Tell Trump About Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Mountain View, CA
So it's been awhile since I posted anything here. But today I came across a site that lets you send the new presidential administration your thoughts on whatever you want to "Make America Great Again":

Tell Us Your Story

FYI, I'm a registered Democrat (albeit right-leaning on several issues) who didn't vote for Trump.

First off, let's PLEASE not turn this thread into an off-topic political debate. Thanks in advance.

However, I think it might be useful to share our thoughts on vaping with the new administration. Whatever your political view, they will be put in place and will have some say in our lives.

I'm sure there are plenty of well-written example messages in these boards for sending to representatives or for petitions. Feel free to use those.

Here's what I wrote, trying my best to sound like a Trump supporter:

"Hi Team Trump,

What I'd like to talk to you about today is electronic cigarettes (or personal vaporizers). I had quit smoking in 2009 thanks to these life-saving products and have never looked back! I believe electronic cigarettes are by far the easiest and most promising option today for cigarette smokers to break the habit. The current and potential savings in US health-care costs are tremendous! Furthermore, many American businesses have been formed in this successful and growing industry.

Unfortunately, the regulatory landscape has been uncertain--at best--surrounding these products. There have been numerous attempts at the local, state, and even national levels to ban or limit the sale of electronic cigarettes across the country. Living in California, especially, I have seen this first-hand. I was appalled to see a CA proposition increasing the cigarette AND electronic cigarette tax by $2.00 pass this recent election (there had previously been no tax on electronic cigarettes, other than sales tax, as far as I know). It doesn't make any sense to levy the same sales-discouraging tax on two very different products. Based on reputable studies, electronic cigarettes are estimated to be up to 100,000 times safer than smoking. For further information search "Tobacco Harm Reduction."

Mr. Trump and team, I hope you can do something to limit this "nanny state" mentality and give the people their rights back to choose life-saving products without undue restriction or taxation.

Thank You!"

Feel free to share what you write, or ideas of what to include here; and, Let's make America great again (through vaping)!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Sorry, but please dont waste my time any more is my 2 cents.
First - this is bi partisan.
regardless of those living in red states or blue, representatives and senators either know about vaping or they dont.
Where does your party or presidential preference fit in?
Im so done with it I cant say.
Ive written quarterly, annually and voted specifically for the only candidates positive for vape population.
I GET THE SAME responses again and again and again....
Dear ms....
We dont know enough about the effects of second hand smoke from electronic cigarettes to
allow use in public areas.
blah bah blah...
Where i live in the USA (I hope 2017 is the very last year I enter/exit that country)
its illegal to vape in public parks, beaches, any arenas, parking lots (county or state or federal), same for buildings
of course - now case by case into HOA for condominiums (even if you own it, not supposed to vape in it),
and that leaves your own back yard and inside your house and car ONLY,
if caught in a rental car- auto $2500USD fine.

You mightve kept me on the US side of fight for rights and supposed individual rights per the constitution
if I thought it could make a difference for myself and other peeps, but I dont any more.
After more than 6 years steadily arguing , Im now up against peeps that dont believe in climate change,
and who honestly sport slogans like "make america great again"....
which is synonymous with "Ive never lived in any other county, nor do I care about them".
The fight is out of our hands at the federal level-

do what you can locally....if you dare.
all the best

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Make your voice heard by signing this petition!

U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products
yefUmytzRgilOto-800x450-noPad.jpg

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Sorry, but please dont waste my time any more is my 2 cents.
First - this is bi partisan.
regardless of those living in red states or blue, representatives and senators either know about vaping or they dont.
Where does your party or presidential preference fit in?
Im so done with it I cant say.
Ive written quarterly, annually and voted specifically for the only candidates positive for vape population.
I GET THE SAME responses again and again and again....
Dear ms....
We dont know enough about the effects of second hand smoke from electronic cigarettes to
allow use in public areas.
blah bah blah...
Where i live in the USA (I hope 2017 is the very last year I enter/exit that country)
its illegal to vape in public parks, beaches, any arenas, parking lots (county or state or federal), same for buildings
of course - now case by case into HOA for condominiums (even if you own it, not supposed to vape in it),
and that leaves your own back yard and inside your house and car ONLY,
if caught in a rental car- auto $2500USD fine.

You mightve kept me on the US side of fight for rights and supposed individual rights per the constitution
if I thought it could make a difference for myself and other peeps, but I dont any more.
After more than 6 years steadily arguing , Im now up against peeps that dont believe in climate change,
and who honestly sport slogans like "make america great again"....
which is synonymous with "Ive never lived in any other county, nor do I care about them".
The fight is out of our hands at the federal level-

do what you can locally....if you dare.
all the best

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Local and State Legislatures cannot change Federal Legislation without going to Court. Right now,we have several Federal Legislators fighting for us. In the Senate,we have Ron Johnson demanding information from the FDA on the regulations. The FDA has chosen to ignore these requests. And in the House several Reps have filed bills to reverse the regulations. This is a political issue and has been from the start--along with quite a bit of dishonesty in the CDC and the FDA--Margaret Hamburg is a good example. She is now under indictment for a Johnson&Johnson issue. This whole e-cigarette issue has been corrupt from the beginning.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Local and State Legislatures cannot change Federal Legislation without going to Court. Right now,we have several Federal Legislators fighting for us. In the Senate,we have Ron Johnson demanding information from the FDA on the regulations. The FDA has chosen to ignore these requests. And in the House several Reps have filed bills to reverse the regulations. This is a political issue and has been from the start--along with quite a bit of dishonesty in the CDC and the FDA--Margaret Hamburg is a good example. She is now under indictment for a Johnson&Johnson issue. This whole e-cigarette issue has been corrupt from the beginning.

Local and state legislature can ignore federal legislation or poorly/slowly implement requirements. They do it all the time. Only when money is tied to implementation will states feel they need to jump as high as the federal gov demands. The problem is most states want this to justify new taxes on vapor products.

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
Trump hates regulation, and it's very early days in his term. I think if any administration can overturn the draconian and murderous FDA regulations, it's Trump who will do it.
I'm not American, and my country doesn't even have a constitution. I think Americans should cherish their constitution and be diligent in voting for people who actually care about the basic concepts of freedom and what your country was originally founded on. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
None of this FDA nonsense regarding vaping would ever have happened unless Americans allowed it. Rights get stripped away bit by bit, until you wake up one day, and they are all gone. By the time you realize, it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread