Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
Sorry - just saw this thread after I cluttered the forum with this post:

Hey all,

I love my Infinity Pro but have been having a small problem with it recently. Basically, I use exclusively cartos, and the connection (510) feels a bit loose. The carto will wobble a bit, and it doesn't always hit the connector. I know the power is on, and if I just adjust it slightly it hits fine, but sometime the connection is so lose the carto can actually come off. I am usually using Boge 3.0s, occasionally some dual cartos. The Boges are what it is the biggest problem with, and seems to get worse during a carto's life.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this has been answered before - I tried to take a quick look.

Thanks.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
It's ok that you posted outside of this thread Swigger, maybe you'll get twice the answers lol. Answer a few questions for us so we can get a better idea here :)

So is this a new problem that just started recently?
Have you checked to make sure the top cap screw is snug?
Did this start happening with a new batch of cartos?
Does your IPro blue light come on but no vapor is you screw the carto down where it doesn't wobble?

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey, I got my Buzz Pro in Feb. It's worked fine until today... out of the blue it just won't vape. I have the red light showing it's getting power, the batteries are fully charged (both sets I tried) and the bottom cap/spring is in perfect condition. I went through about a 1 month phase where I stopped using my Buzz on a daily basis when I was using my bottom feeder a bit more often. Then about 2 weeks ago I feel back in love with my Buzz and have been using it a lot more. I've dropped it one time on a carpet... but that was about 3 weeks ago. I HAVE noticed since that one drop that the dial hasn't been as easy to turn. I've contacted Notcigs and asked about getting my mod repaired. I've looked it over and can't detect anything obvious that's wrong...other than the dial issue. But if the dial taking a hit, even a soft carpet hit, could damage her... that might be the cause. I'm bummed.. I haven't even had this mod for that long and I've tried to be careful. I had a glass drop-tip on her when I dropped it and the glass tip didn't get damaged. It SEEMED like a soft hit but who knows... maybe I dropped it at the worst angle possible to do maximum damage? I hope I can get it fixed. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks guys:(

Also, I've used my Buzz with multiple cartos, with and without adapter... and they all fit perfect but won't work. I used it all morning and it was vaping perfectly... when it stopped I assumed it was the batteries, re-charged and then.. nothing. But in another set of batts... still nothing. Changed cartos, still nothing. All with the red LED beaming at me through the dial-slot. I'm at a loss.

*I got her working.. seems I might have a loose wire under my top-cap. With some fiddling I can get it to work for now but I think it needs to go in for a check-up.

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Hey, I got my Buzz Pro in Feb. It's worked fine until today... out of the blue it just won't vape. I have the red light showing it's getting power, the batteries are fully charged and the bottom cap/spring is in perfect condition. I went through about a 1 month phase where I stopped using my Buzz on a daily basis when I was using my bottom feeder a bit more often. Then about 2 weeks ago I feel back in love with my Buzz and have been using it a lot more. I've dropped it one time on a carpet... but that was about 3 weeks ago. I HAVE noticed since that one drop that the dial hasn't been as easy to turn. I've contacted Notcigs and asked about getting my mod repaired. I've looked it over and can't detect anything obvious that's wrong...other than the dial issue. But if the dial taking a hit, even a soft carpet hit, could damage her... that might be the cause. I'm bummed.. I haven't even had this mod for that long and I've tried to be careful. I had a glass drop-tip on her when I dropped it and the glass tip didn't get damaged. It SEEMED like a soft hit but who knows... maybe I dropped it at the worst angle possible to do maximum damage? I hope I can get it fixed. If not, I'll buy one of the new Buzz Pro 2s and be more careful. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks guys:(

Update: Also, I've used my Buzz with multiple cartos, with and without adapter... and they all fit perfect. I used it all morning and it was vaping perfectly... when it stopped I assumed it was the batteries, re-charged and then.. nothing. But in another set of batts... still nothing. Changed cartos, still nothing. All with the red LED beaming at me through the dial-slot. I'm at a loss.
Batteries charged ?? ( use a voltmeter if you have one , they should read 4.2 volts each )
Take off the atty /carto first
Do you have a RED LED light ?
DO you have a Blue Led light when the button is pushed.
DO you have a Blue led with the ATTY/CARTO ON the unit ?
Do you have BOTH red and Blue led lights ?
Do you get a blue led with the atty/carto ON but no vapor ?

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
ALl I have is the red LED light in the dial area. And as I stated above, I tried two sets of full charged batteries. I got it working... I think I have a loose wire connection in the cap. I can get it to work by fiddling with it a bit.... but this isn't a quick "I can fix it at home issue".. not for me at least. I'm just glad I figured out what was wrong with it! It seems to be working best right now with a tightly screwed in 501 adapter. But it won't work with two adapters and when I use an 801 directly it works most of the time and then will stop.... I unscrew it, screw it back in a couple of times and the it's working again. After talking to my technically-gifted friend on ECF he thought it was a loose wire under the top cap. It seems logical. It's odd that I'd have a loose wire so quickly... I've only had my Buzz since Feb.. But it sounds like a quick, easy fix. Ill wait for a reply to my inquiry at NicCIgs and go from there....
but at least I have her working... most of the time:)
Thanks for the suggestions/attempt to help:) Jess

Last edited:

buckerbie

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Northern CA
Having a couple of problems with my Buzz Pro... I noticed a few days ago that my cartos (510 Boge SR and LR) were not tightening properly on the BP. I tried cleaning the threads on both the top cap and the cartos but they still wouldn't fit all the way down. Last night it got to point where some of my cartos were not screwing on at all. I tried tightening down the top screw but no luck. Long story short, I tried to remove the top cap and broke the ring connector (not the actual wire). Since I lent out my backup PV to a co-worker, I decided to try to solder the ring connector back together as a temporary fix until I could send the Buzz to Mike for repair. Although the connector is "fixed" for now, the top cap threads seems to be the problem and I can't screw on any cartos. Is there anything else I can do before sending the Buzz back for repair? Do I just download the RMA form and mail the Buzz to Mike?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yes Buck, print out the RMA form and send it in.

You are not the only one having issues with the boges right now and I suspect it's not your 510 cap, but funky threads on the cartos. I'm in the same boat with a pack of boges, my solution is a 510 to 510 adapter. The molding process on making cartos is not consistant :(

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
It's ok that you posted outside of this thread Swigger, maybe you'll get twice the answers lol. Answer a few questions for us so we can get a better idea here :)

So is this a new problem that just started recently?

I've had my IPro (sounds like an Apple product) for a few months - I bought it in the forums here and it was totally fine in the beginning. Still very usable now. I can't say exactly when it's started, but it's gotten progressively worse.

Have you checked to make sure the top cap screw is snug?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. I know the top cap - I've been hesitant to mess around with it too much, but as of now it is as tight as it will go. By the screw, do you mean the one on the outside above the wheel, or the one on the top?

Did this start happening with a new batch of cartos?

I use Boge 3.0 95% of the time. I do occasionally use some clear dual coils, which actually tend to fit fine. The Boges will slip right out if I hold the device upside down. Like I said, they seem to do a bit better when perfectly new than after a few hours of use. Thought it might not be grabbing the 'tracks', so did a fairly thorough cleaning of the visible area of the top cap.

Does your IPro blue light come on but no vapor is you screw the carto down where it doesn't wobble?

If I get it into the right spot (no wobbling, but sometimes requires holding in place with a finger) it works totally fine.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
An adapter is always a good recommendation, and as Bov said there is just huge carto manufacturing variability out there. Basically I get better results with adapters, and if something does get hosed I'm only out an adapter instead of doing an RMA.

Search for a shorty 510 extender. I use native 808/901 connectors, so on my adapters I add just a little JB weld to the center hole on an unsealed adapter, resulting in a sealed adapter -- this prevents any eliquid from getting onto the top cap screw (not your problem, but preventing a leak path is good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread