Teach me about genises types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellybelly

Sep 29, 2015
It's the nichrome. I know some people really like it. I don't like it at all. Bummer, because it's easier to wrap a coil with it than kanthal.

Builds with nichrome have a lower resistance than kanthal. And i have observed with my own setups--that if my resistance is too low, gennys cook my juice too much. Mind you, i use mechs only. If you run a dual coil, with a lower resistance--the coils do not get as hot. And i like a dual-coil now and then.

I have Nectars that i'm playing around with.( Avocados are still in-transit. ) 5/4 28g kan on a 2.5mm bit gives me 0.7Ω. My u-wick was only ~25mm wide. I find that my juice tastes 'off' after about half a tank. So i will prolly roll 35mm of mesh, and add a wrap.

U-wick for Avocado--cut it on the bias, or get diagonal-cut mesh. u-wicks are a bit of a pain-in-the-..... I found that adjusting its elbows gets rid of the hot legs. Good Luck!!
Could you explain a little more in detail or show a picture of what you mean with cutting the wick on the bias for the avocado.

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
image.jpg
image.jpg

First pic--straight edge is at a 45 degree angle to the grain of the mesh.

In the second pic--straight edge is parallel to the grain.

Cutting the mesh like the first pic will allow you to form the mesh wick into a 'U' shape--for the Avocado.

Kidney Puncher sells mesh cut on the bias--diagonal-cut mesh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread