good' folks off the hook, the sun shines and the birds sing.
If you decide that a general tax is a better solution, beware the coming storm.
So, guess which way the tax hammer falls.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Sin taxes are a normal part of the 'political business' if you tax the sinners and let the 'good' folks off the hook, the sun shines and the birds sing.
If you decide that a general tax is a better solution, beware the coming storm.
So, guess which way the tax hammer falls.

They are a criminal act with obvious repercussions to everyone.

Non smokers loved the cig tax.
Never once thinking it would guarantee the state would become dependent on smokers.

Now the same people want to tax e cigs......
Hmmmmmm

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

Never once thinking it would guarantee the state would become dependent on smokers.

Hmmmmmm

"Democracy" at work, two wolves and a sheep voting what's for dinner! :p

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas

Hmmmmmm

Or whatever thing that does not cost them anything. They love it when other folks pay their way.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Or whatever thing that does not cost them anything. They love it when other folks pay their way.

But it DOES cost them.
The high health costs of smokers (guaranteed to smoke thanks to the tax money dependence) is placed on non smokers.

The high health costs are the main reason they were convinced to vote for a "sin tax" on cigarettes.

They got conned.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC

Hmmmmmm
Yeah that's called the "as long as it doesn't affect me" tax.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Drop in tobacco sales, lets gain it back with outragous tax on vape products, well done John Kasich..

2wbw0mc.jpg

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Let's see how Johnny Football pans out. The Browns are pretty notorious for choosing the wrong college QB standout :|
I loved Jared Lorenzo or however his name is spelled. He was like big Ben but a few more more steaks eaten. I am a kentucky fan and used to play football against highlands growing up and some relatives that lived in ft thomas so I am somewhat biased. To bad he tanked.

I like to think that my monthly emails to my reps here in ohio have something to do with this. When elections roll around and I get the door to door from some candidates, I always bring up vaping and my views in it. I had a nice 45 minute discussion with a few that wanted to put signs in my yard. I am sure it has a small impact, but if all of us would do that. Who knows what would happen. All I know is we are taxed enough in everything we do. There is no reason to tax us more.

Reactions: roxynoodle

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Ya'll need to move to KC, our stadiums are class venues and paid for 10X over, no one gives vapers the evil eye, in fact they just say hello! Beer is 6% and cheap, lowest gas prices in the Midwest, as are the ciggies. And the BBQ is tops. No Ecig tax!!...Well Kansas will have but I will just cross the bridge for a local B&M if I need to.

But sorry keep Johnny Football! View attachment 468523
I would move to kansas. It is my next favorite blue team. Love the Jayhawks but the wildcats was born into my blue blood.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I loved Jared Lorenzo or however his name is spelled. He was like big Ben but a few more more steaks eaten. I am a kentucky fan and used to play football against highlands growing up and some relatives that lived in ft thomas so I am somewhat biased. To bad he tanked.

I like to think that my monthly emails to my reps here in ohio have something to do with this. When elections roll around and I get the door to door from some candidates, I always bring up vaping and my views in it. I had a nice 45 minute discussion with a few that wanted to put signs in my yard. I am sure it has a small impact, but if all of us would do that. Who knows what would happen. All I know is we are taxed enough in everything we do. There is no reason to tax us more.

I've also been writing quite a few emails to elected officials, and letting them know that vaping is important enough to me that I will cross party lines over this one issue on election day.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Well brace yourselves! Here in Totoland they passed a bill raising the cig tax 65 cents IIRC but that bothers me none as I do not smoke anymore, but the Ecig tax does, effective July 1 2016 we will be hit with a 20 cents per ml tax.

Where there is money to be had, it will be had...the only thing government does well!:facepalm:

Won't be the only one . Italy in the EU has them too and in various other countries backbenchers are making noises about taxing e-cigs/liquids well.

Doesn't come as a surprise. Federal, state, communal level, almost every administration across the globe is neckdeep in debt.
And they're hooked on $$$ worse then we are on nic.
Rake from tobacco and MSA payments is dwindling. So you get financially punished for doing what the ANTZ been telling you to do all the time : quit smoking.

Dammned if you do, dammed if you don't ...

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Won't be the only one . Italy in the EU has them too and in various other countries backbenchers are making noises about taxing e-cigs/liquids well.

Doesn't come as a surprise. Federal, state, communal level, almost every administration across the globe is neckdeep in debt.
And they're hooked on $$$ worse then we are on nic.
Rake from tobacco and MSA payments is dwindling. So you get financially punished for doing what the ANTZ been telling you to do all the time : quit smoking.

Dammned if you do, dammed if you don't ...
Right on!...I sense a civil war is on the horizon, I better move from the vape station to the reloading bench, may as well get the grand kids involved too!:D
loading1.jpg
images (11).jpg

Reactions: DrMA

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Ya'll need to move to KC, our stadiums are class venues and paid for 10X over, no one gives vapers the evil eye, in fact they just say hello! Beer is 6% and cheap, lowest gas prices in the Midwest, as are the ciggies. And the BBQ is tops. No Ecig tax!!...Well Kansas will have but I will just cross the bridge for a local B&M if I need to.

But sorry keep Johnny Football! View attachment 468523
Oh, really? At the Royals game last Thursday I was admonished by an usher for vaping in my seat and told that I could vape only in a designated smoking area.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Oh, really? At the Royals game last Thursday I was admonished by an usher for vaping in my seat and told that I could vape only in a designated smoking area.
Actually I was referring to the people in general not the "K"...The mention of the stadiums was in regards to a different comment made in re of Cinncinati's stadium. It was sort of a tongue and cheek comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread