TC for me, and not going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
You mean that you're just using factory coils?

I rebuild those (see in my blog for Atlantis family, I have a link to the thread where I show how to rebuild them), and the rebuilds are 10x better than the factory ones.

But that said, I rebuild them for the tanks "on the go" where building a deck isn't feasible.

But more and more, I've been switching to RTAs, and the cartridge coil tanks have been sitting on my desk for quite a while, and same with my wife and daughter's tanks that since I've got them some RTAs (which of course, I'm the one that does the building for them), they barely ever touch these old tanks now.

So all this to say: yes, absolutely, between the factory coils/cartridge tanks and RTAs, it's a huge difference, a "next" level.

The learning curve is actually not that bad, but may consider it "scary" at first.

If you want more info, check my blog, I've done some instructions/guides for coils and wicking.

yes that's right, so far have only ever used factory coils..

Kanger 1.2 ohm SSOCC, Kanger CLOCC 1.0 ohm, Joyetech CLR 1.0 ohm, Joyetech MTL nickel 0.25 ohm, joyetech SS0.6/1.0, Mini triton nickel 0.15, Vaporshark Nickel 0.3 Nautilus, Vaporshark Nickel 0.15 Kanger BDC, Kanger BDC 1.2/1.5/1.8, Aspire Nautilus 1.6/1.8, Smok Brit Mini 0.6/1.2, Smok Micro 1.2
Cloud:
Innokin Isub BVC Various, Joyetech Ornate 0.2 triple coil, Aspire atlantis mega 1.0 (very underrated).

Basically those are the coils i consider in the "decent" category, i have tried lots more, including resistance variations of the ones above, but i consider those "bad" hence not listed (eg the aspire nautilus X 1.5, or the nautilus bvc 0.7, or the smok 0.6 for spirals, and so on).

With the MTL coils listed, i need 36mg to get any sort of TH, including the 0.15 nickel coils

If there's any deck out there *specifically* made for MTL and throat hit, where i can build temp sensing coils (preferably SS), i would like to try it.

I am indeed afraid as I have shaky hands and a bad back and i'd have to sit over a table for a certain time to do it, but it's like my throat has become more and more desensitised over the last 3 years regarding TH.. so anything that can help, i'm now willing to try. Will definitely check out your blog, thank you

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Building issues aside, your "throat hit" question is more affected by the amount of pg in your juice. Higher pg equates to higher throat hit. I vape 70% vg because high pg bothers me. It you want a higher throat hit consider changing your juice. I used to vape more 50/50 and got more throat hit but in my case it caused dehydration as pg will suck the water out of you. It affects some people more than others.
even 100 PG 36mg doesn't sustain the TH i require (that of an unfiltered cigarette).. I get 3 or 4 hits per hour that i feel it, then it just "goes away" till i break for a few hours! If there is any drinks that can help, any tips, i'll try them! I do find not having a dry throat helps a bit.. maybe I will try some chamomile tea instead of water

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
even 100 PG 36mg doesn't sustain the TH i require (that of an unfiltered cigarette).. I get 3 or 4 hits per hour that i feel it, then it just "goes away" till i break for a few hours! If there is any drinks that can help, any tips, i'll try them! I do find not having a dry throat helps a bit.. maybe I will try some chamomile tea instead of water
Water with a slide or two of lemon, lime or any citrus can do wonders.

Reactions: Vesh

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
yes that's right, so far have only ever used factory coils..

Kanger 1.2 ohm SSOCC, Kanger CLOCC 1.0 ohm, Joyetech CLR 1.0 ohm, Joyetech MTL nickel 0.25 ohm, joyetech SS0.6/1.0, Mini triton nickel 0.15, Vaporshark Nickel 0.3 Nautilus, Vaporshark Nickel 0.15 Kanger BDC, Kanger BDC 1.2/1.5/1.8, Aspire Nautilus 1.6/1.8, Smok Brit Mini 0.6/1.2, Smok Micro 1.2
Cloud:
Innokin Isub BVC Various, Joyetech Ornate 0.2 triple coil, Aspire atlantis mega 1.0 (very underrated).

Basically those are the coils i consider in the "decent" category, i have tried lots more, including resistance variations of the ones above, but i consider those "bad" hence not listed (eg the aspire nautilus X 1.5, or the nautilus bvc 0.7, or the smok 0.6 for spirals, and so on).

With the MTL coils listed, i need 36mg to get any sort of TH, including the 0.15 nickel coils

If there's any deck out there *specifically* made for MTL and throat hit, where i can build temp sensing coils (preferably SS), i would like to try it.

I am indeed afraid as I have shaky hands and a bad back and i'd have to sit over a table for a certain time to do it, but it's like my throat has become more and more desensitised over the last 3 years regarding TH.. so anything that can help, i'm now willing to try. Will definitely check out your blog, thank you

Even with shaking hands, if you pick a good tank with a large deck, you might not find it too bad an experience.

I can recommend the Billow V3, as it's a 2 post (Velocity) deck that's one of the largest (unless you go with a 24-25mm size tank) that is fairly easy to wick.

Reactions: Vesh

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Anyone deal with Lightning Vape ? They have 100' of 26 for $ 4.75 and 100' of 28 for $ 3.96. Seems really cheap.
I used their wire since I started RMO until I started TC not too long ago.
It's good and cheap and they ship fast.

I found I like SS430 better than 316L though.

I got my 26g & 24g SS430 from zivipf.com

I used twisted 28g from Unk for a while but bigger gauge single strand suits me better.

the zivipf 24g TCR is right on the money @ .00138
The Unk 28g TCR is also ROTM @ .00138
I haven't tested the 26g yet but zivipf is top shelf so I bet it's also ROTM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazinny

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I used their wire since I started RMO until I started TC not too long ago.
It's good and cheap and they ship fast.

I found I like SS430 better than 316L though.

I got my 26g & 24g SS430 from zivipf.com

I used twisted 28g from Unk for a while but bigger gauge single strand suits me better.

the zivipf 24g TCR is right on the money @ .00138
The Unk 28g TCR is also ROTM @ .00138
I haven't tested the 26g yet but zivipf is top shelf so I bet it's also ROTM.
Thank You ! What may i ask did you like better about the 430 over 316 ? Also how much was the shipping charge from Germany ?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
430 is more accurate

wire.jpg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Where does everyone order SS wire from ? I usually order kanthal from Temco, but their SS wire in 26g and 28g is back ordered for three months !?

I went onto the temco site to look for wire and ya...3 month backorder really sucked for stainless. Their site too is awful slow. I have never vaped any wire other than temco kanthal wire. Geekvape stainless in a prize win very recently. I ordered Lightening vapes off ebay, got me some 250 foot spools(only a couple bucks more than 100' spool) of both 34 SS and 34 kanthal for clapton wraps plus assortment of 100' stainless gauges. Just for kicks I bid on a 100' roll of 32 nickle and won it for 82 cents. I've had no time in the last week to drive down to the states to pick up my parcels so I can't say if I made a good purchase. Never-the-less I should have enough wire that should keep up with if not outlast my 500' box of rayon.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I went onto the temco site to look for wire and ya...3 month backorder really sucked for stainless. Their site too is awful slow. I have never vaped any wire other than temco kanthal wire. Geekvape stainless in a prize win very recently. I ordered Lightening vapes off ebay, got me some 250 foot spools(only a couple bucks more than 100' spool) of both 34 SS and 34 kanthal for clapton wraps plus assortment of 100' stainless gauges. Just for kicks I bid on a 100' roll of 32 nickle and won it for 82 cents. I've had no time in the last week to drive down to the states to pick up my parcels so I can't say if I made a good purchase. Never-the-less I should have enough wire that should keep up with if not outlast my 500' box of rayon.
They have an eBay account and sell wire there. I have purchased from them before. temco ss wire | eBay temco_industrial(110,292) 100%

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Thank You for all the responses.

They have an eBay account and sell wire there. I have purchased from them before. temco ss wire | eBay temco_industrial(110,292) 100%
For some reason 26g wire is really expensive there. 4 times as much as their 28g and 24g wire. Supply and demand i suppose !?

Reactions: Foggy Road

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thank You for all the responses.

For some reason 26g wire is really expensive there. 4 times as much as their 28g and 24g wire. Supply and demand i suppose !?
I honesty don't know. I got a couple rolls of 28g kanthal a while back. I don't know what's a good price for wire and Temco is quality I guess. I usually spend less than 5 dollars for 100 feet and I only get 26 to 30g. I do remember paying a bit more for Temco though.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I honesty don't know. I got a couple rolls of 28g kanthal a while back. I don't know what's a good price for wire and Temco is quality I guess. I usually spend less than 5 dollars for 100 feet and I only get 26 to 30g. I do remember paying a bit more for Temco though.
Thank You. I am very familiar with Temco, although i always ordered direct and always Kanthal. Never ordered from their Ebay account. Their prices are usually very reasonable.

The price for 50' of 26g on their Ebay account is $19.80. You can get ( if not on back-order ) 500' on their site for much less than that.

I will order from Lightning Vape for now, thanks.

Reactions: Bonskibon

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Been tc'ing since the early days, what a time to start vaping, apart from a few months of kanthal bs watts mode fiddling, I have been tc'ing most of my vape career, and you couldn't pay me to go backwards to the up/down fiddly bs of Watts mode...

Been on 26g 316 since that came out and mods supported it (after 26g Ni, then skipped over Ti), and now thinking about playing with 430...not that I've had any issues because I build knowing the 316 wires caveats, but well..430 for playing :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread