Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckerbie

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Northern CA
Yes Buck, print out the RMA form and send it in.

You are not the only one having issues with the boges right now and I suspect it's not your 510 cap, but funky threads on the cartos. I'm in the same boat with a pack of boges, my solution is a 510 to 510 adapter. The molding process on making cartos is not consistant :(

Thanks Bov. I think you are right about the threads on the boges... Unfortunately, I think I ended up stripping the threads in the top cap in the process. I just pulled out one of my OLD egos to use as a backup and all of the cartos thread on fine.

I am going to order some 510 to 510 adapters. Do you use the sealed ones?

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yes Buck, the sealed ones are the safest bet to keep juice from getting down in the top cap screw area. Mark explained it perfectly.

Swigger, are you going to try using an adapter as well? And yes I was talking about the screw in the middle of the top cap. The one on the side above the dial is the ground screw.

Swigger14

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Boston
Yes Buck, the sealed ones are the safest bet to keep juice from getting down in the top cap screw area. Mark explained it perfectly.

Swigger, are you going to try using an adapter as well? And yes I was talking about the screw in the middle of the top cap. The one on the side above the dial is the ground screw.

I will probably try that. Ideally, the screw would be as tight (far down) as possible, correct? I took a look and I can adjust it with a Phillips head, it looks like.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Crap, it went dead on me again. Crap! OK, I guess I'm going to have to take your advice and take off the top cap. I'll read the instructions. I haven't heard back from Notcigs.. I left a message with them about my unit yesterday. Maybe tomorrow. I think I should just send her in....I would hate to damage it more somehow. But I'll go over the instructions and see how tricky it looks. Thanks.... boo-hoo... and I thought I had her back!

J are you comfortable with taking the top cap off? If so, follow the directions in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/notcigs/110719-replacing-top-cap-buzz.html and see if the screw under the top cap is holding the wire and ring terminal and is screwed in. Don't over tighten. Let us know...

UPDATE! Ok, I unscrewed the top cap and everything looked perfect in there (no loose wires, everything looked connected properly)..so I screwed the cap back on and now it's working again. But this happened before... so I'm not convinced it will continue to work. But for the moment it is at least:)

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
J, if it goes south again then I would RMA it. It could have a loose solder joint in it after it's tumble, especially since it made your dial harder to turn.

I sure thought I answered your ticket thru the Notcigs "Contact Us" but I only referred you back to this thread until we saw if it was user fixable.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Hey.. do you work for Notcigs? Ohhhh... I didn't know that! Cool! Makes sense... but I thought you were just a big Buzz fan like the rest of us:) But not, I didn't get a response. And it goes on and then off within minutes now. I don't think I should touch it anymore. Each time I take the cap off and re-screw it in the working time decreases. I'm at dow_jessica@yahoo.com. I'll edit that out later, not that I'm worried about it. it's my public e-mail addy for my business so I'm over-run with spam mail anyway. But yeah, I think I did something to it with that drop. Mark made the dial easier to turn my fooling with it a bit but I don't think that fixed the internal issue (obviously). Just let me know how to send her in and how I pay for repair charges. Thanks:)

J, if it goes south again then I would RMA it. It could have a loose solder joint in it after it's tumble, especially since it made your dial harder to turn.

I sure thought I answered your ticket thru the Notcigs "Contact Us" but I only referred you back to this thread until we saw if it was user fixable.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I put the screw on voltage meter on my Buzz Pro and no matter how high I turned the wheel up it read 3.29. I put in freshly charged batteries and it is still the same. I tried the meter on my OB and the meter works fine. Could the middle screw just not be making contact well with the meter? It works fine and getting tons of vapor so not a big issue just wondering

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hi All,
I have a Buzz Pro I got in January, and I seem to be having a button issue. I sent an email to notcigs this morning, but since I think I have pinpointed the problem. Whats going on, is my B Pro is firing inconsistently. I removed the top adaptor last night to check it out, and noticed the screw that connects the red wire to the adapter was very loose. I tightened it a little, because it looks like it is designed to be a little loose to prevent the wire from twisting when the adapter is screwed in and out. No change.

Then after sending the email to Mike, I looked at some images of B Pros on the site, I think my button has pushed back in a bit. I'm used to firing it with my thumb, and have noticed when I use my index finger, it fires more consistently. Is there a DIY fix for this so I don't have to bother Mike and crew with it, and be without my baby for a week? I'm not into jamming a micro screwdriver in there and start prying on things without checking first.

Thanks

Chris

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Thanks Bovinia. Sorry I originally posted this in the regular forum before seeing the Tech thread. I couldn't delete my post, but managed to change it into a poll. :)

If Mike says just prying it out will work, I'm game. I just didn't want to poke around inside too much without some guidance.

BTW, best ecig ever.

Digdug610

Apr 19, 2012
Las vegas
Hi, just got my buzzpro yesterday,yay! But after 1 hr it stopped working. I got the red light, and blue light when activated. But nothing. Is there an indicator as to when its low batt? And how long do these batteries last after a full batt charge? Ive unscrewed the topcap and dont see any issues as far as my eyes can see. Thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread