temp control and heat flux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asquad

Jan 6, 2015
Charlottesville , VA
I haven't had any issues with temp control as far as building coils or getting dry hits. I'm assuming that heat flux is controlled by varying wattage, but where does that leave you as far as building coils. Can the heat flux be too low at achieve proper temperatures? Or maybe too high and cause hot spots? Or is heat flux moot when using TC? Any insight on the correlation between heat flux and TC would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I haven't had any issues with temp control as far as building coils or getting dry hits. I'm assuming that heat flux is controlled by varying wattage, but where does that leave you as far as building coils. Can the heat flux be too low at achieve proper temperatures? Or maybe too high and cause hot spots? Or is heat flux moot when using TC? Any insight on the correlation between heat flux and TC would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Long story short, it does matter, but not as much as with a non TC build. If you have a build with a ridiculously high heat flux, it'll reach temp protection very fast. If it's a low heat flux, it'll take a while to heat up. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread