Tell me what the deal with this clearomizer is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So I might have been talked into a tank I don't really need. I had been happy with my t3s and evod on my ego twist but last weekend I broke my t3s on some tile floor and went to this new brick or mortar I've found in Raleigh and he convinced me instead of a t3s to go with this vapeonly dual coil because the dual coils would help me with the clouds I told him I wanted! Now I can't find a single review about one of these here and I tried vaping a few times and was intensely disappointed! But then my batt died because I didn't charge it over night! So now I'm waiting to charge but in the mean time have been trying to research my new toy and can't find a thing! Any tips reviews advice on my first non kanger tank would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if matters but the tank also says ce5-s
ry2uvu6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
So I might have been talked into a tank I don't really need. I had been happy with my t3s and evod on my ego twist but last weekend I broke my t3s on some tile floor and went to this new brick or mortar I've found in Raleigh and he convinced me instead of a t3s to go with this vapeonly dual coil because the dual coils would help me with the clouds I told him I wanted! Now I can't find a single review about one of these here and I tried vaping a few times and was intensely disappointed! But then my batt died because I didn't charge it over night! So now I'm waiting to charge but in the mean time have been trying to research my new toy and can't find a thing! Any tips reviews advice on my first non kanger tank would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if matters but the tank also says ce5-s
ry2uvu6a.jpg

Well, first off, I have two batteries...to assure I am never without...but I cannot advise you on what to chose..but I like the clearomizer cause I can see when I am running out of juice..and refill when required...the carts not so much.

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Hey there flames,
Ran across this:
https://www.canvape.com/product-p/voasp1.8sd.htm

What kind of battery are you using?
Not 100% sure, but the duals may want more voltage to fire both coils properly.
If you have a VV battery, you may want to up the voltage, that may help.

"Dual coil cartomizers seem to be all the rage lately but there is some confusion on how they actually work.

A dual coil carto consists of two coils of the same resistance. They are wired in parallel so the total resistance is half the resistance of either coil.
For example:
The total resistance of the 1.5ohm dual coil is 1.5ohms, but the resistance of either coil it contains is 3ohms. Both coils are actually 3.0ohms individually, together they are not 6.0, they are 1.5ohms

A 1.5ohm carto at 3.7V would be drawing 3.7/1.5=2.47 amps. But the single coil is burning at 3.7^2 / 1.5 = 9.13 Watts, while each coil of a dual coil 1.5ohm carto is burning at (3.7^2/1.5) / 2 = 4.57 watts. You are spliting the power between the two coils.
Although you can certainly get away with it, a 3.7v device is not ideal for a DC cartoi, you should use a 4.5v or better."

Not sure if this helps. Might explain the battery usage.
If you are happy with the T3s or the Evod BCC,
:2c:
I would stick with those.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hey, fellow Raleighite! (Yeah, I know my location says Cary...don't judge me. :p)

The "CE5-s" annotation is actually very important, as that is what tells what head it is using. It's the same head that goes in the Aspire BDC tanks. I was able to find reviews on the Vapeonly BDC CE5-s that you have, but they were in German, Spanish, or French. Luckily, I speak French, so I watched that review, and in that review, the lady compared it to an EVOD, which is similar to your old Kanger T3s. The BDC works in much the same way that the T3s works as far as filling and basic design. The difference is in the head itself. The coils are not exposed to the juice directly, like the T3s, but rather it operates like a punched carto would in a tank. The coil is encased in a tube that has 2 holes that allow the juice to flow in. Of course, there is also the fact that there are 2 coils. Also, the BDC CE5-s also has a removable drip tip that can be replaced with any standard drip tip of your choosing, which is kinda nice.

Here is a review by pbusardo of the Aspire BDC, which is a just a CE5-s, but in a larger tank format. He does an in-depth tear down of the head assembly, so that should give you a better idea of what it looks like on the inside and how it works.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Not sure how to start thread... want to buy new mod any
ideas

Welcome to ECF. Look at the top of the page when you are in the New Members subforum. There is a big blue button on the left of the page under the ECF banner that says "+POST NEW THREAD." Click on that and post away. :)

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The battery usage was just because I forgot to charge and I've lived in Cary so no judgement passed! Well I was happy with my tanks but I wanted those clouds the guys who hang out in the vapor store are always having and with the evod I can get some thickness but nothing near their clouds so that's what I was hoping this would get me too! What is a drip tip?

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA
Have heard that the "clouds" come with a higher VG ratio,
or a mech mod and a rba.
The drip tip is a attachment to the clearo or atomo. Replaces the mouth piece....
Drip Tips attach to an atomizer replacing the cartridge.
The center is hollow allowing you to drip liquid directly into the atomizer without taking off the drip tip.

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So after playing with a few hours I've decided that it's just not for me vapor production is way less then I was expecting and it's a way way warmer vape then what I've gotten used to from my evod(both of these May be from user error or vaping habits so advice in either department would be awesome!) what is awesome is the flavor I had been using a tangerine soda that just that strong of taste in the evod but in this thing it's delicious. So more then likely I end up trying an mt3 or going back to my t3s. I will keep this one at home to savor flavors. If anyone could explain to me how to use this as a drip tip I could start getting in that and this purchase wouldn't be as much as a waste

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The battery usage was just because I forgot to charge and I've lived in Cary so no judgement passed! Well I was happy with my tanks but I wanted those clouds the guys who hang out in the vapor store are always having and with the evod I can get some thickness but nothing near their clouds so that's what I was hoping this would get me too! What is a drip tip?

The drip tip is the mouthpiece. On the EVOD, it is permanently attached, but on the BDC you now have, you have the option of removing the one that is included and using one that you might prefer.

Drip tips come in a variety of shapes, colors, and materials. Some styles are Ming, Vase, Pawn, whistle tip, etc. Materials include acrylic, Delrin (rubber), metal, or even hand blown glass. Here are some examples of drip tips:

20130305114517444.jpg

phiddlestick-drip-tips.jpg

teena-tips_zpsfce44425.jpg

Glass-E-Cigarette-Tanks-Drip-Tips-7.jpg

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
So after playing with a few hours I've decided that it's just not for me vapor production is way less then I was expecting and it's a way way warmer vape then what I've gotten used to from my evod(both of these May be from user error or vaping habits so advice in either department would be awesome!) what is awesome is the flavor I had been using a tangerine soda that just that strong of taste in the evod but in this thing it's delicious. So more then likely I end up trying an mt3 or going back to my t3s. I will keep this one at home to savor flavors. If anyone could explain to me how to use this as a drip tip I could start getting in that and this purchase wouldn't be as much as a waste

As RedNBlack said earlier, the only way to get massive clouds of vapor is with juice that is high in VG and running it through a large wick/coil with high voltage and low resistance. Personally, I find vapor production the least important factor in a good vape. I would much rather have a vape with good flavor and a satisfying punch.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA

Hi Flames!

So I have a question, and a little bit to add here.

First the question, Did the guy that sold this to you make big clouds from an identical clearo? If he did, then it is likely you need a more adjustable battery and/or a different juice to get the same effect.

As for the warmer vape, that is to be expected with a top coil clearo like the CE5. Your normal T3S clearo is a bottom coil clearo, which will always be a cooler vape. It's not user error, it's the design of the clearo. With a top coil clearo, like the CE5, the atomizer is much closer to your mouth, and the vapor doesn't have much time to cool before you inhale it. With the T3S and the EVOD, the coil is on the bottom and so the vapor has more time to cool as it travels through the tube to your mouth.

Regarding the drip tips, spaceballsrules has already covered that with a great post on the different types of drip tips. Some folks like to personalize their drip tips, while others just want something more "comfortable" than the standard tip. Many clearos have removable/changeable drip tips (CE5, Protank 2, Protank 3, etc.) while others do not (T3S, EVOD, MT3, etc.).

HTH!

flamesonfire

Sep 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The new ce5-s I have is bottom feed after all my issue with top feed I won't go back! So you can't pour liquid in with this drip tip? Well there's definitely a better flavor with the ce5-s but not much more then I was getting with the evod! The only reason I wanted clouds is because the girlfriend loves when I fill a room full of vape because she likes the smell of a lot of my juices! But back to the warm though it's more a hot even when I had the old top feed wick things it was no where near this warm! Idk if that's because it's the two coils or I'm doing something wrong?

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
Hey there flames,
Ran across this:
https://www.canvape.com/product-p/voasp1.8sd.htm

What kind of battery are you using?
Not 100% sure, but the duals may want more voltage to fire both coils properly.
If you have a VV battery, you may want to up the voltage, that may help.

"Dual coil cartomizers seem to be all the rage lately but there is some confusion on how they actually work.

A dual coil carto consists of two coils of the same resistance. They are wired in parallel so the total resistance is half the resistance of either coil.
For example:
The total resistance of the 1.5ohm dual coil is 1.5ohms, but the resistance of either coil it contains is 3ohms. Both coils are actually 3.0ohms individually, together they are not 6.0, they are 1.5ohms

A 1.5ohm carto at 3.7V would be drawing 3.7/1.5=2.47 amps. But the single coil is burning at 3.7^2 / 1.5 = 9.13 Watts, while each coil of a dual coil 1.5ohm carto is burning at (3.7^2/1.5) / 2 = 4.57 watts. You are spliting the power between the two coils.
Although you can certainly get away with it, a 3.7v device is not ideal for a DC cartoi, you should use a 4.5v or better."

Not sure if this helps. Might explain the battery usage.
If you are happy with the T3s or the Evod BCC,
:2c:
I would stick with those.
You bring up an interesting point.

So on my dual coil iClear30 which my MVP reads at 2.1 ohms, what voltage do you recommend I run it at, or what min-max voltage range to operate?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
You bring up an interesting point.

So on my dual coil iClear30 which my MVP reads at 2.1 ohms, what voltage do you recommend I run it at, or what min-max voltage range to operate?

The amp limit on the MVP is 3.0 amps, so you can safely push the voltage up pretty high. It's really personal preference, and also depends on the juice. If I were running a dual coil at 2.1 ohms, chances are I would be running around 3.4-3.6 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread