Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Is repair service still available for the iPro? I am getting no lights at all.
Removed the top cap and all connections are secure. I am 99% sure it needs to be sent into the buzzpital.

batteries charged ?? Yes, they work in my other iPro
Take off the atty /carto first: YES
Do you have a RED LED light ? NO
DO you have a Blue Led light when the button is pushed. NO
DO you have a Blue led with the ATTY/CARTO ON the unit ? NO
Do you have BOTH red and Blue led lights ? NO
Do you get a blue led with the atty/carto ON but no vapor ? NO

Last edited:

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Oh no :( If the pcb is dead, then no...there are no more replacement parts left. Did you try the alcohol soak to see if a good gut cleaning might revive it? Clean the bottom cap and tube threads?

the threads on the bottom cap are delrin. I made sure the base of the body is clean, and tried both bottom caps. I guess it is time to buy a new ecig... I remember Buzzkill mentioning some parts on hand, was not sure if they were all gone... this is my 2nd failed PCB in this ipro in about 18months I have had it.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hmmm, that's a great question! The IPro came out long before rebuildable coils, and we recommend that you use 2.0ohm or higher resistance. The better question would perhaps be amp limit, which is 2amp on the IPro if I recall.

Probably not the best idea to use it if you are trying to get into cloud chasing I'm afraid. Especially with the IPro being discontinued, we have no parts left for them if repair is needed.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's true! I have to admit that I don't know anything about building coils, and what resistance is normal or achievable when wrapping, but I would try to stay as close to 1.5 and above if possible for the IPro. As I said, it's really a matter of how many amps you are trying to draw and if the older type of PCB can handle it.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread